ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Don't Know IF This Covid Vaccine Article Is Accurate but IF TRUE Should Outrage People

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
The linked article from NBC claims a lot of Covid Vaccine doses are being wasted and thrown away. IF TRUE that would help explain the difference between the number of doses distributed to states (about 36 million) and the number of people who actually have been vaccinated (about 17 million). I really hope it's only a minor amount BUT hospitals don't want to share the actual data for obvious reasons so no one knows the magnitude of the problem.

NBC ARTICLE LINK

Last edited:
I heard a significant amount of healthcare staff -- including doctors -- are refusing to take the vaccine. Probably a good choice given the fact that vaccine manufacturers were released from liability of side effects. Making the general populace guinea pigs for their research experiments tsk tsk.

I heard a significant amount of healthcare staff -- including doctors -- are refusing to take the vaccine. Probably a good choice given the fact that vaccine manufacturers were released from liability of side effects. Making the general populace guinea pigs for their research experiments tsk tsk.

That's true for sure that about 30% to 40% of healthcare workers are refusing the vaccine. Anecdotally, my own doctor confided to me that half of her staff refused without giving any reason. She was completely befuddled by that. But that's fine, that's their choice. No one should be forced.

What's criminal though IMO is if they're holding on to that unused vaccine or wasting it and not giving it to other people who want. No vaccine doses should be wasted and they should have lists of standby people who want to get the vaccine on a moments notice. Anybody who refuses the vaccine should no longer be on the priority list with any vaccine reserved for them. You hesitate and you lose out immediately to someone who wants it.

These are experimental vaccines and those taking them are basically acting as the animal trials that were skipped. I believe that those who take the vaccine have to sign something saying they agree to be tracked for two years or something to measure side effects, etc. Don't quote me on that but pretty sure I heard that in an interview.

If you are under 65 and healthy, I think you're nuts to take the vaccine. If you're over 65 and healthy, I think your only slightly less nuts. If you're over 65 and unhealthy I think it makes more sense.

Last edited:
The linked article from NBC claims a lot of Covid Vaccine doses are being wasted and thrown away. IF TRUE that would help explain the difference between the number of doses distributed to states (about 36 million) and the number of people who actually have been vaccinated (about 17 million). I really hope it's only a minor amount BUT hospitals don't want to share the actual data for obvious reasons so no one knows the magnitude of the problem.

NBC ARTICLE LINK

Government Employees are stupid.

NBC ARTICLE LINK

I think it’s true. My wife and I were offered an opportunity to get the vaccine because we are volunteers at the hospital. I’m 40 and in good health with no underlying conditions and had Covid in October. My wife is 39, in good health with no underlying conditions and had COVID right after me. Her symptoms were worse than mine, but both of us relatively mild. We both found ourselves in a moral dilemma. We’ve had COVID, are in good health, we’re not frontline workers, certainly there are others in greater need of this vaccine than us. That was our line of thinking. But after talking to friends and family who are doctors and nurses we found out that these vaccines have a roughly 6 hours shelf life. Once they come out of the freezer you have 6 hours to get them in someone’s arm or it’s wasted. We were told, if we get a green light, and if we are willing, then take the shot because the more people that reject their opportunity the more that goes to waste. Additionally every vaccine is one more person closer to heard immunity and one more person closer to kicking the pandemic in the crotch. I’ve read that roughly 25%-30% of hospital workers locally are rejecting the vaccine. I think that’s leading to a fair amount of waste. So, bottom line, if you can get it, and want the vaccine, then go for it as soon as possible.

Reactions: Wasker77
These are experimental vaccines and those taking them are basically acting as the animal trials that were skipped. I believe that those who take the vaccine have to sign something saying they agree to be tracked for two years or something to measure side effects, etc. Don't quote me on that but pretty sure I heard that in an interview.

If you are under 65 and healthy, I think your nuts to take the vaccine. If you're over 65 and healthy, I think your only slightly less nuts. If you're over 65 and unhealthy I think it makes more sense.
Not true in my personal experience. I didn't sign anything more than when I get the annual flu shot. I answered a standard question form in advance online about the typical stuff they ask like allergies, etc.

They didn't skimp on the testing. They had 3 phases all meeting the rigorous CDC requirements. The reason development went so fast was because the mRNA technology allowed them to design a vaccine very quickly and it turned out in the trials that it was very effective so they didn't have to go back to the drawing board several times. It also helped that the Covid disease was so widespread and contagious that they were able to have enough people infected quickly in the placebo group vs the vaccine group.

NBC ARTICLE LINK
Why would I care about NBC now?

Not true in my personal experience. I didn't sign anything more than when I get the annual flu shot. I answered a standard question form in advance online about the typical stuff they ask like allergies, etc.

They didn't skimp on the testing. They had 3 phases all meeting the rigorous CDC requirements. The reason development went so fast was because the mRNA technology allowed them to design a vaccine very quickly and it turned out in the trials that it was very effective so they didn't have to go back to the drawing board several times. It also helped that the Covid disease was so widespread and contagious that they were able to have enough people infected quickly in the placebo group vs the vaccine group.

You can tell yourself that but it typically takes 7-10 years to develop a vaccine. To contend that they didn't "skimp on testing" is ridiculous on its face. Plus, mRNA vaccines have never been used by humans before and one of the developers has never developed any vaccine before. There's a reason so many health professionals are opting out.

If you want to take it more power to you, but I stand by my statement that if you are otherwise healthy I think you're nuts.

Last edited:
You can tell yourself that but it typically takes 7-10 years to develop a vaccine. To contend that they didn't "skimp on testing" is ridiculous on its face. There's a reason so many health professionals are opting out.

If you want to take it more power to you, but I stand by my statement that if you are otherwise healthy I think you're nuts.
Each to his own. No problem. But I personally was thrilled to get the vaccine.

Reactions: Wasker77
FWIW - If I was worried about never risking death, then I'd never get in a car or truck. The odds of dying in an accident are higher than most people realize.

Nothing at all is risk free in life but in my personal assessment/analysis the odds of dying from Covid are greater than the odds of being injured by the vaccine.

How many and what percent of people have died from Covid vs. the comparable numbers for the vaccine? And yes I get that Covid affects older people much more severely but there are more than a handful of young people that have died as well. Lately the average age for Covid has been trending downward.

Vaccines are being wasted in States that can't decide the most woke methods to distribute.
Theyre paralyzed by their own wokery. Meanwhile, in Florida, the government gave the vaccines to the hospitals and said vaccinate as many as possible, here you go. And they did, and of course the woke were still upset because they've got an opinion on everything.

Vaccines are being wasted in States that can't decide the most woke methods to distribute.
Theyre paralyzed by their own wokery. Meanwhile, in Florida, the government gave the vaccines to the hospitals and said vaccinate as many as possible, here you go. And they did, and of course the woke were still upset because they've got an opinion on everything.
I agree. What I find really shameful is that some front line people cite bureaucracy and guidelines as their excuse for wasting vaccine. Give me a break. Guidelines should never replace common sense. In my view no vaccine should be held back as a reserve if/when the priority group people refuse to take it. You get one chance to take it immediately or it goes right away to a person who is willing to take it (regardless of priority group). No coddling of people in a pandemic.

Reactions: gw2kpro

If you are under 65 and healthy, I think you're nuts to take the vaccine. If you're over 65 and healthy, I think your only slightly less nuts. If you're over 65 and unhealthy I think it makes more sense.

Here is a rather lengthy but interesting video. It explains a lot and they claim to have all the data to back up their claims on their web site. Before anyone jumps in and calls them something, do so after reviewing their data and background information you can refute.

I have had two lung diseases, neither currently active, I am almost 67 but in great physical shape. My doctor in Denver told me to not be at the front of the line for either vaccine. Reason, it has only be trialed on completely healthy people. The doctors simply do not know how anyone will react to the vaccines since they have not been tested on other groups.

If I were a young female I would NOT take the vaccine at all. I have seen many comments about possible problems and the speaker in the video addresses the concern.

The key to the vaccine is that it is EXPERIMENTAL and we really do not know all of the potential long/short term affects.

I have spoken with people in several different states and areas where the communication for the vaccine has been horrible. One person gets data, gives it to another agency who contacts some other agency and another agency sits and waits to hear back. The bureaucracy of this is amazing. However, I do believe the states should know best on how to deploy the vaccine in their states.

I have read multiple places that the vaccine does NOT prevent the virus. It only makes it less severe if you contract it. The video addresses that as well.

If the data from the WHO is correct and that over 90% of all deaths world wide occurred in nursing homes, that tells us something. (received this from a medical friend who has a colleague who works around the globe and with the WHO)

Finally, my biggest concern is the U.S. has no treatment plan as compared to other countries. I have been reading about this for months. The video outlines this as well. People want to call them whack o's or distributors of misinformation but it sounds like they have the facts and information on their side. A friend sent me a message from a person who found a study done in 2005 with Fauci's name on it linking HCQ to the beneficial treatment of covid viruses at that time. Covid viruses have been around a long time. Yet somehow here we are 15 years later and Hydroxychrloroquin is not affective. In other words, he completely changed his story but no one will hold his feet to the fire. In short, we have been lied to during this entire pandemic. Cuomo puts sick people in nursing homes and kills more, we keep kids out of school who are not the super spreaders everyone feared, and one could go on and on. Is it a real virus? Yes and those of us who are most at risk need to take precautions, the rest of you can get on with with your normal lives immediately.

Reactions: Antwill and c3o
Here is a rather lengthy but interesting video. It explains a lot and they claim to have all the data to back up their claims on their web site. Before anyone jumps in and calls them something, do so after reviewing their data and background information you can refute.

I have had two lung diseases, neither currently active, I am almost 67 but in great physical shape. My doctor in Denver told me to not be at the front of the line for either vaccine. Reason, it has only be trialed on completely healthy people. The doctors simply do not know how anyone will react to the vaccines since they have not been tested on other groups.

If I were a young female I would NOT take the vaccine at all. I have seen many comments about possible problems and the speaker in the video addresses the concern.

The key to the vaccine is that it is EXPERIMENTAL and we really do not know all of the potential long/short term affects.

I have spoken with people in several different states and areas where the communication for the vaccine has been horrible. One person gets data, gives it to another agency who contacts some other agency and another agency sits and waits to hear back. The bureaucracy of this is amazing. However, I do believe the states should know best on how to deploy the vaccine in their states.

I have read multiple places that the vaccine does NOT prevent the virus. It only makes it less severe if you contract it. The video addresses that as well.

If the data from the WHO is correct and that over 90% of all deaths world wide occurred in nursing homes, that tells us something. (received this from a medical friend who has a colleague who works around the globe and with the WHO)

Finally, my biggest concern is the U.S. has no treatment plan as compared to other countries. I have been reading about this for months. The video outlines this as well. People want to call them whack o's or distributors of misinformation but it sounds like they have the facts and information on their side. A friend sent me a message from a person who found a study done in 2005 with Fauci's name on it linking HCQ to the beneficial treatment of covid viruses at that time. Covid viruses have been around a long time. Yet somehow here we are 15 years later and Hydroxychrloroquin is not affective. In other words, he completely changed his story but no one will hold his feet to the fire. In short, we have been lied to during this entire pandemic. Cuomo puts sick people in nursing homes and kills more, we keep kids out of school who are not the super spreaders everyone feared, and one could go on and on. Is it a real virus? Yes and those of us who are most at risk need to take precautions, the rest of you can get on with with your normal lives immediately.

I would do some research on the doctor in that video before you accept anything she says as fact. While I wouldn’t outright dismiss her view, it certainly is not in line with consensus opinion. She was fired from her job and it not practicing professionally right now. She also championed an unproven treatment for Covid which later showed no benefit and actually probably made things worse, so it’s kind of strange for her to be against the vaccines but in favor of other drugs that are demonstrably more harmful than the vaccine at this point.

I also want to clear a couple other things up.

I live in Iowa. We have a neat little dashboard that is very detailed on the deaths and hospitalized.

https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/

90% of the deaths are not from nursing homes. It’s actually right at about 40%.

I am in the 30-40 year age group so I pay close attention to that. There have been about forty deaths in my group in Iowa. What I find more concerning is that there are about 150 people diagnosed with Covid in my age group every day but on average about five people in that age group are admitted to the hospital. So if I catch the disease it’s likely to be mild, but there is potentially a 3-4% chance I get sick enough that I need to be hospitalized. Worse, those with severe disease have a higher likelihood of long term consequences from the disease. I might develop COPD in middle age or suffer some permanent neurologic or cardiac impairment that limits my quality of life in some way.

I accept that the vaccines don’t guarantee any safety, but playing those averages it was a pretty easy decision for me.

You said the vaccine doesn’t prevent infection, it only makes the disease burden less severe. You are correct. This is how all vaccines are designed to work.

Quoting someone from 2005 for an opinion and trying to apply it to a virus that came into existence in 2019 is a ridiculous stretch. I think that needs to be said.

I would also be remiss if I didn’t point out that the word you are trying to use is “effective” and not “affective”.

that “doctor” isn’t practicing, has never cared for a COVID patient and was just arrested and is facing federal charges

Last edited:

This

Reactions: gw2kpro
That's true for sure that about 30% to 40% of healthcare workers are refusing the vaccine. Anecdotally, my own doctor confided to me that half of her staff refused without giving any reason. She was completely befuddled by that. But that's fine, that's their choice. No one should be forced.

What's criminal though IMO is if they're holding on to that unused vaccine or wasting it and not giving it to other people who want. No vaccine doses should be wasted and they should have lists of standby people who want to get the vaccine on a moments notice. Anybody who refuses the vaccine should no longer be on the priority list with any vaccine reserved for them. You hesitate and you lose out immediately to someone who wants it.
Every intelligent healthcare professional I know is getting the vaccine ASAP IF they haven't already had the live infection with COVID. There is ONE urologist that I know of who is advising people to not get the vaccine and he's the same guy who writes cuckoo letters to the editor of an area newspaper almost weekly. There's a whole bunch of stupid out there especially in the nursing and nurse practitioner fields. You have a 5000X greater risk of becoming seriously ill or dying from COVID as you have risk of becoming seriously ill or dying from vaccination. It's extremely foolish for a healthcare worker in particular to refuse to get vaccinated.

My spouse got her second dose of Moderna's. No problems and I can't wait to get mine.

Yep.

Headline on an article I read a couple weeks ago was that some connected wealthy lady jumped the line and received a COVID vaccine before her time.

Outrage! Outrage!

Actually reading the article, the hospital had too many vaccines thawed out and they had a large amount that were a few hours away from being discarded. They told their employees to call their friends and family to come in and get stuck. Which they did. She was one of many that made it in time.

Man, did I feel silly for getting so outraged about her privilege.

Remember the bird flu? They produced a vaccine in less than a year from the outbreak. My wife and kids were lined up at our local school gym about a year after the outbreak started for our vaccine. I don't recall any serious issues by anyone - no sterilization or deformed babies, no one grew a 6th toe, and the bird flue disappeared rather quickly once most people were vaccinated. That was also a rushed vaccine without study on animals or long-term studies on people. have you heard of any health issues being traced back to that vaccine?

There is nothing in the Covid vaccine that isn't either already in your body or in other vaccines/shots (other than of course the pieces of the dead Covid virus). I got my first shot earlier this week. Other than a little soreness for a day, no side effects. My parents in their 80s got their vaccines 2 weeks ago. No side effects at all. Only thing I'd say is if someone is pregnant or planning on getting pregnant in the near term, hold off. Otherwise, don't get caught up in all the conspiracy theory and hysteria. Get the damn vaccine (unless you are actually allergic to something in the shot).

When they say, "the virus doesn't prevent you from getting the virus" that is true of ANY vaccine. Yes you can get the virus but the immunity conferred from the vaccine prevents you from becoming seriously ill. This vaccine is VERY effective and much more effective it appears than the annual flu shot. Even IF for instance you're in the group of 6 out of 100 people who get vaccinated who develop symptoms after getting exposed to COVID, your illness is almost certainly going to be very mild. What they are seeing now with millions of people vaccinated is that in FACT, the vaccines are more effective than their trials indicated. NO vaccine builds an artificial force field around your body preventing a pathogen from landing on your mucous membranes.

FWIW - If I was worried about never risking death, then I'd never get in a car or truck. The odds of dying in an accident are higher than most people realize.

Nothing at all is risk free in life but in my personal assessment/analysis the odds of dying from Covid are greater than the odds of being injured by the vaccine.

How many and what percent of people have died from Covid vs. the comparable numbers for the vaccine? And yes I get that Covid affects older people much more severely but there are more than a handful of young people that have died as well. Lately the average age for Covid has been trending downward.
I could be wrong, but I believe the number of people dying in California has influenced the average age of COVID deaths. There's a fairly high rate of obesity, heart disease and diabetes in fairly young Hispanics and this thing is ripping through those communities in California despite the lockdowns. I'm sure HIV patients and vegans are not doing well with this virus out there either.

Getting infected with COVID is over 5000X riskier than getting vaccinated.

As for waste, that's going to happen. The places administering the vaccines have to take enough out of the freezer to make sure they have enough for what they expect. When some don't show up, then they have left-over. At the end of the day, there are probably going to be some left over. Pharmacies are starting to do a better job of setting up waiting lists of people to call if they have leftover shots after vaccinating a nursing home, for example. But, not all thought of that to begin with. That's how my family got ours this week - signed up on a pharmacy's waiting list and got a call when they got done for the day and had some left over. If you really want one sooner, check out some pharmacies in your area that are administering shots and see if they have a waiting list for that.

😱😱😱
You do realize that other than Dr.s and nurses the only people getting vaccinated in South Dakota are nursing home patients right? The odds are VERY high that you're going to have nursing home patients die a day after vaccination regardless of whether they got vaccinated OR got a placebo.

I get South Dakota radio and TV stations and I've not seen anything about deaths from vaccine in South Dakota. Where did you hear that?

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskerinSFSD
As for waste, that's going to happen. The places administering the vaccines have to take enough out of the freezer to make sure they have enough for what they expect. When some don't show up, then they have left-over. At the end of the day, there are probably going to be some left over. Pharmacies are starting to do a better job of setting up waiting lists of people to call if they have leftover shots after vaccinating a nursing home, for example. But, not all thought of that to begin with. That's how my family got ours this week - signed up on a pharmacy's waiting list and got a call when they got done for the day and had some left over. If you really want one sooner, check out some pharmacies in your area that are administering shots and see if they have a waiting list for that.
The problem with the waste is largely the multi-dose vials. When you package vaccine such that there's say 10 doses in a vial and you only have 93 people show up the day they're supposed to, you're going to have some left over doses. Most of the places I know of in the midwest who have vaccine left over will call family members of healthcare workers to use the leftover doses. I have a sister-in-law in Lincoln who got vaccinated that way. She's older and is on an immunosuppressive drug for an autoimmune disease so that was a good thing.

The only places I've seen having issues with having to throw vaccine out were doing it because of ridiculous state rules on who gets the vaccine....New York...cough cough.

Reactions: baseball31ne
So have you thoroughly reviewed their data and background information? Or does the video just use all the right buzzwords?

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
You can tell yourself that but it typically takes 7-10 years to develop a vaccine. To contend that they didn't "skimp on testing" is ridiculous on its face. Plus, mRNA vaccines have never been used by humans before and one of the developers has never developed any vaccine before. There's a reason so many health professionals are opting out.

They ran every single trial they would normally run for a vaccine. The difference is that they were allowed to run them all at the same time instead of using a ladder approach. The large human based trials were done MUCH earlier in the process than normal and THAT is why they were able to get approval so quickly. Nothing was skipped.

You do realize that other than Dr.s and nurses the only people getting vaccinated in South Dakota are nursing home patients right? The odds are VERY high that you're going to have nursing home patients die a day after vaccination regardless of whether they got vaccinated OR got a placebo.

I get South Dakota radio and TV stations and I've not seen anything about deaths from vaccine in South Dakota. Where did you hear that?
he didn't. he's intent on spreading misinformation and falsehoods.

Even at a 95% effective rate - for every 1 million people fully vaccinated quacks are going to be able to erroneously cite 50,000 examples of why the vaccine doesn’t work

and a bunch of idiots who don’t understand how math works will believe them

Reactions: HuskerinSFSD
No, I have not reviewed all of their data. That is why I included a qualifier.

There are multiple doctors that have data available including a Dr. Zelenko. Has anyone watched the hearings in the senate chaired by Johnson? There were several Drs that testified. Again, judge for yourself.

My brother has taken hyroxychloroquine for well over 20 years for arthritis, no side effects. It is interesting that a local Dr and others have spoken about possible heart damage from HCQ but it is never mentioned, tested for or listed in anything for my brother.

And yes, I am terrible with the usage of the words as affect and effect. I can, however get their, there and they're correct.

Bottom line is, at best, there is conflicting data out there, discredit the person or not.

Here's the deal.

Everyone can decide whether they want to be vaccinated or not. That's fine and the way it should be. HOWEVER, if someone is in a priority group with vaccine being reserved for them, PLEASE give up your spot immediately if you don't want the vaccine. Let those who need/want to be vaccinated move ahead in the waiting line so that no vaccine is wasted or being reserved. Don't sit on the fence, declare your intentions immediately. Don't be selfish.

AND for healthcare professionals administering the vaccine PLEASE DON'T WASTE IT and then make excuses that you had to follow some bureaucratic rule so you can blame it on someone else. Use some common sense. It's a healthcare crisis for many people!

Reactions: EriktheRed
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT