ADVERTISEMENT

OT: David Crosby dead at 81

A drunk, drug addicted felon who preached anti war and anti violence, but the hypocrite received five years for carrying a concealed weapon and three more for being wasted while carrying it. Got off doing only five months due to having written nice songs. A mean blowhard who pretty much turned off everyone he came in contact with and in my opinion bordered on being insane. It is too bad that just because someone put out a few albums and played at Woodstock he gets a pass being a total A-hole for the rest of his life.

Crosby was the CSN weak link. He only wrote a handful of notable songs. His voice was definitely not star quality, and in fact poor. But he was fortunate that it harmonized with the other two.

Reactions: Laner2
Loved me some CSN.... still listen to their songs frequently. Helplessly Hoping prolly my fave from them, but they had so many good ones its ridiculous....I remember a story from a documentary MTV did Behind the music,...it was about the Mammas and the Pappas before they hit it big...and Crosby was driving down the street and saw Jon Phillips on the sidewalk and Crosby stopped and poked his head out of the convertible roof and yelled to him "you made it on the top 10 billboard"!!! (Or sometbing like that) ...and Jon, not knowing what that meant.... looked around for a billboard.

A drunk, drug addicted felon who preached anti war and anti violence, but the hypocrite received five years for carrying a concealed weapon and three more for being wasted while carrying it. Got off doing only five months due to having written nice songs. A mean blowhard who pretty much turned off everyone he came in contact with and in my opinion bordered on being insane. It is too bad that just because someone put out a few albums and played at Woodstock he gets a pass being a total A-hole for the rest of his life.
Everyone should have a right to carry.

Many in this Country idolize star athletes who are strikingly similar to your description of Crosby.

It is a simple truth; fame will get you a pass on all kinds of misbehavior.

I don't think I like much of their music but for some reason I love "Southern Cross." I don't think Crosby had much to do with that one.

The CSN debut album is arguably in the top 20 in the rock era. They played Stir Cove 15 years ago, and sadly age had taken the harmonies away. RIP Croz. Bummer that he and Neil never reconciled, although Neil spoke well of him today.

Was sharing a dorm room with a guy whose girlfriend dumped him. I realize now that he was probably clinically depressed but at the time I just thought he was being a puss. I had to listen to this song played over and over for hours while he drank PBR until he puked. Not fun times.

• Sad
Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
I've been witnessing this vicious cycle for about 4 years with my son. I'm like, "hey, you ever considered just being alone for awhile?" But, I do understand the benefits!

EVERYONE says they're going to take some time to be single and invest in themselves....annnnnd then some chick smiles back and you start thinking. ..."damn she'd look good wearing, me"

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Laner2 and mgbreis
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT