ADVERTISEMENT

OT: ESPN's Website Re-Design is

TwinsRRUs

Recruiting Coordinator
Oct 1, 2011
SW NE
HORRIBLE!!

I thought it was an April Fool's Day thing like Pac-Man on Google Maps, but it is still the same and I can't even go to the website hardly anymore.

Is it really as bad as I think or am I just too used to the old one? Sounds like it is supposed to be better for phones and tablets though.

It's a giant turd.

They changed it and their mobile the same day, it's like ESPN(FACEBOOK)

It is and I hate it. Seriously, this is the best they could do? The old one was perfectly fine.

SI's redesign was bad, but ESPN's is just as bad or worse. Complete fail.

You better get used to that design EPSN (and a few others) have gone to. It's similar to the "Material" design stand by Google of responsive grids, boxes, 3d space, animations, and shadows, which uses boxed image sizes to portray importance. The bigger the gallery image, the more important the story. Google has gone this way for all their apps and will soon be pushing this design practice.

Since mobile traffic has overtaken desktop traffic, if not pretty close to, sites are moving to focus first on mobile experience.

The word is suck ass. I wrote espn.com and told them so. I agree the idea was to become more user friendly for touch devices. However, I'm on the road in San Antonio on business and using my tablet and phone and it's downright painful to use their site. They need the option to lock the score scroll at the top so that it doesn't take up all the screen's real estate.

Originally posted by litespeedhuskerfan:

Sucks ass and now I don't visit ESPN much anymore.
Same here. It's so bad that I stay away from it now.

Glad to see it is not just me that can't stand it on the PC.

I do not mind it on my phone at all, but what is wrong with a phone or tablet automatically opening up a separate ESPN website like they had before? Many websites do this. Why leak it over to the PC?

I wish they would have kept the PC one separate from the mobile and then they can screw with the mobile ones all they want and put more ads on those ones!

Csabatka1, that is bad news for those of us that do not like change! :)

Sure wish they would bring Pac-Man back to Google Maps though! Glad I played it a ton at work while it was up!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT