ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Death Penalty for Anthony Garcia

tenor.gif

That was a crazy sentencing. The Judge ended up stopping during the reading and was taken to the hospital. And Garcia was so sedated that he fell asleep during the entire thing. I wish I would have gotten drugs like that for my wedding. #wakemeupwhenthepartystarts.

So 30 or 40 years from now we can finally get rid of this pos? Wonder if he’ll fake his catatonic state the whole time?

Reactions: SWIowahawks
That was a crazy sentencing. The Judge ended up stopping during the reading and was taken to the hospital. And Garcia was so sedated that he fell asleep during the entire thing. I wish I would have gotten drugs like that for my wedding. #wakemeupwhenthepartystarts.
I don't think he was actually sedated... I think he is just pretending to be asleep. He has been doing so ever since he was found guilty.

I’m not a fan of this ‘humane’ crap either. Rope is cheap and it’s reusable.
I am also not a believe in the statistics that say the death penalty doesn't deter people from committing murder...I know for a fact that everyone that has been executed has never murdered again. It works 100% of the time.

Unless you are Horace Pinker from the 80s cult classic movie "Shocker"

I am also not a believe in the statistics that say the death penalty doesn't deter people from committing murder...I know for a fact that everyone that has been executed has never murdered again. It works 100% of the time.

There is no point in caging an animal who will never be released back in to society. Euthanize them...

Too easy... Let the scum starve to death in a pitch black room..
I believe Charles Barkley once said if he was in charge there would be no appeals it would be death day. If there is absolutely no doubt the person is guilty then I agree totally

Barney 44 has a good point about the rope & recycling. Effective & cheap.
I prefer the time tested Chi-com way. Make the guilty dig their grave, a bullet to the head, bill the family for the bullet & the labor cost to refill the unmarked gravesite.

"We'll give ya a fair trial, and a 1st rate hanging." Sheriff Cobb : Silverado.

When the theif was hanging from a cross next to Jesus, he asked the scoffer on the third cross: "do you not even fear God, since you are under the same condemnation? And we indeed are suffering justly, for we are receiving what we deserve for our deeds but this man has done nothing wrong." Now the thief addresses two points...temporal and the eternal...most ppl focus on the temporal.

Jesus never denies the temporal sentencing. Not even His own...

The best part however, is that Jesus responds to the thief asking for a mere good word to God when Jesus goes to heaven, remembrance... And Jesus responds with "Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise."

Justice is being served by the state.

Grace is served by the Lord.

If you are in the position of determining guilt and executing justice, and choose to let the transgressor go and kill the innocent or deny justice, then you are not fit to occupy any seat of arbitration in society.

Last edited:
And just think, 10-25 years or so, some people will gather and protest to spare his life.

I have seat across the table from this guy. He sacred the piss out of me. The sleeping shit is an act.

Some people just have it coming to them. I'm not for doing away with appeals due to the fact that you don't want to kill an innocent person. The problem with the death penalty is for it to be a deterrent it has to be carried out in a timely manner. No one will give a crap about what they do in the present when it takes 20 years to carry about the sentence. I'm sure there are situations where I would be thinking of doing what a lot of you are saying. It looks to me Mr. Garcia is unrepentant and deserves an expedited departure.

Reactions: NUHuskerfan
Some people just have it coming to them. I'm not for doing away with appeals due to the fact that you don't want to kill an innocent person. The problem with the death penalty is for it to be a deterrent it has to be carried out in a timely manner. No one will give a crap about what they do in the present when it takes 20 years to carry about the sentence. I'm sure there are situations where I would be thinking of doing what a lot of you are saying. It looks to me Mr. Garcia is unrepentant and deserves an expedited departure.

Carey Dean Moore was on death row for 38 years before his execution.

He committed two murders at age 23 and was executed a couple of months before his 61st birthday

Did you forget that our governor is kill happy? I am sure this will be expedited. esp with what is doing on with the state auditor, he will want a distraction.
When this execution happens, I will hold a moment of silence for your loss.

I feel like you don't understand statistics. No one who is going to commit murder is going to think for a second, determine life in prison is dope but death sucks and then decide not to commit it. Ignoring facts and statistics is the cool thing to do nowadays though.

I feel like you don't understand statistics. No one who is going to commit murder is going to think for a second, determine life in prison is dope but death sucks and then decide not to commit it. Ignoring facts and statistics is the cool thing to do nowadays though.

You really don't think there has been one person in the history of man that has thought "If I knew I could get away with it, I would kill that SOB...but I don't want to face the consequences if I get caught"

We do it all the time...Do you drive slower in areas where you know there are cops/speed traps? Do you? DO YOU! (I am doing a Sam Kinneson voice now)...of course you do, why? You fear the consequence.

Also...100% of the people that have been executed have never killed a person again and punishment is about THAT person as well...not only other people.

You really don't think there has been one person in the history of man that has thought "If I knew I could get away with it, I would kill that SOB...but I don't want to face the consequences if I get caught"

We do it all the time...Do you drive slower in areas where you know there are cops/speed traps? Do you? DO YOU! (I am doing a Sam Kinneson voice now)...of course you do, why? You fear the consequence.

Also...100% of the people that have been executed have never killed a person again and punishment is about THAT person as well...not only other people.
I’m not saying that at all, I’m saying that no one in history has ever thought “If I only got life in prison I’d murder someone but since I might get executed I won’t do it.” Comparing no punishment to death makes no sense, no one thinks capital crimes should have no punishment. I don’t even have a strong stance either way but the deterrence argument has no statistical support because it makes no sense.

I’m not saying that at all, I’m saying that no one in history has ever thought “If I only got life in prison I’d murder someone but since I might get executed I won’t do it.” Comparing no punishment to death makes no sense, no one thinks capital crimes should have no punishment. I don’t even have a strong stance either way but the deterrence argument has no statistical support because it makes no sense.
Sure someone has thought that...watch some documentaries on people that have killed before and they have said it to the interviewer.

Some even kill again in prison and say "I was already in here for life...there was nothing more they could to do me...so I killed my cellmate"

ADVERTISEMENT