ADVERTISEMENT

OT :Distance Learning??

My kids are back to elementary school, which is great. They enjoy it, and their behavior is much better. Although, they didn't really like the fact that with all of the zoom capabilities and remote learning available, they won't have any more snow days this winter.

Reactions: huntered
sure seems like the split between the haves(good students, good parents) and the have nots(poor students, poor parent(s) is going to widen considerably. a colorado radio station was talking about each student being allowed an amount of dollars to go to any school they chose. individual teachers would be allowed to create learning pods and educate to their own abilities and standards with yearly reviews on progress.

anyone? isnt it common knowledge a LOT of the country is doing distance learning? it really wasn't a question but an opportunity to complain again. it does suck but we'll get through it
Genuine question with some genuine answers.. Appreciate it all. Always good to get perspective

My wife is counting the days till they are back to online teaching.. The Rona is starting to fire up again.

Elkhorn, Millard, DC West are 100% full steam ahead. Anyone hear how thats going as far as cases? No news is good news I guess

Elkhorn, Millard, DC West are 100% full steam ahead. Anyone hear how thats going as far as cases? No news is good news I guess

My son says Millard South has had a whopping 3 cases out of 2,500(ish) students....so I'm sure some pansy-ass complainer will want to crater the entire year over it soon.

I know at Elk South a player or 2 tested positive a day or two before their game vs Millard West and they had to self quarantine a bunch of kids. The contact tracing steps these schools have to take is pretty intensive.

Ours is doing 2 days self-paced virtual, 2 days seated and 1 full virtual (Wednesday) with the seated days split by last name 50/50.

Had a teacher friend comment that it was so much easier this way with smaller groups to teach concepts and that she was able to fly through material much faster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT