ADVERTISEMENT

OT: GEICO commercials.

huskerfan66

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Dec 8, 2004
Glad the Camel and Mike, Mike Mike are back. Hump day, yeah. My favorite.

But the commercial with the new Dad calling his parents collect.,.... Classic.

Reminds me of high school. We had a pay phone in school by the weight room. After practice we would call home. You could yell into the receiver to have your parents pick you up. IF that didn't work, it was SOP to call the number back

Fat gut walking dogs with a lil snarky bitch asking him questions.

If I see the GMC truck commercial with the chic that takes the guys $65,000 truck by saying “she loves it” instead of taking the red $70,000 SUV I’m going to jump out of my living room window!
But she likes red

If I see the GMC truck commercial with the chic that takes the guys $65,000 truck by saying “she loves it” instead of taking the red $70,000 SUV I’m going to jump out of my living room window!

My Mom hates this commercial.
I can't even say what she said.
To paraphrase, lil f'n bitch.

Reactions: mmunso7

The premise of that commercial is so ridiculous. ‘I’m going to spend $135k on cars for Christmas. Without consulting my spouse first. It’s only a $2,400 monthly payment.’

In real life that conversation for almost everybody ends doesn’t end with a wife happily snatch up the truck. It ends with divorce papers.

Just mentioned tonight how good some of geicos commercials are. Progressive has a couple too.

Glad the Camel and Mike, Mike Mike are back. Hump day, yeah. My favorite.

But the commercial with the new Dad calling his parents collect.,.... Classic.

Reminds me of high school. We had a pay phone in school by the weight room. After practice we would call home. You could yell into the receiver to have your parents pick you up. IF that didn't work, it was SOP to call the number back

Yeah, I actually like the Hump Day one, but there are way too many of them that are irritating. The Cavemen commercials make me want to track down the writers of these commercials and bludgeon them. The "Going up the country" commercial makes me want to remove that writer's genes from existence. :D

Last edited:
The premise of that commercial is so ridiculous. ‘I’m going to spend $135k on cars for Christmas. Without consulting my spouse first. It’s only a $2,400 monthly payment.’

In real life that conversation for almost everybody ends doesn’t end with a wife happily snatch up the truck. It ends with divorce papers.

Had this exact same conversation with my girlfriend two days ago...I said to her (and she drives a new truck, so it fit) "Wouldn't you want to be consulted, if only about the color, but don't you want some say in the car you're going to be driving for a few years or more"? She gave me a look that said "No shit dumbass".

Reactions: GretnaShawn
[QUOTE="huskerfan66, post: 4917608, member: 5804"

Reminds me of high school. We had a pay phone in school by the weight room. After practice we would call home. You could yell into the receiver to have your parents pick you up. IF that didn't work, it was SOP to call the number back[/QUOTE]

After practice and lifting we had a pay phone and everyone at home knew if the phone rang and all they heard were button tones they knew you were ready to be picked up. You could hear them but they couldn't hear you.

Reactions: huskerfan66

You apparently didn't catch the key portion of the ad where he SAVED UP TO $13,000!

Who in their right mind would pass up the opportunity to save that much money?

Had this exact same conversation with my girlfriend two days ago...I said to her (and she drives a new truck, so it fit) "Wouldn't you want to be consulted, if only about the color, but don't you want some say in the car you're going to be driving for a few years or more"? She gave me a look that said "No shit dumbass".

Color and accessories and whatever, totally agree. But bigger picture, if I went out and made that big of a purchase without consulting my wife first, she'd be pissed. And if my wife went out and did that to me, I would be livid as well. The idea that anybody, that isn't extreme high income, would go out and make a $1,000 monthly commitment without speaking to their spouse first is ludicrous.

Reactions: Can o' corn
Don’t worry, I’m one of THE tattoo artists in the city.

Doctor: you nervous?
Patient: Yes.
Doctor: Me too. Don’t worry, we’ll figure it out.

Not sure which cell company is doing those but they are hilarious.

"We have a saying around here - if your brakes don't stop you, something else will!"

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Geico could take a few lessons from the CareerBuilder.com folks. By far the best promo ad collection ever, IMO. At least the best I can remember. They were entertaining and memorable, not irritating and forgettable like most Geico commercials.

best one!!!!!

Given the recent goings-on at Omaha Children's Hospital that one's a little close to home!

I like the Facebook "facetime" product ad where the parents ask the daughter if she's having a "burnt cookie party." LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT