ADVERTISEMENT

OT: FSU recruiting

A coach who can relate to today's players gets 5 star CB's, 2 highly rated 4* QB's that NU would kill for and others to COMMIT all in the same class.

Meanwhile back at the ranch Coach Frost likes to show off his big bass boat and takes the boyz fishing and hunting.

No wonder we keep getting our sh*t pushed in....
Go root for someone else then bud..your comments wont be missed!

A coach who can relate to today's players gets 5 star CB's, 2 highly rated 4* QB's that NU would kill for and others to COMMIT all in the same class.

Meanwhile back at the ranch Coach Frost likes to show off his big bass boat and takes the boyz fishing and hunting.

Recruits like to know their coach is real. If Scott pulled up in a corvette recruits would see right through him.

Recruits like to know their coach is real. If Scott pulled up in a corvette recruits would see right through him.
A drizzle of tobaccy juice running down his chin shows he is genuine?
So far Frost mostly attracts those broken, at risk, and turned down by most programs.

Shizzle cannot be worse than drizzle.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Alot of fans got their head buried in sand just like the head coach. I'm sorry Dr. Tom Osborne not the coach anymore. He can do things the old fashion way cuz he was the best to ever do it!!

Frost isn't Osborne...he gotta get his head in the game or get left outside!!

Reactions: jeans1515
Very impressive way to kick off the crootin’ season. Hat tip to FSU for making it a big deal.

I hope when your boyfriend/husband criticizes you that you don't get rid of him that quick.....that's not how relationships work playboy.
IM A MAN!!!! IM 40!!! Well 45 close enough thanks for the relationship tips tho Dr Phil!! I will definately keep your advice in mind.. in your world I think its safe to say most of your family lives by the statement "you just cant pick your family"

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch

What a stupid post. FSU has performed even worse on the field than Nebraska and has also recruited worse than us.

Last edited:
At least FSU had the nuts to fire an unproductive coach and try again.

Can't say the same thing about NU.
Well, the current coach has been given a longer leash, due to his status as a native son/former player, and the fact that he was very successful at his previous stop.

But make no mistake. If he continues to lose, he will be fired.

Reactions: Chuck003
then they should have done the same for Frosty

Probably, but I think at some point too we have to stop firing coaches and let them build something. The bad part was is that Eichorst was god awful and Mike Riley became the scapegoat. In all reality, MR should have never been at NU. Horrible match and thank god the Eichorst chapter ended and in all reality the NU athletic department has been a soup sandwich ever since Dr. Tom retired. Frank should have never been the successor and we should have let Byrne do his thing. We might still be a national power if that was the case.

Probably, but I think at some point too we have to stop firing coaches and let them build something. The bad part was is that Eichorst was god awful and Mike Riley became the scapegoat. In all reality, MR should have never been at NU. Horrible match and thank god the Eichorst chapter ended and in all reality the NU athletic department has been a soup sandwich ever since Dr. Tom retired. Frank should have never been the successor and we should have let Byrne do his thing. We might still be a national power if that was the case.
Yeah, I'm not buying that narrative at all re: 'have to stop firing coaches'.. to me, that just says 'we give up'.

Now, if you want to argue that we shouldn't have the expectations of a 9 win season every year, then I do think that could be looked at. We aren't in the Big 8 anymore or the Big 12 North. I would only argue that the B1G West is only marginally tougher than what we once played, but maybe I get on board with an 8 win season standard.

If a guy isn't getting it done, then you have to step up to the plate and try again. I mean isn't that what we all teach as a society?

I get that they are giving him extra time because he had some success playing here for 1 year, a year in which he was lucky on several occasions, but there have been many other players here that have contributed way more to the program over the years than what Scott did as a lucky guy during his senior year, turning things around from a bad junior performance.

That is as far as his legacy goes in my opinion. Too many people want the feel good story and let their confirmation bias enter their own thinking on his importance to the program, when to me, it's the other way around.

The program is more important, or it used to be, than just one guy. So he needs to start making things right in a very real way, or they need to send him packing and try their luck with someone else.

Yeah, I'm not buying that narrative at all re: 'have to stop firing coaches'.. to me, that just says 'we give up'.

Now, if you want to argue that we shouldn't have the expectations of a 9 win season every year, then I do think that could be looked at. We aren't in the Big 8 anymore or the Big 12 North. I would only argue that the B1G West is only marginally tougher than what we once played, but maybe I get on board with an 8 win season standard.

If a guy isn't getting it done, then you have to step up to the plate and try again. I mean isn't that what we all teach as a society?

I get that they are giving him extra time because he had some success playing here for 1 year, a year in which he was lucky on several occasions, but there have been many other players here that have contributed way more to the program over the years than what Scott did as a lucky guy during his senior year, turning things around from a bad junior performance.

That is as far as his legacy goes in my opinion. Too many people want the feel good story and let their confirmation bias enter their own thinking on his importance to the program, when to me, it's the other way around.

The program is more important, or it used to be, than just one guy. So he needs to start making things right in a very real way, or they need to send him packing and try their luck with someone else.

I agree with a lot of what you said, but for me I just think it takes longer than 2-3 years to build something, but by year 5 you probably should know. There are just some coaches that knock it out of the park after 2 years and you can get lucky, but I would prefer to let someone try to build something. If your team is firing coaches, there is probably problems at all levels of that program including talent, the AD and all kinds of things. I don't think it is fair for us to think that after 2 years we need to be back to 9 wins a year after the coach who just got canned probably won 3 to 4.

With that said, we should have some expectations and I agree Frost should get some heat. He has made some big time blunders for sure, but I have seen some progress in areas that we haven't had for awhile. At the day winning games is what matters and Frost isn't anywhere close and I do think this year there needs to be major heat on the guy.

Reactions: NikkiSixx

No doubt you love the helicopter routine. Push you own sh*t in.

I heard a podcast today discussing the first week of visits & a portion made me think of this thread.
The grad transfer All American OL from Marshall visited FSU the first day and of course Mike Norvell & the staff went all out. Picks came in for him to commit to FSU. He left without a commitment. Two days later he visited ND, within a couple hours he was committed.
He told a ND site he “didn’t want to ride in Norvell’s stupid car” and was way more impressed with ND’s message because they sat down with him & watched film & coaches him up & told him how they would use him in their scheme.
The reporter said he talked with about two dozen recruits & most didn’t care about the glitz and glamour, they were more impressed by the one on one’s with the coaching staffs & the relationships at the established programs.
FSU will get the top 50 skill player every now & then with a cool car ride, but their problems are in the trenches & those dudes don’t care about that garbage.

Your take on firing coaches is excellent. People want a Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Bob Stoops, Bob Devaney type of coach who comes in and boom you're great, but the majority of programs aren't going to be built that way....Nebraska is just fortunate enough to have hired that guy in the past and made the right hire with his successor, but that's obviously the exception not the rule.

The reality is that if people really want to see Nebraska fade entirely away they just need to keep asking them to fire the head coach every 4-5 years and watch the program start over with an entirely new offensive scheme and roster strategy on a continual loop while hoping to eventually catch lightning in a bottle...and then praying that lightning doesn't leave for an easier gig every year.

Your take on firing coaches is excellent. People want a Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Bob Stoops, Bob Devaney type of coach who comes in and boom you're great, but the majority of programs aren't going to be built that way....Nebraska is just fortunate enough to have hired that guy in the past and made the right hire with his successor, but that's obviously the exception not the rule.

The reality is that if people really want to see Nebraska fade entirely away they just need to keep asking them to fire the head coach every 4-5 years and watch the program start over with an entirely new offensive scheme and roster strategy on a continual loop while hoping to eventually catch lightning in a bottle...and then praying that lightning doesn't leave for an easier gig every year.
Interesting take, I think firing coaches that are winning or firing coaches that are progressing is a dangerous game. What you see at Nebraska is a result of that.

The problem is that if the coach isn't progressing, what good does it do to keep them? Hope? If you are going to win 5 games per year, what difference does it make who is coaching? Why not try something or someone new.

You bring up a handful of coaches above that are "boom you're great" but there are probably the same number of coaches that have 3 or 4 losing seasons to start their tenure that go on to do anything special.

Just thoughts, I do think Frost deserves this year to see if he can turn the corner.

Reactions: leodisflowers

Just like how Red Bull keeps pushing yours in.

I was having a shit.

ADVERTISEMENT