ADVERTISEMENT

OT Did Joe remember his name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to how the Dems felt in 2016.... that being said I don’t remember a mob assaulting the capitol and killing police.... or the president snowflaking out on the inauguration, but each to his own...
Wasnt stolen in 2016. The left didn't realize how much America hated that dumb beaver Hilary. That's why Trump was elected. Tired of shady politicians.

Let's be honest. The whole "not my president" crap has been around for a very long time. It didn't start with Trump.
Yep, I recall a certain person who became president who claimed Obama wasn't born in the U.S.

everyone who is responding to the inauguration like it's some kind of religious experience are just as weird as the Trump cultists
Yeah, some of the stuff is cool to watch. I’ve only watched Trump’s and Biden’s live. Had the day off for Trump and was curious about how he would handle it and Biden was the background noise since I’m working from home. Some interesting ceremony stuff, but no reason to get too excited.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Yeah, some of the stuff is cool to watch. I’ve only watched Trump’s and Biden’s live. Had the day off for Trump and was curious about how he would handle it and Biden was the background noise since I’m working from home. Some interesting ceremony stuff, but no reason to get too excited.
I've got it on (mute) only bc bloomberg is airing it in its entirety

I don't really care, just like with everything politics. the American dream is to make enough money that you're insulated from it all, regardless of which 'side' (they're both the exact same) is in charge.

I own a small business. I haven’t taken a cent for the past six months to make sure my employees are paid. I don’t understand why people are so scared of increasing minimum wage. IMO it should increase about $5 per hour. Won’t hurt my bottom line even though we aren’t exactly flourishing. I pay my employees well for their time and I’d rather take the hit than for them to have a hardship. It will give people more money to utilize other small businesses and force larger businesses to play on a more equal field with smaller businesses like mine. Only downside is it might increase the cost of your BigMac.

Keep in mind increasing minimum wage is giving more money to workers. People who want to contribute to society. It’s not a government handout.
Pay yourself too for the time you put in. Nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
Yes, we should impeach any president that incites an insurrection or pressures foreign governments to interfere in our domestic election, Biden included.
Not my president was a slogan from people who thought Trumps words, speeches and actions weren't presidential. Regardless of their slogans, he was the president. He won the 2016 election. Only irrational people would suggest otherwise.

I don't know why so many people are more loyal to a person/president instead of legitimate elections and protecting our democracy?
You have it all upside down.

59yjeaqxvbc61.jpg

I've got it on (mute) only bc bloomberg is airing it in its entirety

I don't really care, just like with everything politics. the American dream is to make enough money that you're insulated from it all, regardless of which 'side' (they're both the exact same) is in charge.
I mostly agree. The alarming part, though, is the potential extent to which the pursuit and realization of the American dream will be impacted by policy decisions that will likely be made in the next 4 years. In my observation, the direction we’re heading doesn’t bode well for that vision.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
If you're going to steal someone else's material, at least give credit. But I suppose stealing is the norm on the left, amirite?

Bottom line. This election was stolen. Trump got record number of votes for a Republican. You expect any American with a brain to believe senile Joe got more votes than Obama? More black votes than Obama?? C'mon dummies. Lol. Covid, mail in voting and a few corrupt Dem cities stole this election from the people.

The earth is also flat because have you actually personally seen the “earth” from space and it being round? Not a chance. And no, people actually came out to vote and the election wasn’t stolen, any moron can see that

I mostly agree. The alarming part, though, is the potential extent to which the pursuit and realization of the American dream will be impacted by policy decisions that will likely be made in the next 4 years. In my observation, the direction we’re heading doesn’t bode well for that vision.
plenty of people will get rich in the next 4 years. do what you can to make sure you're one of them.

biden is an old-guard centrist with plenty of deep roots on Wall St, and he's basically dusting off W's cabinet with his appointments outside of the window dressing in inconsequential positions.

I own a small business. I haven’t taken a cent for the past six months to make sure my employees are paid. I don’t understand why people are so scared of increasing minimum wage. IMO it should increase about $5 per hour. Won’t hurt my bottom line even though we aren’t exactly flourishing. I pay my employees well for their time and I’d rather take the hit than for them to have a hardship. It will give people more money to utilize other small businesses and force larger businesses to play on a more equal field with smaller businesses like mine. Only downside is it might increase the cost of your BigMac.

Keep in mind increasing minimum wage is giving more money to workers. People who want to contribute to society. It’s not a government handout.
Increasing the minimum wage actually hurts jobs overall. It removes jobs from the economy because the market is not allowed to solve for those problems with it's own solutions. A free market will settle all wage issues on its own, but mandates like this remove that possibility. It also then creates a nice narrative to either ship jobs overseas, or import slave labor.

The earth is also flat because have you actually personally seen the “earth” from space and it being round? Not a chance. And no, people actually came out to vote and the election wasn’t stolen, any moron can see that

And beyond, the blue side has won the popular vote in 7 of the last 8 elections, so not exactly earth shattering.

Bottom line. This election was stolen. Trump got record number of votes for a Republican. You expect any American with a brain to believe senile Joe got more votes than Obama? More black votes than Obama?? C'mon dummies. Lol. Covid, mail in voting and a few corrupt Dem cities stole this election from the people.

Actually, I owe you an apology and I rescind what I said previously. The election was indeed stolen, and I have verifiable proof from my sources on the moon that I has just been transmitted SECURELY to me via my microwave oven

It was stolen, strategically by the likes of wealthy techno oligarchs like Zuckerberg who dropped over 400 million dollars into the district's he knew would be needed to get those States over the finish line. So while it is illegal AF for an individual to give money to an election commission, it is perfectly fine for a 'charity' to do so. We all know, and we're not forgetting it.

$15 per hour in places like Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, etc will kill small companies. In the East and West coast areas $15 is probably right, but should be decided by the state not "Big Brother" in Washington. What liberals can't figure out is that the minimum wage was never intended to be a living wage. It's a training wage for young people starting out in the workplace.

The left didn't realize how much America hated that dumb beaver Hilary. That's why Trump was elected. Tired of shady politicians.

2020 version: The right didn't realize how much America hated that narcissistic idiot Trump. That's why Biden was elected. Tired of divisive politicians.

And yeah, I voted for the guy in 2016 because I couldn't stand Hilary, in 2020 I couldn't stand Trump.

I already pay the employees I have higher than the current market value at their position. I have never had an employee leave. I could be better off if I paid them less. I’m actually being attacked for being a good employer. Gotta defend those companies who put profits above their people. Can’t make this shit up.
You're up here mouthing off that others should give $5 an hour wage increases to their employees.

More that one person has pointed out that, instead of worrying about what others are doing, why don't you just give all your folks that same raise today? You are in complete control of that, and, according to you, would have virtually zero impact on your bottom line?

Reactions: TheNewNU
A majority of Americans disagree with you.

I'm okay with those results. Most of those businesses who can't pay their employees a decent wage shouldn't be in business in the first place. As for the younger workers, they should be working at internships instead of at McDonald's anyway. Maybe something like half the minimum wage with strict rules on what's considered an internship and also incentives to create more intern positions.

plenty of people will get rich in the next 4 years. do what you can to make sure you're one of them.

biden is an old-guard centrist with plenty of deep roots on Wall St, and he's basically dusting off W's cabinet with his appointments outside of the window dressing in inconsequential positions.
Believe you me, I’m trying.

I wish I could have your optimism regarding the incoming administration and their impact (or lack thereof). Joe is an idiot with few original thoughts in his head. He’ll have plenty of people in his ear trying to fill the empty space within his skull. I don’t know that he has the capacity to determine for himself what is right from wrong. That certainly won’t improve as his mental capabilities continue to decline.

Increasing the minimum wage actually hurts jobs overall. It removes jobs from the economy because the market is not allowed to solve for those problems with it's own solutions. A free market will settle all wage issues on its own, but mandates like this remove that possibility. It also then creates a nice narrative to either ship jobs overseas, or import slave labor.
India has free markets. Most of Africa has free markets. The free market seems to be solving their issues real well... Regulations that improved labor conditions is one of the major reasons our country is as rich as it is today.

$15 per hour in places like Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, etc will kill small companies. In the East and West coast areas $15 is probably right, but should be decided by the state not "Big Brother" in Washington. What liberals can't figure out is that the minimum wage was never intended to be a living wage. It's a training wage for young people starting out in the workplace.
What conservatives can't figure out is there are plenty of people who do live on only the minimum wage and they can still be stuck at or near poverty level even working full time.

Not every small business is the same so we shouldn't treat them as the same.

Just because a business cant pay an employee $15/hr doesn't make them a crappy business. The margins just aren't there & they can be much different than yours.

A small town grocery store cant pay some high school kid $15/hr.

If you haven't taken a cent for the past 6 months then either;
1) you're debt free (which most businesses aren't).
2) your spouse makes enough to where you don't need paid (many don't have that luxury).
3) you have enough saved up for get you through these past months (why weren't you paying your employees more then if you were able to save so much up)?
4) you're going bankrupt (I'm sure this is unlikely).

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
India has free markets. Most of Africa has free markets. The free market seems to be solving their issues real well... Regulations that improved labor conditions is one of the major reasons our country is as rich as it is today.
Africa is run by warlords, and India by a caste system. Regulations are not the reason our country is as rich as it is today. That's the most absurd statement I've heard in a long time. The capitalistic economy is the reason why the US is wealthy. Those other countries don't operate that way either.

[/QUOTE
Biden 81M votes
Obama 69M votes
Was it love for Biden or hatred for Trump - or - something else?
Each year the electorate grows, so the raw totals typically go up.

I think love of country was the primary motivator for me and many others. Biden was a poor candidate in two previous presidential attempts. I wouldn't claim he is magically a great candidate all of a sudden. However, this time period is very different. I told everyone who would listen after the 2016 election that Biden would be the best candidate for the Dems. Progressives hate him. However, recent presidential elections have shown many voters want the opposite of what the previous president was. In 2020 many preferred boring, civility, and competence. We need a caretaker government right now. This is a transitional presidency and America will determine in 2024 which direction we really want to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT