ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Covid -19 Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet America's worst governor wants accolades for his successful handling of the pandemic. I'm thinking the stockade is more appropriate.
It’s very apparent in this brave new world we are entering that thinking for yourself is not needed.

Let the elites do as they please and then MSDNC news will then tell you how to think about it

Just incredible.

I have ZERO doubt that this calamity was caused by an (accidental probably) escape of a Corona virus in that lab in Wuhan. The "experts" who said there was no way this was a lab developed virus were talking out of their ass. The WHO and the U.S. has known that China has been "studying" Corona viruses in that lab since the first SARS outbreak there. The wild insistance that COVID somehow miraculously all on it's own made the jump from animals to humans causing a pandemic was just ludicrous.

I read another story on Reuters recently that said that it was likely that the first cases were in workers from that lab who were sick back in August a year and a half ago. The Chinese are without a doubt responsible for the millions of deaths around the world from this thing.

Oh. Crap.
Trump was destroyed for suggesting publicly that this was an accidental infection originating in that lab. He had that information early on and was absolutely right. The reasons some scientists gave for this not having come from a lab in no way eliminated that as a possibility. China is a bad actor and why we allow them such access to our technology is beyond me.

Oh. Crap.
Who knows if that's legit or not, but it's always been amazing to me that we were expected to believe this thing came from a bat.

A bat that coincidentally lived just a few miles away from a lab where this virus was being experimented on.

I've had people try to convince me of dumb shit before, but that one pretty much takes the cake.

Who knows if that's legit or not, but it's always been amazing to me that we were expected to believe this thing came from a bat.

A bat that coincidentally lived just a few miles away from a lab where this virus was being experimented on.

I've had people try to convince me of dumb shit before, but that one pretty much takes the cake.
That bat lived almost 1000 miles away. At this point its almost ridiculous for anyone to not accept that the virus came from that lab. It doesn't mean it was something nefarious going on, but it sure as heck didn't come from a wet market.

That bat lived almost 1000 miles away. At this point its almost ridiculous for anyone to not accept that the virus came from that lab. It doesn't mean it was something nefarious going on, but it sure as heck didn't come from a wet market.
how long until the truth is deemed a dangerous conspiracy theory and is forbidden at the threat of censorship?

how long until the truth is deemed a dangerous conspiracy theory and is forbidden at the threat of censorship?
The truth, whatever it is, has already been deemed dangerous to Chinese interests and censored by China. That happened immediately. And some scientists in China who tried to spill the beans on what actually happened have disappeared. There's still a whitewash campaign underway by China trying to construct the fictional story they want told to the world. May never know what really happened.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
As you may know I made a couple of posts about the Covid vaccine while it was being developed. Well I'm happy to report that I was able to get my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine today. Really thrilled and enthusiastic about being able to do that. Feels like freedom is coming in about 5 weeks or so when I should have achieved full immunity.
did they say anything about a covid passport?

did they say anything about a covid passport?
No, nothing said about a covid passport. They did give me a Covid vaccination card recording the specific batch of vaccine I received for the first dose and an appointment to get the second dose. I have to bring that card to the second dose so they are sure to give me the right second dose.

Although they didn't say anything, I'm under the impression that you're given something to indicate you've been vaccinated upon receiving the second dose. We'll see if that is correct or not.

I would guess (ie. just my speculation) that in the future you will have to show proof of vaccination if you want to travel to most countries or be subjected to a 10 day quarantine. Could even happen for some state to state travel.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: baseball31ne
I am 42 and very healthy. I ride my bike 15 miles every other day and lift on the days I don’t ride my bike. My sister has recommended to me to get the covid vaccine. My sister who is a clinical pharmacist with six advanced degrees (various masters and doctorates) in chemistry, biochemistry, and pharmacuetical chemistry. In other words she works for drug companies and has done numerous fellowships at different colleges all while doing lab research. I think I’ll take my chances with the vaccine. I really don’t care if I get sick but god forbid if I give it to one of my parents and or someone else and they die from it.

I am 42 and very healthy. I ride my bike 15 miles every other day and lift on the days I don’t ride my bike. My sister has recommended to me to get the covid vaccine. My sister who is a clinical pharmacist with six advanced degrees (various masters and doctorates) in chemistry, biochemistry, and pharmacuetical chemistry. In other words she works for drug companies and has done numerous fellowships at different colleges all while doing lab research. I think I’ll take my chances with the vaccine. I really don’t care if I get sick but god forbid if I give it to one of my parents and or someone else and they die from it.
you are still contagious with the vaccine. Your sister should have told you this.

you are still contagious with the vaccine. Your sister should have told you this.
the odds of a vaccinated person developing a significant enough viremia to be able to transmit COVID are EXTREMELY small. It is likely very similar to the odds of a person in their 20s dying from COVID ( extremely rare). By all means, people with at risk family members or friends SHOULD most definitely get vaccinated. Not getting vaccinated in that case is an ridiculously self-centered act.
I'm very much a libertarian on a lot of things. I respect an individual's right to make unhealthy lifestyle choices etc, but it's potentially harmful and maybe lethal to the people around you in this case to chose to not get vaccinated. The vaccine is as safe and effective as any vaccine can be and it protects people who are unable to protect themselves. Some of the arguments I've seen against the vaccines are very ill informed and are being perpetuated on social media. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
too late. The amount of censorship being cheered on by the mainstream media is mind blowing. There no doubt has been a tremendous amount of irresponsible tweeting and posting going on but for God's sake a legitimate story about potential criminal activity by our new President involving foreign actors was just buried by all but one outlet. Sigh.

the odds of a vaccinated person developing a significant enough viremia to be able to transmit COVID are EXTREMELY small. It is likely very similar to the odds of a person in their 20s dying from COVID ( extremely rare). By all means, people with at risk family members or friends SHOULD most definitely get vaccinated. Not getting vaccinated in that case is an ridiculously self-centered act.
I'm very much a libertarian on a lot of things. I respect an individual's right to make unhealthy lifestyle choices etc, but it's potentially harmful and maybe lethal to the people around you in this case to chose to not get vaccinated. The vaccine is as safe and effective as any vaccine can be and it protects people who are unable to protect themselves. Some of the arguments I've seen against the vaccines are very ill informed and are being perpetuated on social media. :(

Well, the pharma companies themselves had no idea if you still shed the virus. They still want you to use protection against infecting others, after the vaccine. And to be perfectly honest, there's hardly enough data out there to come to ANY conclusion on how a vaccinated person and an unvaccinated person will react to each other concerning this virus. All previous rna and coronavirus vaccines have failed miserably.

I feel like this is way too rushed and the public are basically lab rats.

I also respect anyone who wants to get the vaccine. Just like they can get a tattoo on their face.

In regards to my opinion on virus shedding, read below.

<50%
WHO: ‘No Evidence’ That COVID-19 Vaccines Will Prevent Spread Of Disease
HAFHAFJanuary 4, 2021
by JD Heyes
But now it appears as though the global health agency is attempting to atone for its past mistakes involving Beijing’s coronavirus cover-up with some damning new information regarding the highly controversial COVID-19 vaccines — namely, that they don’t do anything to stop the spread of the disease.

During a virtual press conference earlier this week, WHO chief scientist Soumya Swaminathan was specific:

“I don’t believe we have the evidence on any of the vaccines to be confident that it’s going to prevent people from actually getting the infection and therefore being able to pass it on.”

WHO warns Covid-19 pandemic is 'not necessarily the big one' | Coronavirus | The Guardian

Mind you, that is the entire purpose behind a vaccine in the first place — to not only inoculate people, but to prevent the spread of the disease the vaccine is meant to target.

Last edited:
It's pretty obvious that Cuomo is practicing gerontricide. That is the only plausible explanation for the policies he's single handedly implemented from the start of this deal. Refusing to let left over doses go to elderly people instead of throwing them in the garbage is just reprehensible. He's a criminal.
He’s cow towing to the teach union now, the teachers get there’s before the elderly one radio commentator said his elderly parents waited in line for 4 hours and never got their shot because they ran out of vaccines. There’s a special place in hell for people like gov cuomo and his idiot brother fredo

Well, the pharma companies themselves had no idea if you still shed the virus. They still want you to use protection against infecting others, after the vaccine. And to be perfectly honest, there's hardly enough data out there to come to ANY conclusion on how a vaccinated person and an unvaccinated person will react to each other concerning this virus. All previous rna and coronavirus vaccines have failed miserably.

I feel like this is way too rushed and the public are basically lab rats.

I also respect anyone who wants to get the vaccine. Just like they can get a tattoo on their face.

In regards to my opinion on virus shedding, read below.

<50%
WHO: ‘No Evidence’ That COVID-19 Vaccines Will Prevent Spread Of Disease
HAFHAFJanuary 4, 2021
by JD Heyes
But now it appears as though the global health agency is attempting to atone for its past mistakes involving Beijing’s coronavirus cover-up with some damning new information regarding the highly controversial COVID-19 vaccines — namely, that they don’t do anything to stop the spread of the disease.

During a virtual press conference earlier this week, WHO chief scientist Soumya Swaminathan was specific:

“I don’t believe we have the evidence on any of the vaccines to be confident that it’s going to prevent people from actually getting the infection and therefore being able to pass it on.”

Mind you, that is the entire purpose behind a vaccine in the first place — to not only inoculate people, but to prevent the spread of the disease the vaccine is meant to target.
Evidence will be gathered over the next few months proving that vaccinated people being able to transmit COVID is extremely rare. I can tell you that Corona virus vaccines in animals do in fact prevent viral shedding to other animals. We've all used those vaccines in our farm animals and pets for decades. My spouse says that they've not seen any evidence in people so far indicating that vaccinated people shed virus when exposed to COVID post vaccination. All indications I'm hearing from Dr.s are that the vaccine appears to be more effective than the trials would have led us to believe.

With any situation where you're vaccinating hundreds of millions of people, there are going to be outliers where for whatever reason somebody doesn't get protective immunity from vaccination. It can be anything from host immune incompetence to poor vaccine handling prior to administration. That said, at least so far, it appears to be EXTREMELY unlikely that a vaccinated person is going to be able to shed virus and infect other people. Remember, the WHO is EXTREMELY cautious with it's statements. They're the same people who muzzled one of their Dr.s who publicly stated that asymptomatic transmission is very rare, even though it turns out she was correct.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
No thanks to having a microchip implanted in me by a Bill Gates deep state organization! I'll take my chances without it and trust God to care for me.
tinfoil-hat-guy.jpg

Evidence will be gathered over the next few months proving that vaccinated people being able to transmit COVID is extremely rare. I can tell you that Corona virus vaccines in animals do in fact prevent viral shedding to other animals. We've all used those vaccines in our farm animals and pets for decades. My spouse says that they've not seen any evidence in people so far indicating that vaccinated people shed virus when exposed to COVID post vaccination. All indications I'm hearing from Dr.s are that the vaccine appears to be more effective than the trials would have led us to believe.

With any situation where you're vaccinating hundreds of millions of people, there are going to be outliers where for whatever reason somebody doesn't get protective immunity from vaccination. It can be anything from host immune incompetence to poor vaccine handling prior to administration. That said, at least so far, it appears to be EXTREMELY unlikely that a vaccinated person is going to be able to shed virus and infect other people. Remember, the WHO is EXTREMELY cautious with it's statements. They're the same people who muzzled one of their Dr.s who publicly stated that asymptomatic transmission is very rare, even though it turns out she was correct.

Appreciate the info, but comparing farm animals to what humans do on a daily basis isn't really fair IMO

Tinkering with the immune system as well as our building blocks and "appear to be" just doesn't jive well with me.

However, the vaccine is not mandatory now and as long as it remains in that realm, so be it. I will advise others I care about from getting it. I am skeptical by nature. And by nature we were given a beautiful immune system that we still do not fully understand, how it works

Many friends in the pharmaceutical side, yes, all sales. I've heard from a lot, and I'm not making that they said this up, but Drs and nurses who have received the vaccine are becoming symptomatic and testing positive. However, this is purely anecdotal

Appreciate the info, but comparing farm animals to what humans do on a daily basis isn't really fair IMO

Tinkering with the immune system as well as our building blocks and "appear to be" just doesn't jive well with me.

However, the vaccine is not mandatory now and as long as it remains in that realm, so be it. I will advise others I care about from getting it. I am skeptical by nature. And by nature we were given a beautiful immune system that we still do not fully understand, how it works

Many friends in the pharmaceutical side, yes, all sales. I've heard from a lot, and I'm not making that they said this up, but Drs and nurses who have received the vaccine are becoming symptomatic and testing positive. However, this is purely anecdotal
In one case people bitch because they didn't do animal trials. Now you don't want to consider evidence provided by Corona virus vaccinations in animals such as pigs which are used extensively as human research models.

Yes there have been cases where shortly after vaccination people have become positive but in every case I've read about they were infected within a couple of days of their first immunization. It takes anywhere from 5-14 days AFTER YOUR SECOND DOSE for protective immunity to be reached for most people. Man, you're worrying too much. EVERY single Dr. and nurse I know except one is getting the vaccine as quickly as they can get it unless they've already had COVID. Even some of them are getting vaccinated following CDC guidelines. The ONLY guy I know promoting the idea that the vaccine is dangerous and ineffective is a washed up old urologist who regularly writes goofy letters to the local newspaper's editor. He's a whack job.

Reactions: c3o
In one case people bitch because they didn't do animal trials. Now you don't want to consider evidence provided by Corona virus vaccinations in animals such as pigs which are used extensively as human research models.

Yes there have been cases where shortly after vaccination people have become positive but in every case I've read about they were infected within a couple of days of their first immunization. It takes anywhere from 5-14 days AFTER YOUR SECOND DOSE for protective immunity to be reached for most people. Man, you're worrying too much. EVERY single Dr. and nurse I know except one is getting the vaccine as quickly as they can get it unless they've already had COVID. Even some of them are getting vaccinated following CDC guidelines. The ONLY guy I know promoting the idea that the vaccine is dangerous and ineffective is a washed up old urologist who regularly writes goofy letters to the local newspaper's editor. He's a whack job.
Dr Fauci?

I said it was anecdotal. We will find out in time

I said it was anecdotal. We will find out in time
By the time most of this board gets their chance to be vaccinated we will have a very good idea of the success and failures of this vaccine. My spouse is Mayo trained and gets daily updates from all over the world on this deal. She says, the vaccine, (especially Moderna's) appears to be very effective and very safe. IF we were having a large number of severe life threatening problems from the vaccine we would know it by now with the millions of doses we've given. Likewise considering the number of healthcare professionals who have been given the vaccine, I believe we would already have hundreds of reports of Dr.s and nurses getting infected after vaccination and it just isn't happening. It appears that even one dose of Moderna's vaccine is providing protection.

By the time most of this board gets their chance to be vaccinated we will have a very good idea of the success and failures of this vaccine. My spouse is Mayo trained and gets daily updates from all over the world on this deal. She says, the vaccine, (especially Moderna's) appears to be very effective and very safe. IF we were having a large number of severe life threatening problems from the vaccine we would know it by now with the millions of doses we've given. Likewise considering the number of healthcare professionals who have been given the vaccine, I believe we would already have hundreds of reports of Dr.s and nurses getting infected after vaccination and it just isn't happening. It appears that even one dose of Moderna's vaccine is providing protection.
I do appreciate your thoughts. I do, and I respect your opinion and so don’t take me the wrong way...

a short term study on an rna vax is not reliable.

I do appreciate your thoughts. I do, and I respect your opinion and so don’t take me the wrong way...

a short term study on an rna vax is not reliable.
Likewise I appreciate your concerns. I'm just telling you that my spouse who is a highly educated published author who trained at the Mayo clinic is very sold on the mrna vaccines. She especially believes Moderna's with it's higher level of mrna is the way to go if one has a choice. The trials were done and done well on human willing guinea pigs. I would have volunteered but I didn't fit their criteria.

Corona virus vaccines have been around for decades in animals. By refining the vaccine down to the point where you're giving much less of the genetic material (proteins) of the virus, you make it much less likely to create problems. I have a doctorate in a related medical field and I'm absolutely positive that this vaccine will save hundreds of thousands of lives in this country.

Immunity from infection and vaccines will fade slowly as the virus mutates.
Be prepared for your annual booster. 😃
It might come to annual boosters for at risk people. IF it's like the flu vaccine, we'll only get 60% of the population to get their flu shot and we'll have periodic school shutdowns and suspensions of extracurricular activities. People who refuse to get flu shots and then come in to my wife's office with pneumonia really piss her off. Fools,

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
Likewise I appreciate your concerns. I'm just telling you that my spouse who is a highly educated published author who trained at the Mayo clinic is very sold on the mrna vaccines. She especially believes Moderna's with it's higher level of mrna is the way to go if one has a choice. The trials were done and done well on human willing guinea pigs. I would have volunteered but I didn't fit their criteria.

Corona virus vaccines have been around for decades in animals. By refining the vaccine down to the point where you're giving much less of the genetic material (proteins) of the virus, you make it much less likely to create problems. I have a doctorate in a related medical field and I'm absolutely positive that this vaccine will save hundreds of thousands of lives in this country.
Honest questions:

How does one go about having complete faith in the first mRNA vaccine ever?

Since animal vaccines for coronaviruses haven't been of the mRNA variety, is it really an apples to apples comparison?

Honest questions:

How does one go about having complete faith in the first mRNA vaccine ever?

Since animal vaccines for coronaviruses haven't been of the mRNA variety, is it really an apples to apples comparison?
It isn't apples to apples. In practice an mrna vaccine should be much safer than most of the corona virus vaccines that have been used in animals. Remember, you're injecting genetic material with EVERY vaccine that you use. That genetic material is basically protein. What Pfizer's and Moderna's vaccines do is purify that genetic material (protein) down to just include lipoproteins that appear in particular on the spike surface of COVID-19 viral particles. Yes it's new technology but it's really not. What's new is the way they are able to get it down to only injecting the minimum amount of protein (genetic material) that they have to. That should in fact make it much safer.

One viral vaccine for instance in cats used recombinant technology where they inserted leukemia virus rna into a canary virus, then killed the canary virus to make a vaccine. The Oxford developed vaccine in England I believe is splicing (recombining) COVID-19 genetic material in to a non-pathogenic Adenovirus and using that as a modified live virus. I'll take the mrna vaccine thank you very much. I've read and believe it to be true that another advantage of the mrna vaccines is that the antigen can be synthesized and mass produced MUCH more quickly than traditional vaccines as well.

Curious why you consider Moderna superior to Pfizer. First time I'm heard anyone say there's a significant difference to the person being vaccinated. Can you elaborate.

Curious why you consider Moderna superior to Pfizer. First time I'm heard anyone say there's a significant difference to the person being vaccinated. Can you elaborate.
I'm just repeating what my spouse has said and basing it also on what I've read about the composition of their vaccine. They use a higher load of antigen than Pfizer's from what I've read. The down side is that might lead to a few more reactions potentially although I don't know if that has been shown yet. For old farts like myself with compromised immune systems, more antigen is probably better. The testing seemed to bear out that Moderna gave a little better protection. I've used Pfizer products for decades so when they first announced their product, I gave that a lot of credibility. Sometimes newer IS better though.

The bottomline is that IF Pfizer is what you CAN get. Get it. Likewise for Moderna.

It isn't apples to apples. In practice an mrna vaccine should be much safer than most of the corona virus vaccines that have been used in animals. Remember, you're injecting genetic material with EVERY vaccine that you use. That genetic material is basically protein. What Pfizer's and Moderna's vaccines do is purify that genetic material (protein) down to just include lipoproteins that appear in particular on the spike surface of COVID-19 viral particles. Yes it's new technology but it's really not. What's new is the way they are able to get it down to only injecting the minimum amount of protein (genetic material) that they have to. That should in fact make it much safer.

One viral vaccine for instance in cats used recombinant technology where they inserted leukemia virus rna into a canary virus, then killed the canary virus to make a vaccine. The Oxford developed vaccine in England I believe is splicing (recombining) COVID-19 genetic material in to a non-pathogenic Adenovirus and using that as a modified live virus. I'll take the mrna vaccine thank you very much. I've read and believe it to be true that another advantage of the mrna vaccines is that the antigen can be synthesized and mass produced MUCH more quickly than traditional vaccines as well.
I kind of have problem with this. First of all, if the protein strain is synthetic, arent you a little bit suspect of whether its an exact recreation of the protein spike on the virus? And if it isnt, could there be some potential downsides to that? More importantly though, our immune system doesn't just experience that single protein when exposed naturally, it gets the whole virus and it isnt just our body that adapts but also the virus. There is a sort of symbiotic relationship that forms between the 2 in a normal setting, but this appoach seems like it would disallow that from happening.

Reactions: c3o

Had the Moderna first dose. Four days later had a significant exposure with a patient that had some slight congestion (1.5 hours in a level 3 mask and face shield) and three days later they tested positive. Found out a week after the exposure and had some slight fatigue and congestion myself but had three negative PCR tests out to 14 days and no infected family. Either thank you masks or thank you vaccine. Might make a YouTube video about it later so that c3o and GBRforLife can confirm the veracity of my statement.

• Haha
Reactions: Charlie Marlow
Had the Moderna first dose. Four days later had a significant exposure with a patient that had some slight congestion (1.5 hours in a level 3 mask and face shield) and three days later they tested positive. Found out a week after the exposure and had some slight fatigue and congestion myself but had three negative PCR tests out to 14 days and no infected family. Either thank you masks or thank you vaccine. Might make a YouTube video about it later so that c3o and GBRforLife can confirm the veracity of my statement.

I'm waiting for you to post something truthful. I won't hold my breath.

I know a race car driver who says Chevy's are the best. I'm sure we could find another who says Ford's are the best. 😉

I asked before but maybe I missed it what's the acceptable rate of death or disablement in animals for vaccines? How abt humans?

I'm just repeating what my spouse has said and basing it also on what I've read about the composition of their vaccine. They use a higher load of antigen than Pfizer's from what I've read. The down side is that might lead to a few more reactions potentially although I don't know if that has been shown yet. For old farts like myself with compromised immune systems, more antigen is probably better. The testing seemed to bear out that Moderna gave a little better protection. I've used Pfizer products for decades so when they first announced their product, I gave that a lot of credibility. Sometimes newer IS better though.

The bottomline is that IF Pfizer is what you CAN get. Get it. Likewise for Moderna.
OK, thanks. Just curious what your rationale was because I hadn't seen that any where. And for the record, I did get the Pfizer vaccine. Haven't seen much difference in the trial test results between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT