ADVERTISEMENT

OT: For the bike haters

As they say, "if you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk."

Thats funny right there...and even I, who was hit once while riding on a sidealk, can lol at that. Broke my helmet in 3 places and the strange thing is I happen to be wearing one that ride. Not something I did at that point in my life...in fact it had been years, 4? 5? But for some reason I looked at it hanging on the pegboard and tbought...WTF, I'll wear a biff bucket today. Lucky me.

Thats funny right there...and even I, who was hit once while riding on a sidealk, can lol at that. Broke my helmet in 3 places and the strange thing is I happen to be wearing one that ride. Not something I did at that point in my life...in fact it had been years, 4? 5? But for some reason I looked at it hanging on the pegboard and tbought...WTF, I'll wear a biff bucket today. Lucky me.
I’m at the Walmart on 168th and Maple a few years back looking for something in the sporting goods section. This guy was arguing with his girlfriend about whether or not he should wear a helmet. I was close by and so he asked me what I thought, assuming I would agree with him. I said in my younger days, I didn’t bother, but now I wear it all the time. I’ve known a couple people who were run off the road by cars and it was pretty bad.

The guy was kind of a tool in every aspect, but his girlfriend was smoking hot and had a nice personality. I wanted to ask the next question which was, what are you doing with this guy?😅

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Not necessarily biking, but it is just funny how times have changed. I grew up in Colorado skiing and never wore a helmet. I get after it pretty good skiing and had a number of close calls with head injuries. During college I started wearing a helmet just because started to have some beers while skiing with friends and from that day I have wore a helmet since. I know back in the day it wasn't really a thing, but it's crazy to think about not wearing a helmet skiing.

Reactions: Lars72
Not necessarily biking, but it is just funny how times have changed. I grew up in Colorado skiing and never wore a helmet. I get after it pretty good skiing and had a number of close calls with head injuries. During college I started wearing a helmet just because started to have some beers while skiing with friends and from that day I have wore a helmet since. I know back in the day it wasn't really a thing, but it's crazy to think about not wearing a helmet skiing.
I was the same way riding three wheelers, quads, & dirt bikes. Growing up, we always rode without a helmet, never even thought twice about putting one on. Having a close call while in college changed my mind. Even with the helmet law change, I still wear one. I’m not willing to go without it with all of the distracted gobshites in cars looking at their phones.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT