ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Free to a Good Home

Cedric

Redshirt Freshman
Jun 20, 2001
Or perhaps, following along with the theme this week, I should call it my realignment thread. I have recently retired (where's Mike Riley when you need a good hip-hip-hooray?). We have moved to a smaller home and are downsizing in every way possible. Among my treasures are 4 or 5 medium-sized boxes of Husker stuff from the late 60's into the early 00s. It's mostly programs, a lot of Huskers Illustrated magazines, some photos and newspaper clippings. The time has simply come to purge it. I am going to keep a couple of things (I have mint condition program from the 1971 OU game) but most of it just has to go. It is almost all in real good condition and cataloged year-by-year. I live in eastern Nebraska and will gladly figure out a way to get it to anyone in that vicinity who would care to have it. In total it's all quite heavy, so it would be a problem to ship it somewhere, but I do some traveling and could figure out a way to get it to someone who might want it and lives farther away.

I also have a lot of games recorded from the late 70s to about 2006, and they are available too. However, almost all are on VHS tapes, so they might not be something anyone would want. I simply have to get rid of some of this stuff, and if there's a fan out there who would like it, it's all yours.

Finally, with the 50th anniversary of the Game of the Century upon us, does anyone have any ideas where I can get stuff from that vintage appraised? Besides the aforementioned program, I have a commemorative football signed by many members of that team. No Tagge or Brownson, but Rodgers, Kinney, Monte Johnson and some "lesser" players signed it a long time ago.

If anyone has an interest, please let me know. Thank you

Hang on to it and give it to an organization that could make it part of an auction or fundraiser.

ADVERTISEMENT