ADVERTISEMENT

OT: covid nebraska article in the Atlantic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hospitals that have made billions of dollars in profits over the last 4 decades complaining about how they can't handle a pandemic that the CDC warns them is coming every November is kind of ironic.

Why ask health professionals etc when there’s all kinds of conspiracy keyboard warriors to tell us that the sun rises in the West and sets in the East?
Can't help but believe that the experts brought this dissent upon themselves.

Interesting article. Could have done without the political stuff but thats the world today

You will never get anything but political stuff from the Atlantic. It's one of the most liberal media outlets there is.

Hospitals that have made billions of dollars in profits over the last 4 decades complaining about how they can't handle a pandemic that the CDC warns them is coming every November is kind of ironic.
I'm living the Pandemic at my house right now with my wife. She's busy. The hospital ICU where she takes care of COVID patients is busy. Not a word of complaint. The hospital is only at about 30% of capacity. The flip side of that is the nurse or Dr. who has been constantly on Facebook for the past 3 months saying they're being over run with COVID patients. We had that going on here when we had 2 COVID patients in the ICU. NORMALLY this time of year until the end of March they're taking care of influenza patients in the ICU and medicine floor.

SOME nurses and Dr.s are not cut out for having to go operate above "normal" work loads for any length of time without whining.

I'm living the Pandemic at my house right now with my wife. She's busy. The hospital ICU where she takes care of COVID patients is busy. Not a word of complaint. The hospital is only at about 30% of capacity. The flip side of that is the nurse or Dr. who has been constantly on Facebook for the past 3 months saying they're being over run with COVID patients. We had that going on here when we had 2 COVID patients in the ICU. NORMALLY this time of year until the end of March they're taking care of influenza patients in the ICU and medicine floor.

SOME nurses and Dr.s are not cut out for having to go operate above "normal" work loads for any length of time without whining.

small centers in Yankton or Mitchell have many many pop off valves to send patients when they get busy - they get too busy or there isn't "capacity" they just ship them

advanced care centers like UNMC don;t have that option so they have to make capacity - additional ICUs - childrens hospitals and then try to figure out how to staff them

Last edited:
Live in fear. Be very scared.

such great advice. If you like it, read this Jib guy’s idiotic posts.

Look at how scary the graphs are. Oh, if you don’t understand them, you’re not smart and you need to hide

Live in fear. Be very scared.

such great advice. If you like it, read this Jib guy’s idiotic posts.

Look at how scary the graphs are. Oh, if you don’t understand them, you’re not smart and you need to hide
I was told we'd have upwards of 2 million dead Americans by now. By that measurement, we're doing well.

But then any reasonable person would blame even a single case on Trump. It's unforgivable he allowed this virus into our country. {sarcasm} Save us China Joe!

Reactions: dinglefritz
anything that goes against your opinion is liberal and radical. we know

he is still outraged that the civics/debate teacher at the local high school let it slip that there is more than one political party in the country

anything that goes against your opinion is liberal and radical. we know
Cmon man. Just be honest. The Atlantic is extremely liberal. National Review is very conservative. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Just admit the bias of the media source.

Reactions: Trojanhorse13
Heartbreaking tweets from Nebraska's COVID-19 front lines
twitterfacebook
Breadcrumb
Home Coronavirus (COVID-19) Heartbreaking tweets from Nebraska's COVID-19 front lines
Published November 17, 2020
John Lowe, PhD, University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) assistant vice chancellor for Inter-professional Health Security Training and Education, published a tweet Nov. 12 asking for fellow COVID-19 warriors to share the experiences that have left an imprint.

And that nurse from SD basically was proved wrong in all of the shit she said.

Cmon man. Just be honest. The Atlantic is extremely liberal. National Review is very conservative. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Just admit the bias of the media source.
To the left any news or print media that agrees with there point of view is considered non biased but anything that is remotely right is considered far right or extremist

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT