ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Facebook Question

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
This morning I was informed by Facebook that my account was disabled because someone complained about a content violation. No warning, no specifics of any kind about who complained or even what specific content was involved. I filed an appeal but just got a boilerplate response back repeating the same very reason with no specifics and no reinstatement. Totally frustrating and useless response. Anyone here ever have a similar experience or any success ever in getting an account reinstated? Any advice on what to do?

I suppose I could set up another account but that would be very painful because I would lose all my friends and relatives that I had acquired over several years and have to start all over.

The thing is I don't even post or repost any of those horrible political memes that come across my newsfeed all the time. And there is nothing I ever posted that I'm so attached to - I'd gladly delete anything if they told me what to delete something.

Seems like any random user on Facebook can just lodge a complaint to get someone kicked off of Facebook without that kicked off person having any recourse.

Facebook? More like DinosaurBook...amright?

Did you fire up Netscape, NetZero or AOL to get to your page?

I kid...I have no clue. I don't use facebook...Just twitter, Snapchat and MySpace

Basically I posted about the weather, congratulated some friends/relatives on birthdays/anniversaries and shared a few scenic photos that had come across my newsfeed (I didn't originate any of those photos but I guess its possible that a photo or two could have been copywrited - that's all I can figure out). I didn't post or repost any inflammatory things about politics, race, sex, religion, etc.

I liked using Facebook because it was a way I could stay in touch with friends and relatives spread across the country.

Basically I posted about the weather, congratulated some friends/relatives on birthdays/anniversaries and shared a few scenic photos that had come across my newsfeed (I didn't originate any of those photos but I guess its possible that a photo or two could have been copywrited - that's all I can figure out). I didn't post or repost any inflammatory things about politics, race, sex, religion, etc.

I liked using Facebook because it was a way I could stay in touch with friends and relatives spread across the country.

It's probably the red hat. Causes lots of triggering these days.

My guess would be one of the pictures being copyrighted or maybe you got hacked and someone was using your account before it was disabled. In any event, I'd just contact Facebook through every route you still have available when you sign in until you get someone to actually help you.

Yep. I still have a Facebook account but don't/try not to use it. Too many people I know have had their accounts hacked.. I don't need that headache

Uep i havent had fb for over 2 years now... i dont miss a thing about it.. not 1 thing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT