ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Dog Walker

LightningJack

Junior
Gold Member
Mar 19, 2002
Anybody use/have a dog walking service they really like? I'm in Northwest Omaha, got two older medium sized dogz I'd liked to have walked.

I know I know, I have 6 weeks of Physical Therapy ahead of me and I plan on moving in the next month as well. I'm failing at work hard and just don't have the chops for it. I'm afraid they won't get out at all. Only need someone for maybe 4-6 weeks, me thinks.

Thanks GBR

dDpSe0.gif

Anybody use/have a dog walking service they really like? I'm in Northwest Omaha, got two older medium sized dogz I'd liked to have walked.

I know I know, I have 6 weeks of Physical Therapy ahead of me and I plan on moving in the next month as well. I'm failing at work hard and just don't have the chops for it. I'm afraid they won't get out at all. Only need someone for maybe 4-6 weeks, me thinks.

Thanks GBR
Will try to give you a serious answer.

I'd contact your vet and ask if any of the assistants/service personnel offer this service. I've found that quote a few do pet sitting, possibly dog walking, on the side to earn some extra cash. If noone does, then, ask if they can refer you to a dog walker.

I've had luck in the past doing this way when I needed a pet sitter. I'm nowhere near your area, though.

Reactions: LightningJack
Anybody use/have a dog walking service they really like? I'm in Northwest Omaha, got two older medium sized dogz I'd liked to have walked. I know I know, I have 6 weeks of Physical Therapy ahead of me and I plan on moving in the next month as well. I'm failing at work hard and just don't have the chops for it. I'm afraid they won't get out at all. Only need someone for maybe 4-6 weeks, me thinks. Thanks GBR

They might, I want an adult walking my dogs though. I got one that isn't dog friendly and has a couple medical issues.
Dog trainer/behaviorist and you've nailed it here. I have a 105 pounder who has been in some fights and is overprotective and I would not want just anyone walking him.

Let me tell you, I've done training consults for "professional dog walkers" and have used "professional dog walkers" and they're hiring a lot more for ability to walk than they are knowledge of dogs. Don't assume they know any more about dogs than which end to put the leash on.

I would suggest you start by calling people who do real deal canine training work and see if they have anyone they recommend.

Whoever you pick needs to be INSURED. It's all easy peasy until somebody's purse dog runs up to your guy and he ends that little yipper with one good chomp and shake. The neighbor's kid won't be able to pay for that lawsuit.

Dog trainer/behaviorist and you've nailed it here. I have a 105 pounder who has been in some fights and is overprotective and I would not want just anyone walking him.

Let me tell you, I've done training consults for "professional dog walkers" and have used "professional dog walkers" and they're hiring a lot more for ability to walk than they are knowledge of dogs. Don't assume they know any more about dogs than which end to put the leash on.

I would suggest you start by calling people who do real deal canine training work and see if they have anyone they recommend.

Whoever you pick needs to be INSURED. It's all easy peasy until somebody's purse dog runs up to your guy and he ends that little yipper with one good chomp and shake. The neighbor's kid won't be able to pay for that lawsuit.
I've seen and heard first hand just what you described.

https://www.ketv.com/article/tiny-dog-killed-by-larger-animal-at-dog-park/7613426

Still remember the screams actually (kind of haunting) I grabbed the dog along with the owner to get him to drop the Pomeranian in his mouth. It was over with before it started.

My Shepherd mix isn't the friendly type with other dogs, so he's led a sheltered life. I don't want a repeat of that again, I'll look along those lines you described.

Thanks

You wake up the next day and don't recognize your surroundings and your like Oh F0CK!
So true!

When I was in high school my sister and her husband went on vacation and told me I could house/dog sit...so of course I told my friends we would party there, I told them Monday in school...by Wednesday I had people I had never met coming up to me to ask about the party...

Freaked me out...so I cancelled it.

I kind of still regret that.

I was really hoping this thread would be a new Liam Neeson movie trailer.

"Michael Shane is a family man who has a particular set of skills which included walking dogs. That is until his beloved hound is dognapped from his own backyard. The Dog Walker will find these men who stole Rick Flair the hound, and he will deal with them all with extreme prejudice."
190521b-940x940.jpg

"My name is Michael Shane. You took the wrong guys dog."
liam-neeson-stars-taken-3.jpg

So true!

When I was in high school my sister and her husband went on vacation and told me I could house/dog sit...so of course I told my friends we would party there, I told them Monday in school...by Wednesday I had people I had never met coming up to me to ask about the party...

Freaked me out...so I cancelled it.

I kind of still regret that.

What a let down. Boooooo...

I would recommend you to try the Lion Plush No Stuffing Squeaky Toy. It is a dog toy that lets your dog enjoy the wonderful world of tug-of-war without any risk of injury. This patented foam technology is used in construction, particularly for high-speed rail and whatnot. It's safe for all dogs, giant breeds, but can undoubtedly fit in between smaller species if used correctly. The more extended surfaces grip the ground and prevent slipping and climbing, while soft, breathable micro-fiber material rests on top, blending in with your dog's natural interior environment.

• Wow
Reactions: WHCSC
I once had a guy my neighborhood who tied his pitbull to his bumper and drove around. You want that I should get his number for you?

Reactions: SuperBigFan
I once had a guy my neighborhood who tied his pitbull to his bumper and drove around. You want that I should get his number for you?
I heard you live in a poor neighborhood, so I'm gonna pass. Don't want my dogs dragged around by the Hoopdee mobile.

I got standards.

I heard you live in a poor neighborhood, so I'm gonna pass. Don't want my dogs dragged around by the Hoopdee mobile.

I got standards.
No, it was in in NW Omaha, just like you. We were probably neighbors. I got the *** out of there.

Having a dog means taking a lot of responsibility on you. It means you have to make him the correct food product list, and you should walk him at least once a day. I adopted a husky, and I liked that it is a brilliant, thoughtful, and calm breed. I didn't have problems with him at all. If you want peace of mind knowing your dog is protected from harm so you can spend more time enjoying time with them and less time worrying about theft or injury. I recommend having pet insurance for dogs that will protect them from anything.

Last edited:
Having a dog means taking a lot of responsibility on you. It means you have to make him the correct food product list, and you should walk him at least once a day. I adopted a husky, and I liked that it is a brilliant, thoughtful, and calm breed. I didn't have problems with him at all. If you want peace of mind knowing your dog is protected from harm so you can spend more time enjoying time with them and less time worrying about theft or injury. I recommend having pet insurance for dogs that will protect them from anything.
Huskies were born to work. I'll give you a suggestion. Comfortably put a 2 liter bottle of water on his back with 2 velcro straps. It allows this dog to serve a purpose. Working is what this dog was bred to do. Assuming this is a strong, healthy, and not aged Husky.
Done it multiple times with Huskies, German Shepards and dogs that were bred to work. Just a suggestion. Have yet to find one of these type dogs that do not absolutely love the extra load.
Other dogs with unlimited energy, I pop them on the treadmill and just let them go to town. Works great in Nebraska when its raining hard or really cold weather.
There are multiple videos on line on teaching a dog how to learn to use the treadmill. Its a great energy release for them.

Funny how threads pop back up. We did find a company we've been really happy with, they come out every other day and power walk the dogs for a 1/2 hour https://preferredpetpartners.com/ we kinda fill in the other days. Dogs really like her (oh wait they like everybody)

Agree 110% on the Doggo insurance. We've had Trupanion for several years, been very happy with them. I can honestly say I'm getting my money's worth from it. Which is good and bad if you know what I mean.

Agree 110% on the Doggo insurance. We've had Trupanion for several years, been very happy with them. I can honestly say I'm getting my money's worth from it. Which is good and bad if you know what I mean.
Pet insurance gives you the peace of mind, in case there is a major issue to be dealt with. Makes a ton of sense especially in their younger years. As they age, the premiums really escalate, so it becomes a bit of a risk/cost decision about when to end the insurance. Had petplan for the first boxer, switched over to healthypaws for the second boxer.

What’s you Zip? I’m in NW Omaha and am interested.

My bride and I have rescued dogs since the 90’s and walk the two we have now almost every day.

What’s you Zip? I’m in NW Omaha and am interested.

My bride and I have rescued dogs since the 90’s and walk the two we have now almost every day.
Sorry, this is an older post. We've had somebody for a while now.

Thanks though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT