ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Electric cars in a hurricane/flood situation

LOL. Good luck
Speaking of this, Ford has a extended range electric vehicle SuperDuty Truck under development. It has a coyote 5.0 liter v8 gas engine powering a huge generator, that powers the electric motors. Will be expensive at least as much maybe more than a Supeduty with the HO Diesel.

Flip side stationary that baby puts out a hell of alot of juice.

Kind of like a locomotive.

What is inferior about an electric car vs a dino juice car in those situations? Both are going to hate flooding. If the area doesn't have electricity, you aren't charging or pumping gas.

If you make the argument that you can have cans of gas sitting around, well fair enough. Probably a completely valid point if you are prepared.

Are EV's going to perform worse in flooding? I actually don't know the answer. I'd be interested in facts.

What I don't understand is all the negativity vs EV's.

What is inferior about an electric car vs a dino juice car in those situations? Both are going to hate flooding. If the area doesn't have electricity, you aren't charging or pumping gas.

If you make the argument that you can have cans of gas sitting around, well fair enough. Probably a completely valid point if you are prepared.

Are EV's going to perform worse in flooding? I actually don't know the answer. I'd be interested in facts.

Pretty simple really. People do not want to be forced to change what they are accustomed to. It's not that EV car/trucks are terrible. People just can't comprehend how that isn't government control if they are completely trying to take away the gas option. It is a freedom thing IMO

Your odds of getting stranded in an EV in an emergency situation are much greater than with a gas powered vehicle. Just about every location has a gas station or somebody with a can of gas.

A group of out of state pheasant hunters rented an EV truck and drove out to central South Dakota….the truck went back to Sioux Falls on a flatbed. Do you think there’s charging stations in rural Georgia or Florida? When my son evacuated from Houston he had to take backroads through rural areas. Every little town had a gas station.

Reactions: king_kong_
Pretty simple really. People do not want to be forced to change what they are accustomed to. It's not that EV car/trucks are terrible. People just can't comprehend how that isn't government control if they are completely trying to take away the gas option. It is a freedom thing IMO
Pretty easy for Big Brother to turn the electricity off.

I couod blow that argument into a million pieces...but instead imma just going to say if EV's work for you great. I've less than zero interest in them amd wouldn't take one for free if I had to actually drive the gawd damn thing.

Reactions: HBK4life
I couod blow that argument into a million pieces...but instead imma just going to say if EV's work for you great. I've less than zero interest in them amd wouldn't take one for free if I had to actually drive the gawd damn thing.
Oh I would take one. They look fun to drive and might make some sense in urban areas but the idea that they’re sparing us from climate change is ridiculous. The battery production alone causes horrible toxic pollution.

Electric cars are basically a scam. With the amount of electricity demand already skyrocketing due to the enormous requirements of AI.. heck Microsoft is restarting up 3 mile island.. you can be sure that other tech firms will invest in nuclear power stations as well. The price of electricity could far surpass gasoline.. however a gasoline engine configured as a generator operating a peak efficiency 100% of the time to make electricity sounds like the best way to do the electric car.

Oh I would take one. They look fun to drive and might make some sense in urban areas but the idea that they’re sparing us from climate change is ridiculous. The battery production alone causes horrible toxic pollution.
I have one and it's a blast. But I also have a diesel ride and two others that are not EVs.

Even if all of CA is driving EVs, it wont change what China and India are doing to the environment.

The time spent refueling each is huge in this scenario.

The battery packs are generally sealed. So that theoretically shouldnt be an issue.

If you live in an area where you need to drive though this a bronco or jeep is probably your best bet but only up to about 3 ft of water.

Is he still in Shawshank fighting off the sisters? I tagged both you guys when I was in timeout last week trying to shorten my sentence. Winking
I missed this

looking forward to tampa's return

as for this topic, @dinglefritz is right the lack of availability/infrastructure is extremely limiting in a scenario like this

hopefully landfall is less severe than is being forecast

Reactions: dinglefritz
Have a bunch of Cleetus's in this thread which showcases the sheer brilliant stupidity of bum**** Nebraskans.

JC like a gas car performs so much better in flooding.. :rolleyes: So much idiocy in this thread.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT