ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Gophers' path to 2020 football wins got tougher this past week.

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
Antoine Winfield Jr. declared for the NFL draft. He was a huge difference maker for that team and they will struggle to replace him with anybody remotely as effective.

Antoine Winfield Jr. declared for the NFL draft. He was a huge difference maker for that team and they will struggle to replace him with anybody remotely as effective.

Not to mention the other 6 seniors that will be gone from the stating defense. Only 4 returning staters on defense is not the way you typically want to live, but they got a really good year out of it last year.

They do have 9 starters back on offense, but lose their #1 WR and #1 and #3 RBs. They should still be good on offense, but won’t be able to control games as much this next year without their defense playing at the same level.

Reactions: saluno22
Look. Minnesota will be alright. I mean they won't beat Nebraska in Lincoln since this conference tends to trade blowout victories with whoever has the games at home, but they'll still be a pretty decent team. I do see them taking a step back though to maybe about 9 wins this season. You don't just duplicate the best season you've had in 116 years like it's nothing.

Reactions: bigredhunter
I would say they have every right to say they’ll be the West Division favorites entering the season..

PJ Fleck is a tool
giphy.gif

Stop with the troll statement..
How is that even remotely a troll? You think we're stupid enough to believe we'll just be stuck with Frost if he doesn't work out here and we're a blue-blood? It's either Urban Meyer, Brent Venables, P.J Fleck, or some other guy similar to those guys if Frost doesn't work here. We're a blue-blood. We don't get "stuck" with anybody.

But with that said, I'm hoping and praying for the life of me that Frost does work out here at Nebraska. I believe he's the guy. He just has to put it all together. The roster is going to mostly be his now. So he has no excuse not to make a bowl game in year 3. If he doesn't, then I'd want his ass gone!

just my early prediction...I see another NW type flop coming ahead for Minnesota. NW won the West last season and then this season they came in and crapped the bed. Just my early guess, but I think Minnesota does the same, maybe not quite as badly as NW did.

I would say they have every right to say they’ll be the West Division favorites entering the season..
They won't be the fav, Wis will. They will be #2 for sure though. I saw some way to early prediction having them at 11-1. They do have another pretty cake schedule. With Mich and Wisc by far their toughest games. I see them at 9-3 or 8-4

Reactions: scarletred
How is that even remotely a troll? You think we're stupid enough to believe we'll just be stuck with Frost if he doesn't work out here and we're a blue-blood? It's either Urban Meyer, Brent Venables, P.J Fleck, or some other guy similar to those guys if Frost doesn't work here. We're a blue-blood. We don't get "stuck" with anybody.

But with that said, I'm hoping and praying for the life of me that Frost does work out here at Nebraska. I believe he's the guy. He just has to put it all together. The roster is going to mostly be his now. So he has no excuse not to make a bowl game in year 3. If he doesn't, then I'd want his ass gone!
You are trying way too hard man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT