ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Goodbye mama boxes

bigboxes

Nebraska Legend
Sep 4, 2004
Arlington, TX
My mother passed away late on the 14th. She was 76. I had asked to board to pray for her on a few occasions and wanted to give the board an update. She finally succumbed to the cancer and is no longer suffering. Although she was not a native she had a deep love of the people of the state and for her beloved Cornhuskers. When we lived in Omaha she was employed as a professor of nursing at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. I appreciate all the kind words and support you guys have given me throughout the years. I'm going to miss her dearly and it will not be the same come this fall.

My mother passed away late on the 14th. She was 76. I had asked to board to pray for her on a few occasions and wanted to give the board an update. She finally succumbed to the cancer and is no longer suffering. Although she was not a native she had a deep love of the people of the state and for her beloved Cornhuskers. When we lived in Omaha she was employed as a professor of nursing at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. I appreciate all the kind words and support you guys have given me throughout the years. I'm going to miss her dearly and it will not be the same come this fall.
Praying for peace for you and the family as you work through your grief.

Blessings, Boxes. Never easy to lose a parent...especially a really good one. Her legacy is in your hands. Peace.

Reactions: bigboxes

Ah man, I'm so sorry to hear this. There is nothing as difficult as losing a parent. My prayers to your mom and you and your family.

I have found that even though both parents passed over 20 years ago, they are always near -- and I am sure the same will be true for you. (BTW, that advice comes from someone who is anything but a religious zealot.)

I coveted your prayers when I needed them...was glad to give them when you asked.Blessings and great comfort, my good friend.

ADVERTISEMENT