ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady

Legally speaking, marriage for men is an unconscionable contract. Divorce laws are so skewed in women's favor that many men have decided the juice isnt worth the squeeze. I myself disagree but that is one small reason that could be why marriage rates are falling.
Yeah, this is so true.

Because with marriage, comes children and position within society. There are multiple stakeholders and consequences tied to the success of the relationship. Marriage should be sobering to get into and out of.

My girls would never live with a man who was not serious about his intentions for them and his plan to build a life for/with her and their future kids on a foundation of mutual goals, love and respect. So many young adults are just grown up adolescents, drifting along cluelessly. We have expectations for the girls to conduct themselves with the proper attitudes and standards too, so their future husbands know they're getting good ones
I said the same thing about our daughter. She was brought up in a morally strong home, attended a great Christian college (that was her choice) and between my two children she was the last one that I thought would ever compromise OUR moral standards but she did. Her mother and I were devastated when she told us. She married the guy and he has a special place for putting up with her!

My take is the societal pull to conform to its norms rather than the expected family is huge. Good luck.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
I said the same thing about our daughter. She was brought up in a morally strong home, attended a great Christian college (that was her choice) and between my two children she was the last one that I thought would ever compromise OUR moral standards but she did. Her mother and I were devastated when she told us. She married the guy and he has a special place for putting up with her!

My take is the societal pull to conform to its norms rather than the expected family is huge. Good luck.
Agreed. There is an excellent article on the American Conservative about the changing sexual norms and attitudes of young people and it's impact on the world. Kind of long, but a very good read

Had they been married, would the end have been worse for him or about the same or what?
His parents might have disowned him if he had married that nut. I haven’t quite figured out what he’s looking for other than a place to put “it”. Dated a nice Catholic girl in Omaha and broke up with her. Dated this floozie for a couple of years and moved to Texas because she wanted to. Then kicked her out after a month or two of living in their 459k townhome that he can’t really afford by himself. New gal pal is a national manager for a well known online apparel marketing company. We haven’t met her yet. Looks cute on her social media stuff that my daughter stalked.

Agreed. There is an excellent article on the American Conservative about the changing sexual norms and attitudes of young people and it's impact on the world. Kind of long, but a very good read

This really all started with the creation of the birth control pill. Shortly after the sexual revolution started, Roe v Wade was enacted and the destruction of civilization began in earnest.

Morgan Stanley put out a piece talking about the rise of the 'She'conomy. Data says that the majority of women over 30 will be single childless and never married by 2024. They looked at it from where they need to invest but many others are looking at it from a much darker lense. The sexual marketplace has become globalized with the advent of Social media. The top 5% of men can have virtual harams of women. They have no incentive to get married because they have access to the most beautiful women all over the world. The bottom 80% of men get little to nothing. Even 20 years ago the gorgeous girl from say Fremont, NE was destined to marry the guy who owned the local car dealership, maybe a physician or lawyer etc. Nowadays that girl is instagram famous and a Rap artist Youtuber or NFL football player slides into her IG Dms flies her out to him and she hooks up with him for a few weeks and finds herself rubbing elbows with celebrities. It's a strange strange world now. and when you look at it that way it's no wonder marriage rates are at 150 year lows. Young men arent just competing with guys in their town anymore. They are competing with the best looking and most successful men in the world. Look where Adam Lavine was finding his misstresses? Instagram.
And there will end the American society. Birth rates for educated productive Americans are already tanking. It’s happened in France with their declining birth rate. Russia as well. Now France is dealing with a huge influx of Middle Eastern immigrants to fill the housing and economic void.

And there will end the American society. Birth rates for educated productive Americans are already tanking. It’s happened in France with their declining birth rate. Russia as well. Now France is dealing with a huge influx of Middle Eastern immigrants to fill the housing and economic void.
Yes. Sadly our leaders on both sides of the aisles in DC, churches and corporate America's solution is to import people from the 3rd world to keep the population from tanking. What they should be doing is creating more equitable divorce laws so that women are not incentivized to leave marriages. Providing massive tax cuts for getting married and having children, cheap loans and grants for married homeowners. There needs to be huge incentives to getting and staying married and having children. Nowadays there are slim to no advantages and slim just died.

Yes. Sadly our leaders on both sides of the aisles in DC, churches and corporate America's solution is to import people from the 3rd world to keep the population from tanking. What they should be doing is creating more equitable divorce laws so that women are not incentivized to leave marriages. Providing massive tax cuts for getting married and having children, cheap loans and grants for married homeowners. There needs to be huge incentives to getting and staying married and having children. Nowadays there are slim to no advantages and slim just died.
Those are okay proposals. Why have conservatives never actually proposed them? They were supposed to be the side that upheld traditional values (right?), yet they completely failed in upholding the institution of marriage, instead getting distracted by topics like abortion or attacking gay marriage. Maybe if conservatives would ever come up with a proposal people could get behind to incentivize marriage and children, then maybe people would actually support those proposals.

I think at this point it's too far gone that your proposals aren't going to do much. Tax cuts for one only help those who actually have money and do little to nothing for people who don't have money, namely young singles and newlyweds, which are the group that needs to be targeted by policy. Tax incentives for having children should be generous, yet Republicans are attacking the child tax credit. At this point, it needs to go beyond monetary incentives to actually make a difference. If you want to make a difference, you need to target the social problems as well. That includes a tax on corruptive programming, eg, reality shows on MTV that promote hookup culture, the Kardashians, Dateline, etc. News outlets should be banned from using the term "men" to describe criminals. Social media needs to be heavily regulated, especially dating apps and the unbalanced dating markets they promote. Maybe Republicans could support the institution of marriage through public programming instead of attacking public programming. There's tons of things socially that are disincentivizing marriage and children that haven't even registered in the minds of conservatives because they're too stuck in the past. They say they want to bring back those traditional values from the past but their actions suggest otherwise.

Reactions: BleedRed78
This is on women, or society in general. I don't think men have changed a bit. We're still the same take life as it comes, perservere through the BS creatures we've always been. Meanwhile, there's a huge percentage of women in there 20s who have zero interest in dating or getting married. That would have been unheard of even 30 or 40 years ago. Meanwhile social media has massively inflated the worth of females, and conversely, leaves behind a huge chunk of males. The number of sexless young men has tripled from 2008, and coincides with the advent of dating apps like Tinder. It's now at 30%, up from 10%, and even the female percentage has nearly doubled. With my economics background, I understand that markets are massively inefficient when there's a power imbalance. These dating apps are a prime example of that. People are getting married later than ever. The US birth rate has plunged over this same period and is now well below replacement rate. These aren't coincidences, social media should be taxed massively for the amount of social damage it has done. It isn't just social media, but it is a massive part of the problem. And ultimately it has done a great deal of economic damage as birth and marriage rates have declined. The amount of economic damage they've done dwarves even their inflated values on the stock exchanges.
I think it is hard to date these days. I have a nephew who lives in Vegas. He is 40 and a graduate of UNLV. Has a degree in pro golf management and has his own business teaching golf. He rents space at golf course. He is far better looking than me and much nicer, but even in Vegas he has a tough time finding women to date. He tells me that they want him to spend money doing things he simply cannot afford. He is grinding as he is trying to grow his business. I think another thing that has affected my nephew is that he was involved in a relationship with a very nice, great looking woman who is a really good golfer as well (She was on the golf team when she went to Bishop Gorman). Unfortunately, she always wanted more. She wanted my nephew to quit his business to become a tour player so they would be rich. He is a 0 to -2 handicap player, but there are thousands of those so good luck with that. For now, I think he is content to pick-up the strays that flow through the house he shares with his rich roommate who has made a fortune in the tech world and does not mind spending serious money on the ladies.

I think it is hard to date these days. I have a nephew who lives in Vegas. He is 40 and a graduate of UNLV. Has a degree in pro golf management and has his own business teaching golf. He rents space at golf course. He is far better looking than me and much nicer, but even in Vegas he has a tough time finding women to date. He tells me that they want him to spend money doing things he simply cannot afford. He is grinding as he is trying to grow his business. I think another thing that has affected my nephew is that he was involved in a relationship with a very nice, great looking woman who is a really good golfer as well (She was on the golf team when she went to Bishop Gorman). Unfortunately, she always wanted more. She wanted my nephew to quit his business to become a tour player so they would be rich. He is a 0 to -2 handicap player, but there are thousands of those so good luck with that. For now, I think he is content to pick-up the strays that flow through the house he shares with his rich roommate who has made a fortune in the tech world and does not mind spending serious money on the ladies.
I've dated multiple women who have "great jobs" making in the 40k a year range. They spend like they make 200k. I am late 20s making 95k in Omaha. I wasnt making enough to support their lifestyle. These women spend 1500 a month on and will not give up their beauty care routines. (waxing, botox, fake eyelashes, biweekly nail appointments, $400 monthly hair appointments, new clothes, chemical peels, facials, new shoes, etc.) Any time they get in a hole financially? Daddy cuts them a check. I dont blame your friend one bit for just taking what he can get. It is brutal dating nowadays.

I've dated multiple women who have "great jobs" making in the 40k a year range. They spend like they make 200k. I am late 20s making 95k in Omaha. I wasnt making enough to support their lifestyle. These women spend 1500 a month on and will not give up their beauty care routines. (waxing, botox, fake eyelashes, biweekly nail appointments, $400 monthly hair appointments, new clothes, chemical peels, facials, new shoes, etc.) Any time they get in a hole financially? Daddy cuts them a check. I dont blame your friend one bit for just taking what he can get. It is brutal dating nowadays.

You were "serious" with some of those girls in their 20's and that is where the big money comes in.

If you are super casual with them, it is cheap, easy and fun. **** the serious part, unless that is what you are looking for.

Oh and if you think it is bad now...wait until you hangout with them when they are in their 30's!

If you do find a great gal and I hope you do, make sure you s*** test her. Pretend that you forgot your billfold the next time you're at a nice restaurant. See how she reacts when you ask her if she can pick it up and then you'll pay her back. You want to find out if she has any motherly instincts and can cook at all. There's a whole YouTube channel on this.

Also, make sure you've got the qualities that a good woman is looking for. I don't think they are all the shallow gold diggers they are made out to be. Both sides complain there aren't any good ones out there. Surely that's not true

Is that a great job in Omaha making in the $40K range? I assume you are talking about what people in their twenties are making and not someone with experience. It still seems low to me. I know jobs are paying more here in the Northwest than that for new hires. My wife does orientation for nurses at our local hospital and they start nurses right out of nursing school at $65K. The kid across the street just got his EE degree, got a job with the local county PUD (our PUD has two hydro-electric dams they operate on the Columbia River. We have very cheap power) and he is started out making more than the nurses. He just got a large raise after working there for one year.

Is that a great job in Omaha making in the $40K range? I assume you are talking about what people in their twenties are making and not someone with experience. It still seems low to me. I know jobs are paying more here in the Northwest than that for new hires. My wife does orientation for nurses at our local hospital and they start nurses right out of nursing school at $65K. The kid across the street just got his EE degree, got a job with the local county PUD (our PUD has two hydro-electric dams they operate on the Columbia River. We have very cheap power) and he is started out making more than the nurses. He just got a large raise after working there for one year.
No its not great. But they sure thought it was. 40k is basically one rung above working fast food in Omaha anymore. Thats why I put "great job" in quotes. Many young women in their 20s make that working in hospitality HR or entry level health care. They are low paying jobs but these modern womens lifestyles are so damn expensive they need a man to supplement it. My ex had a "great job" she spent like she made 200k. She was living in a ritzy part of West O. Had a nice new car. Spent an arm and a leg on clothes and beauty procedures. How did she do this without amassing a bunch of debt? Well I figured out shortly before we broke up her dad paid for basically all her living expenses. (Gas, Groceries, Car, Insurance etc.) Her salary was going to her lifestyle spending and I was spending about $500 a month on her. She had no idea what she was actually spending and she could not sustain it without financial help from me and her parents. She is not alone. Women drive this consumer economy.

For a younger female, a job in that pay range is relatively insignificant, but possibly confused as important if it is aligned with a high status brand, industry or person such as working the front desk at the Apple store, Mercedes or the beauty counter at premium makeup brand.

They are both going to be just fine. Their kids will want for nothing in life and I'm sure both of them will be dutiful and involved parents post divorce. Tom will find a new super model girlfriend probably inside of 6 months that is 20 years younger than Gisele. Gisele will find another rich, successful man too. As far as celebrity relationships go, these 2 lasted a long time.
She will be lucky if she finds that. She is old and has kids so good luck with that. A new girl turns 18 every day.

For a younger female, a job in that pay range is relatively insignificant, but possibly confused as important if it is aligned with a high status brand, industry or person such as working the front desk at the Apple store, Mercedes or the beauty counter at premium makeup brand.
What a sexist remark. It is 2022! So, you think female college grads are only good for the front desk of an Apple store or selling cosmetics? Let me guess and now I will stereotype. You are from a small town. Am I right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT