ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Goodbye Mrs. Boxes

Man Boxes, my heart goes out to you. You have been blessed to have her as the love of your life for 26 years. May God be with you and grant you peace in the days to come. May beautiful memories fill your heart and soul with Thanksgiving of true love.

"I knew by the way she carried herself and handled adversity that she was the right one for me."

You sir also handle adversity well too, this post shows it! It takes a strong woman to fight cancer for 37 years, and it takes a strong man to be by her side the whole way.

I am so sorry for your loss, but so happy that you two found each other. Love is an amazing thing, and so glad you got to share it with one another. Take care and continue to be strong.

God Bless!

As many of you know, 11 years ago "Wannie" was diagnosed with State IV cancer. I posted a prayer thread on this about that time asking for your guys support. You guys responded like Nebraskans always do. I appreciated it then and I again thank you once more.

Today, my love passed on to be with her Lord. She was 51. At the age of 14, she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She was not supposed to make it. 37 years later, the love of my life finally lost her battle with cancer.

I met Wannie through my friend and co-worker, Rhonda. She lived at my apartments and introduced Wannie to me. It was obvious that Wannie liked me right away, as I did her. When she left, I was mad that I didn't ask her out right then. I vowed to ask her out again as soon as I saw her again.

Our first date was the date I officially joined the Navy. We met at my favorite Chinese restaurant. She wore a little red dress. I thanked her for the date, gave her a hug and a peck and walked across the street to the Navy recruiting station, got on the bus and headed for the airport on my way to boot camp.

While I was at boot camp in Orlando, she was the one who kept writing me. She sent me a package of about ten full-sized candy bars which I was supposed to share with everyone. I greedily ate every last one of them. Haha!

After boot camp, we dated some more while I was on leave. Even though it was only a week, I knew by the way she carried herself and handled adversity that she was the right one for me. So, I asked her to marry me over the phone from my "A" school in Meridian, Mississippi. Of course she said yes and we were married close to a year later.

While I was deployed she finished up her degree back home in Texas. She would later go on to have a career in teaching. She also was a Stephen Minister in our church, bringing the church to shut ins and those that were in the hospital.

If you met Wannie, then you made a friend. She was kind, thoughtful and respectful of all. Even through her years of suffering, she was always thinking of others.

Goodbye Wannie. Until we meet again, my love.
I am so very sorry for your loss.

My condolences. Reading your post, you truly were a fortunate man to have met and married such a wonderful person. God bless her soul and may He be with you through the grieving process.

As many of you know, 11 years ago "Wannie" was diagnosed with State IV cancer. I posted a prayer thread on this about that time asking for your guys support. You guys responded like Nebraskans always do. I appreciated it then and I again thank you once more.

Today, my love passed on to be with her Lord. She was 51. At the age of 14, she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She was not supposed to make it. 37 years later, the love of my life finally lost her battle with cancer.

I met Wannie through my friend and co-worker, Rhonda. She lived at my apartments and introduced Wannie to me. It was obvious that Wannie liked me right away, as I did her. When she left, I was mad that I didn't ask her out right then. I vowed to ask her out again as soon as I saw her again.

Our first date was the date I officially joined the Navy. We met at my favorite Chinese restaurant. She wore a little red dress. I thanked her for the date, gave her a hug and a peck and walked across the street to the Navy recruiting station, got on the bus and headed for the airport on my way to boot camp.

While I was at boot camp in Orlando, she was the one who kept writing me. She sent me a package of about ten full-sized candy bars which I was supposed to share with everyone. I greedily ate every last one of them. Haha!

After boot camp, we dated some more while I was on leave. Even though it was only a week, I knew by the way she carried herself and handled adversity that she was the right one for me. So, I asked her to marry me over the phone from my "A" school in Meridian, Mississippi. Of course she said yes and we were married close to a year later.

While I was deployed she finished up her degree back home in Texas. She would later go on to have a career in teaching. She also was a Stephen Minister in our church, bringing the church to shut ins and those that were in the hospital.

If you met Wannie, then you made a friend. She was kind, thoughtful and respectful of all. Even through her years of suffering, she was always thinking of others.

Wow, my thoughts and prayer for your family's loss. I want to thank you for reminding me to appreciate all the time i have with my loved ones. May

Wow....I can't imagine your pain right now boxes....thank you for sharing your story....your Wannie obviously had a beautiful soul - I truly believe you both will be re-united one day....keep the faith buddy.

Sorry for your loss, sounds like she was a wonderful, beautiful person. May you find peace that she is with her lord and savior!! Thoughts and prayers to you and your family

Very sorry for your loss. Thank you for the reminder of what true love is. Will be on the road, with windshield prayers for you today.

Cancer sucks! God Bless You. Thanks for sharing your story. Sometimes we take for granted what we have and don't realize how great it is until it's gone. By your words, it's easy to see you realized it quickly and cherished her. I would love to see your joy when you are reunited in heaven.

I dont often post in threads like these.

Sorry to hear of your loss Boxes. And dont take this the wrong way but your post made me smile. Not that you lost your wife so early, but to know that there are people out there that love each other as much as your wife and you obviously do. Its reassuring to know in this day and age of divorce in 2 months if its not perfect that there are loves likes yours. From the way you described your wife, I think it would make her feel good to know that your story made people feel good about what life can be at times.

Boxes, I am saddened to hear this news. I know with your and the Mrs. beliefs, that you have more work to do here, and that it will be a tribute to her life. You were supremely blessed to find such a partner in life. I hope you can see to take those memories as strength and comfort until you are reunited. Until then, you are always a part of this family online so don't hesitate to use it!

God be with you, prayers for you and your family. It double sucks during the holidays. Our priest was talking one time and he said he was consoling a elderly gentleman who just lost his wife, father ask him how long had they been married, the man replied 64 years and then the man said this I wish we had more time. Time goes by so fast hopefully most of your time with your wife was great.

Oh my, Boxes, I'm so very sorry to hear this. My sincerest condolences to you and the rest of your family. Sending prayers that you may be comforted by the Father.

I think about the struggle that she and your entire family have gone through, and I understand why she would be such a caring person. Those that have gone through such difficulty become of the most caring and compassionate.

It's a terrible thing to lose somebody.. As the country song " If you get there before I do" illustrates ,she will be waiting for you when your chores are done my friend.

Reactions: bigboxes
So very sorry to hear of your loss boxes. She sounds like a tremendous person.

Prayers to you & your family.

It seems that I am only a few years younger than you, boxes. I have been married for 21 to a woman I certainly out punted my coverage with. I can’t even imagine what you are going through right now. Though I have never met you face to face, you’re one of my favorites here. Thoughts are with you, man.

Last edited:
So sorry to hear this boxes, I know it has been a long and courageous battle. RIP Wannie

So sorry to hear that, Boxes. I wish there were something I could type here to make you feel as "normal" as you're ever going to feel about it, but I know there isn't. Be patient with yourself with the grief process, some days it will be horrible and some days it will be normal enough that you'll feel bad for not feeling bad enough.

I cannot imagine the strength you have summoned up during this long battle. My hat is off to you for being able to do that, and may she rest in perfect peace.

I'm so sorry to hear this BB. don't know what to say ...
Prayers to you and yours.

BTW , The Mod wants to talk to you about giving out WAY to many likes Laughing

ADVERTISEMENT