ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Good cheap burger in Nebraska?

Ozzie’s in Sutherland, which is west of North Platte. Worth the short detour off I-80. Don’t be fooled by the convenience store facade - whoever makes the burgers is an artist.

Notice the "healthy oats" on the bun of this burger :D:

burgers1w.jpg

Louie M's and Stella's in Omaha are outstanding.

In Lincoln, HF Crave was a favorite of mine...
Abe's is good but, it made me terribly sick the 2nd time I went.

Edit:
Hyannis, im not sure the restaurant name, but they have an excellent burger.

Last edited:
Knew a guy who made burgers at a golf course in Morrison, Colorado back in the 90's. Before they built a clubhouse, he'd be out in a few metal sheds selling burgers and dogs. I swear, those burgers just melted in your mouth and the seasoning was spot on every time. And he made the best damn lemonade as well.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Knew a guy who made burgers at a golf course in Morrison, Colorado back in the 90's. Before they built a clubhouse, he'd be out in a few metal sheds selling burgers and dogs. I swear, those burgers just melted in your mouth and the seasoning was spot on every time. And he made the best damn lemonade as well.
But, you mean to make me drive all the way out to Colorado.... just to taste the best burger?! Not sure which territory.... tease, or what!!!

(Thanks buddy, gives me another reason to vacation in Colorado) :)

I finally tried Dinkers and Stella’s a few years ago. They were good, but IMO they were both just missing something. My wife and kids felt the same way. I think if they seasoned their burgers with something it’d be the bomb. Again JMHO.

In Omaha, Ray’s Wings in Midtown Crossing, I really like their burgers. Cheddars isn’t too bad either.

There’s a place in Ogallala on the north end of town (can’t think of the name) that had what I thought was a great burger, but after a day at Lake Mac I was starving. If/when I’m back that way I will stop there again. It looks western like with a lot of light colored wood inside. Someone has to know the name.

There’s a place in Ogallala on the north end of town (can’t think of the name) that had what I thought was a great burger, but after a day at Lake Mac I was starving. If/when I’m back that way I will stop there again. It looks western like with a lot of light colored wood inside. Someone has to know the name.

The name of the place is Open Range. It's on North Spruce Street.

Reactions: sloth316 and newAD
I finally tried Dinkers and Stella’s a few years ago. They were good, but IMO they were both just missing something. My wife and kids felt the same way. I think if they seasoned their burgers with something it’d be the bomb. Again JMHO.

In Omaha, Ray’s Wings in Midtown Crossing, I really like their burgers. Cheddars isn’t too bad either.

The Open Range

In bar/cafe in Ohiowa Nebraska, he's has a dam good burger that is reasonable in price and you won't go away hungry, it's beats any fast food by far

Reactions: huskerfan66

Agree on Dinkers...son and I tried them and while I did like them, I did not see what the bid deal was.

Reactions: newAD
Sin City in Grand Island, or Ballz. Both Have specials on Wednesday and Tuesday respectively (I think). My favorite is the buffalo blue burger. (at both). Just have to order a side of buffalo sauce at ballz. Don't forget to put both types of seasoning on your fries at Sin City.

For western nebraska, the Longhorn bar in Harrison Nebraska makes great classic cheeseburgers. Hard to beat. Not sure on price tho.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Agree on Dinkers...son and I tried them and while I did like them, I did not see what the bid deal was.

Not great. Dinker's is extremely overrated.
There are other reasons I have only eaten there twice, too. I'll leave it at that.

Stella's is pretty damn good....so is Louie M's.

Reactions: HuskerHusaria
I forgot. “Local” Brewery in the new buildings in Old Millard. Really like their burgers too. And fries. And beer.

When you come to Boulder next September, stop in at the Dark Horse for a burger. That place feels like it has always been there and always will be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT