ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Creepy step nephew....

Cornicator

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Feb 27, 2009
Meadville
My wife has a 10 year old step nephew who creeps me out. He's a nice kid, respectful, and is polite. But he is also overly affectionate with everyone. I understand he has grown up in an around a big family where he has been giving hugs and kisses to grandparents and aunts for years. So in that regard, I understand his affectionate nature. But I believe he has become confused about social expectations and nobody in his family seems to care or notice but me and one of my brother in laws. We both married into the family. And he and I both think the kid is creepy.

We were having a father's day bbq with the in laws on Sunday, and when it was time to leave he wanted to give me a hug. After about 4 years of this weirdness, I finally declined. He always tries to give me a kiss, which I always dodge. But he also does this rubbing thing on my back. I said no. No more hugs. His mother, my wifes step sister, was stunned that I wouldn't give her son a hug. The kid starts crying. My wife then looks at me in shock and gives me the " you're an asshole look."

As we're driving home, she is pissed off at me and just says, "he's very sweet and affectionate." i told her how he creeps me out. His behavior around our boys is even more troubling. He will sit by them and caress them, kiss them, and just act weird. I often make sure he's not alone with them.

My brother in law said he has talked to his wife about this kids behavior and he gets the same reaction. "He's just affectionate and sweet. " my bro in law, who is a good old boy factory worker and major fishermen, will flat out tell the kid, "get your f...king hands off me"... Lol. I try to use more tact, but I'm close.

This isn't a masculinity thing. Its about social expectations and norms. This kid does not have special needs. He is not autistic or lacking the ability to pick up on social cues. He's just effing weird.

The kid creeps me out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News