ADVERTISEMENT

OT: $GME

As soon as the smart money is repositioned, I could see them opening it back up completely to allow the suckers to come in and recover wall streets losses. I wouldn't touch this thing with a 10 foot pole at this point.

This times 10.

I agree with rambo though... it's going to pop to 400-500 IMO... pretty classic retest of the highs then it goes boom again for good.

And then they'll pile into something else. They say silver but I'll believe it goes to 1000 when I see it. The short interest there dwarfs Gamestop but the shorts also have MUCH deeper pockets and implicit and actual backing of the fed. Could be a nice run up to 40 or 50 though.

BUT... the silver dealers are sold out in the last few days. If people start en masse taking delivery then it won't stop until at least 1000. and yes you read that right. There is no upper limit on how high it will go given the ridiculous amount of shorts on that metal.

Here's how i'll put it, just to give an idea.

If you squeeze gamestop you break a hedge fund, maybe two.

if you squeeze silver, you break jp morgan chase.

maybe it happens and i'm wrong. i'm EXTREMELY bullish silver long term. I just don't think these guys have the pocketbook to play in that pool even with outsized gains. It's a much, much bigger market (sure it's tiny compared to some markets but it's huge compared to gamestop) and they're swimming with some real sharks that know they're coming -- as opposed to gamestop.

i just find it highly unlikely to succeed in its entirety to the extent that gamestop did.

maybe it happens and i'm wrong. i'm EXTREMELY bullish silver long term. I just don't think these guys have the pocketbook to play in that pool even with outsized gains. It's a much, much bigger market (sure it's tiny compared to some markets but it's huge compared to gamestop) and they're swimming with some real sharks that know they're coming -- as opposed to gamestop.

i just find it highly unlikely to succeed in its entirety to the extent that gamestop did.

...agree 1000%

I find it impossible to believe they can do to silver what they did prior with Game...BUT, doesn't mean they can't move the needle a little, but if the pro's know it's coming you're going to be helping them make money to. No way they sit on the sideline and just watch.

...agree 1000%

I find it impossible to believe they can do to silver what they did prior with Game...BUT, doesn't mean they can't move the needle a little, but if the pro's know it's coming you're going to be helping them make money to. No way they sit on the sideline and just watch.

Yep... and that's why i said 40-50. plus i think silver was going to go up this spring anyway. maybe they'll break the all time highs and go to 65 or so but higher would take some REAL doing. if they're really serious and just start putting a bunch of silver in their basement then well... all bets are off.

and get ready for a bunch of marriage problems LOL... silver takes up a ton of space.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo

The issue with squeezing silver is that it cascades over into copper and gold. Its the kind of thing that can bring a currency down (hint: the pound). I can't imagine anyone who would want retribution on England.*

Reactions: Kleitusbpn
...agree 1000%

I haven’t seen anywhere on the actual WSB board about buying silver. I think this is coming from the bots or a misunderstanding. It’s all still GME and AMC

The issue with squeezing silver is that it cascades over into copper and gold. Its the kind of thing that can bring a currency down (hint: the pound). I can't imagine anyone who would want retribution on England.*

LOL yeah pretty much... the bloody eurozone bureaucrats are PISSED...

copper and nickel will go up when congress starts dropping green new deal spending. the new lithium ion batteries are 80% nickel. and you can't do anything electric without copper. and you'd know that, right mr electrician? :p

copper and nickel streaming contracts is going to be a bigger thing the next several years (not an investment advisor but... *cough* nova royalty *cough*)

Reactions: Crazyhole
LOL yeah pretty much... the bloody eurozone bureaucrats are PISSED...

copper and nickel will go up when congress starts dropping green new deal spending. the new lithium ion batteries are 80% nickel. and you can't do anything electric without copper. and you'd know that, right mr electrician? :p

copper and nickel streaming contracts is going to be a bigger thing the next several years (not an investment advisor but... *cough* nova royalty *cough*)
You might get a kick out of this article. "Optimism grows", but pretty much everything they cite is kind of the opposite, lol.

Reactions: Kleitusbpn
You might get a kick out of this article. "Optimism grows", but pretty much everything they cite is kind of the opposite, lol.

What do you expect? The markets go up on money printing. Nothing else has mattered since like 2000 (if you count lowering interest rates as money printing... which it really kinda is).

All the bad stuff is just an excuse to print more money.

Reactions: cubsker
Overheard at a gym in San Diego yesterday:

bro 1: did you get in on that Gamestop and Dogecoin stuff?
bro 2: no, just AMC
bro 1: oh well, it was just 1 paycheck

Wall Street won again damnit.

I got out of $GME, $AMC, and $NAKD as soon as Robinhood started messing with the limits on what you could/couldn't buy/own/trade. Lost a total on the last two of a little over $200 but no worries, $UPWK replaced those losses in two days. My trio of $UPWK, $FBCG and $TSLA have been reliable money makers.

Super, super, super long-term play is on dogecoin.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I got out of $GME, $AMC, and $NAKD as soon as Robinhood started messing with the limits on what you could/couldn't buy/own/trade. Lost a total on the last two of a little over $200 but no worries, $UPWK replaced those losses in two days. My trio of $UPWK, $FBCG and $TSLA have been reliable money makers.

Super, super, super long-term play is on dogecoin.

Saw some activity betting on TSLA dropping 30% this month. Wonder what that's all about.

If TSLA drops 30%, yeah you will probably see some of that. But 30%....that's a crash. Tesla recall incoming?
There will be a market wide sell off and TSLA, one of the most overbought stocks, with one of the heaviest weightings in the S&P 500 will get hit hardest and take a bunch of the market down with it. Tesla already recalled like 100k cars. And 30k in china

I bought 1 tesla at 400, it split and the split stocks went to 800 something, so 400 turned into 4000...
so I sold that and bought gm....

I figure gm knows cars better (like a rock), they just have to get the electric and software part down
(and lose weight)
and they have a lot better chance doubling now then tesla

although tesla's AI and space x internets...may keep them going up, just as a car company they seem overvalued

it's all speculative :)

There will be a market wide sell off and TSLA, one of the most overbought stocks, with one of the heaviest weightings in the S&P 500 will get hit hardest and take a bunch of the market down with it. Tesla already recalled like 100k cars. And 30k in china

Oh wow, I missed that. I didn't miss the news about semiconductor shortages affecting car production though. Wow. Could be a turbulent month for Tesla then.

I bought 1 tesla at 400, it split and the split stocks went to 800 something, so 400 turned into 4000...

I figure gm knows cars better (like a rock), they just have to get the electric and software part down
(and lose weight)

although tesla's AI and space x internets...may keep them going up, just as a car company they seem overvalued

Their AI is a mirage. Remember they were talking about full self-driving by 2020. It's not coming anytime soon, bet on that.

Oh wow, I missed that. I didn't miss the news about semiconductor shortages affecting car production though. Wow. Could be a turbulent month for Tesla then.
Ford had to cut back on F150 because of the semiconductor shortage... If demand is so high I can't believe other companies arent jumping in to make them.

Their AI is a mirage. Remember they were talking about full self-driving by 2020. It's not coming anytime soon, bet on that.
I don't know enough about AI to speak much on it. beside gm I'm staying away from ev, too much speculation from tesla,to nio, to all the electric charging companies, to the mining companies involved.

I keep remembering the AI car who ran over the person on the bike and think of liability issues..

I do have plug power but I bought that long ago and it's been a cash machine.

Ford had to cut back on F150 because of the semiconductor shortage... If demand is so high I can't believe other companies arent jumping in to make them.
I bought 7 different semiconductor stock last week, that's not just affecting autos, quallcom is short too. skyworks looked ahead and stocked up

bought some puts for 100 strike price @67.00 when it was 368 stock price but so many people in it only made 128.00 when I sold and the price was at 100 seems like you should make a lot more than that when the stock drops 75 % but i had to buy out a ways to afford it

Reactions: GBRforLife1
I don't know enough about AI to speak much on it. beside gm I'm staying away from ev, too much speculation from tesla,to nio, to all the electric charging companies, to the mining companies involved.

I keep remembering the AI car who ran over the person on the bike and think of liability issues..

I do have plug power but I bought that long ago and it's been a cash machine.

I've messed around with AI and followed it enough to know that their claims are bunk. If the transportation infrastructure changes enough, they could eventually get to a highly constrained version of full self-driving. But as things currently stand they have no chance, and I'm shocked they are actually allowed to let people drive around with something like that in their cars.

I've messed around with AI and followed it enough to know that their claims are bunk. If the transportation infrastructure changes enough, they could eventually get to a highly constrained version of full self-driving. But as things currently stand they have no chance, and I'm shocked they are actually allowed to let people drive around with something like that in their cars.
What if you dig a tunnel for your "good enough" self driving car to be able to operate?

If TSLA drops 30%, yeah you will probably see some of that. But 30%....that's a crash. Tesla recall incoming?

Short term, a 30% loss would suck if I really needed the money. But if I were in that situation, I wouldn't be investing anyway. I'd still hold and buy on the dip. I believe in them long term so any short term price drops, I try to buy. The semi may be starting production this summer and the cybertruck is just around the corner. They've got enough new products and millenials/zoomers love Elon so I feel very confident in the long term.

Nice. Which ones have the most room to run?
I can't say, but here's 5 of them I bought
NXPI
STM
MU
ON
SWKS

NXPI is big for autos in the world
the next 4 are ones I have had on my watch list for years, for IOT, and also autos

I'm not really a expert but I did see a page that list the top 10 for autos,
I just figure if they are shutting down plants because of it, supply and demand should kick in.

Top Key Manufacturers of Global Automotive Semiconductor Market Are:

• NXP Semiconductors
  • Renesas Electronics
  • Infineon Technologies
  • STMicroelectronics
  • Robert Bosch GmbH
  • Texas Instruments
  • ON Semiconductor
  • ROHM
  • Toshiba
  • Analog Devices

Last edited:
They never said what level of full self-driving. If you use the marketing definition which is what Tesla is claiming, they're releasing it this year. If you use the SAE definition, yeah it's a long ways away.

(and lose weight)

That's a huge part of it is Tesla isn't just a car company. They're an AI and battery company as well which you have to figure into the share price.

Reactions: redwine65
They never said what level of full self-driving. If you use the marketing definition which is what Tesla is claiming, they're releasing it this year. If you use the SAE definition, yeah it's a long ways away.
Well...we have been hearing about flying cars for 40 years...

Telsa created the biggest con since the pills that were going to help my **** better (the didn't) but kudos for them, they tricked people into buy that Saturn of 2020...

But their cars look cool and seem to help the environment that people pretend to care about. I wish I had bought their stock 5 years ago when it was at like 35 dollars.

Self-driving AI is about extracting the appropriate features of the driving environment and also identifying appropriate rules to exhibit the proper driving behaviors. Changing transportation infrastructure is just putting training wheels on the problem but not actually solving the problem... Unless you count improving mapping infrastructure as part of that since nearly all self-driving algorithms rely pretty heavily on mapping.

ADVERTISEMENT