ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Dog diahrea

NebChicago

Senior
Oct 14, 2009
I am a passionate advocate for picking up my dogs shit on walks. And feel others should be too. But this morning when walking my dog in our village my dog dropped trow and let loose a butt faucet of brown shit juice. Making a pool of watery butt porridge. What’s the protocol? I looked both ways and got the hell out of there

I am a passionate advocate for picking up my dogs shit on walks. And feel others should be too. But this morning when walking my dog in our village my dog dropped trow and let loose a butt faucet of brown shit juice. Making a pool of watery butt porridge. What’s the protocol? I looked both ways and got the hell out of there
Just cup your hands under his butt faucet. No bag needed.

Find a German Shepherd. Film 2 dogs. One cup.

I think you just wrote the dog diarrhea in public protocol.

Throw some dirt on it and call it a day.

Reactions: TheBeav815

God Bless you. We need more conscientious folks like you. I don't think you should feel bad about it. You do what you can within reason. I wouldn't worry about it.

Clean it up with a hogeye t-shirt. As a last resort, a Riled up t-shirt works well, too.

If I know my dog is having any issues, I always try and get them on the grass and carry a squirt bottle with me. Like WHCSC said, help spread it out and kick some snow over it. Or a diaper;)

DIY-diapers-for-dogs.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: NikkiSixx
Just smile when you walk by that place in early March and the grass is already a foot tall.

If you’re on a walking trail where pickup compliance is probably not 100%, you could always pick up some that was left behind and call it good. Like fixing ball marks on the green, it will even out in the end.

This sounds like a trick. Like when I was a kid and my dad tried to convince me to let him fart in my mouth so I could blow it in my brothers face.

I'll check it out.
Ok. I Googled "cake farts" and the first thing that came up was directions to Farmhouse Cafe.

Yeah, that's kind of messed up on a variety of levels.

Ok. I Googled "cake farts" and the first thing that came up was directions to Farmhouse Cafe.

Yeah, that's kind of messed up on a variety of levels.
Ok, now this is starting to worry me. I Googled Mangelsens and the first thing that comes up is "Mengele sons". Is something going on in Omaha that we should all know about?

Is this code for how our Huskers have played?

My dog has never dropped anything I couldn't pick up, makes for great hand warmers this time of year. I think the question is, what are you feeding your dog?

BTW, I have a good memory of catching a dude red handed letting his 100 pound sheep dog drop loaf in my yard. I'd been having an issue with multiple heifer-sized loads in my grass and I was ready to kill the MF'er if I caught them. I got in his face and I never saw him without a bag again. There are two kinds of people in the world, decent Americans that pick up their dog's crap and the miserable selfish bastards that don't.

My dog is all splatter guts right now and all you can do is maybe make a little show of getting some in the bag.

If there's sand around that's the trick, you sprinkle it with sand and then you can pick it up.

I'm putting any probiotics I can into him, he had two rounds of antibiotics and he's a disaster.

My dog is all splatter guts right now and all you can do is maybe make a little show of getting some in the bag.

If there's sand around that's the trick, you sprinkle it with sand and then you can pick it up.

I'm putting any probiotics I can into him, he had two rounds of antibiotics and he's a disaster.
Dogs get food allergies pretty commonly and from the dogs I've had with them the only good way for them to diagnose it is with allergen removal trials. Science diet makes some good diets for GI problems but with one dog I had we had to go to a specialty duck and rice diet from a small manufacturer. That's been over 20 years ago so I don't remember who made it. They also can have pancreatitis and pancreatic insufficiency similar to what humans can have. Start with a full chemistry panel and CBC including serum amylase levels. Probiotics aren't likely to help. IF he gets better it isn't because of the probiotics. If you're not getting anywhere with it with your current vet, get a different opinion somewhere else.

This time of year I would be worried about pancreatitis.

Dogs get food allergies pretty commonly and from the dogs I've had with them the only good way for them to diagnose it is with allergen removal trials. Science diet makes some good diets for GI problems but with one dog I had we had to go to a specialty duck and rice diet from a small manufacturer. That's been over 20 years ago so I don't remember who made it. They also can have pancreatitis and pancreatic insufficiency similar to what humans can have. Start with a full chemistry panel and CBC including serum amylase levels. Probiotics aren't likely to help. IF he gets better it isn't because of the probiotics. If you're not getting anywhere with it with your current vet, get a different opinion somewhere else.

This time of year I would be worried about pancreatitis.
Most likely cause is the two rounds of antibiotics he had recently. He had some dental work and also some fatty lipomas removed from around his ears. I think the meds wiped out his gut flora.

He's otherwise happy and active for a 9 year old dog. Vet wanted to keep an eye for Cushing's based on his last blood draw.

Our younger dog was the same way when we first got her, I thought she'd never shit solid but she got better.

My buddy has a Leonberger and swears by this raw diet where he special orders meat with bones and marrow in it. Says it costs him $2.50/meal. He claims his dog has never had diarrhea since. And the turds are very well organized. We do the iams large breed puppy stuff. Friggin diahrea fuel

Most likely cause is the two rounds of antibiotics he had recently. He had some dental work and also some fatty lipomas removed from around his ears. I think the meds wiped out his gut flora.

He's otherwise happy and active for a 9 year old dog. Vet wanted to keep an eye for Cushing's based on his last blood draw.

Our younger dog was the same way when we first got her, I thought she'd never shit solid but she got better.
If you have a 9 year old dog with persistent diarrhea, there is likely something more than antibiotics wiping out their gut flora. It might be it but if things don't straighten out by early next week I would ask for a workup complete with a CBC and chemistries and serum amylase.

...aaaaaaaaand he shit all over the carpet overnight for the second time this week.

You think you've got it bad. I've got a older cat who suddenly started peeing on my 6-day old carpeting. This went on for 3 months. Between the cursing, constant cleaning and never ending vet bills, I was losing my mind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT