ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Covid -19 Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is like saying being sick with the virus is good because your body is fighting it. Lmao.
Obviously you don't keep up on medical stuff. You must not believe in the body training itself to develop its immune system and produce antibodies. I'm no medical expert for sure but even I know that much. Your ignorance is showing but that's perfectly OK, we all have to learn new things. :)

• Haha
Reactions: GBRforLife1
Knowing what we do about how huge a role comorbidities play in death, what makes you think they wouldn't have died from something else?

Over 7000 people die every day in the US on avg. Most of them old.

Honest question, what is driving the increased death rate from previous years to 2020?

I question how deadly COVID is myself, but it certainly seems like something caused more deaths in 2020.

Preliminary US death statistics show over 3.1 million total deaths in 2020—at least 12% more deaths than in 2019

My doctor told me (to my surprise) that he has read the papers a lot of studies about the vaccine....and has seen nothing in any of them that conclusively shows you lose your immunity after you have had it. This surprised me because media makes it seem that all medical professions are behind this vaccine...he said he hasn't seen enough information regarding it . With that in mind he had me get the antibody test and it was positive....which means he sees no reason at this point to get the vaccine.
Data seems to indicate long lasting immunity from those recovered. My wife had Covid and will get the vaccine, but is less worried about when she gets it. I get my second shot it less than two weeks.

Obviously you don't keep up on medical stuff. You must not believe in the body training itself to develop its immune system and produce antibodies. I'm no medical expert for sure but even I know that much. Your ignorance is showing but that's perfectly OK, we all have to learn new things. :)
He keeps up on all the QAnon stuff

Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie
Honest question, what is driving the increased death rate from previous years to 2020?

I question how deadly COVID is myself, but it certainly seems like something caused more deaths in 2020.

Preliminary US death statistics show over 3.1 million total deaths in 2020—at least 12% more deaths than in 2019
Suicides and drug overdoses have gone through the roof. That's no doubt part of it. I saw one stat somewhere that said that 2020 suicide and fatal drug overdoses had more than doubled for the same point in the previous year. I don't know where the final number will land.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigred_b1624
My doctor told me (to my surprise) that he has read the papers a lot of studies about the vaccine....and has seen nothing in any of them that conclusively shows you lose your immunity after you have had it. This surprised me because media makes it seem that all medical professions are behind this vaccine...he said he hasn't seen enough information regarding it . With that in mind he had me get the antibody test and it was positive....which means he sees no reason at this point to get the vaccine.
There are some very bright virologists and epidemiologists who believe immunity via natural infection will be very long lasting in the vast majority of people. I've also seen estimates that immunity conveyed by vaccination will be measured in years and not months. I have NO idea why they are still recommending that people who had the virus get vaccinated. It doesn't make any sense to me. You've had the ultimate vaccine.

As examples, tetanus vaccination was once thought to last for a lifetime. Then it was 10 years. I had a Rabies vaccination in grad school over 40 years ago. I had my titre checked about 10 years ago and I was still protected. It will be interesting to see where this all lands epidemiologically when we get a year out from now.

Who is only considering you immune for 90 days? Is your wife going to get vaccinated every 90 days?

Where are you getting your healthcare advice on this issue?

That is from our county health department and the State of Illinois. Its not advice, it's their standard for quarantining.

If we are only considered immune for 90 days, that was kind of my question with the vaccine that I asked in the second half of my initial post. Seems kind of odd and pointless to get it as immunity from the vaccine shouldn't last any long than from infection.

But, this is Illinois I'm talking about...

No doubt a significant portion of the excess deaths this year are due to Covid. Some may be due to a spike in violent crimes, drug overdoses and suicides. But some portion of the deaths are part of a predicted upward trend. I would guess it has to do with the size and age of the baby boomer demographic as it rolls through a period of record. Death rates are going up in part because a large group of people are getting older, and birth rates aren’t keeping pace.

These graphs were made pre-covid.

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/USA/united-states/death-rate

https://population.un.org/wpp/Graphs/DemographicProfiles/Line/840

There are some very bright virologists and epidemiologists who believe immunity via natural infection will be very long lasting in the vast majority of people. I've also seen estimates that immunity conveyed by vaccination will be measured in years and not months. I have NO idea why they are still recommending that people who had the virus get vaccinated. It doesn't make any sense to me. You've had the ultimate vaccine.

As examples, tetanus vaccination was once thought to last for a lifetime. Then it was 10 years. I had a Rabies vaccination in grad school over 40 years ago. I had my titre checked about 10 years ago and I was still protected. It will be interesting to see where this all lands epidemiologically when we get a year out from now.
This whole thing is stupid. Of course immunity doesn't last forever, but a side effect of continually getting exposed to a virus is that your body is continually updating its immunity to it. Under normal circumstances, you're going to be exposed to the exact same virus over and over due to natural contact with others. Thats why people in rest homes that live in a much more secure environment are way more likely to die from the flu. The more you isolate yourself, the fewer opportunities your body has to regenerate antibodies while still having any level of them. Its not like under normal circumstances you catch a virus, build immunity, and that immunity times out after x number of days.

This whole thing is stupid. Of course immunity doesn't last forever, but a side effect of continually getting exposed to a virus is that your body is continually updating its immunity to it. Under normal circumstances, you're going to be exposed to the exact same virus over and over due to natural contact with others. Thats why people in rest homes that live in a much more secure environment are way more likely to die from the flu. The more you isolate yourself, the fewer opportunities your body has to regenerate antibodies while still having any level of them. Its not like under normal circumstances you catch a virus, build immunity, and that immunity times out after x number of days.
My spouse had her first dose of Moderna's vaccine 2 weeks ago. She's going to start dining out at restaurants tomorrow morning.....without me. I get the impression that she's not too worried about me dying from COVID....Eek

Reactions: sandiegohawk
Two of my daughters got their first dose yesterday. One is an undergrad in Lincoln but works part-time in a clinical setting, the other is in med school out of state. Both complained of headache, fever, muscle aches and a sore arm. The one in med school had covid back in October, but they still recommended that she get the vaccination. Not sure how that makes sense, especially if they are trying to vaccinate as many people as possible.

Two of my daughters got their first dose yesterday. One is an undergrad in Lincoln but works part-time in a clinical setting, the other is in med school out of state. Both complained of headache, fever, muscle aches and a sore arm. The one in med school had covid back in October, but they still recommended that she get the vaccination. Not sure how that makes sense, especially if they are trying to vaccinate as many people as possible.
I had my first dose yesterday as well and only have had a minor sore arm. No headache, muscle aches, fever or any other symptom. And the minor sore arm already is getting better 24 hours later although it didn't prevent me doing anything I wanted to do. Everybody reacts differently.

Last edited:
That is from our county health department and the State of Illinois. Its not advice, it's their standard for quarantining.

If we are only considered immune for 90 days, that was kind of my question with the vaccine that I asked in the second half of my initial post. Seems kind of odd and pointless to get it as immunity from the vaccine shouldn't last any long than from infection.

But, this is Illinois I'm talking about...

That explains it. The state of illinois is a dumpster fire. I wouldn't listen to anything they say.

That explains it. The state of illinois is a dumpster fire. I wouldn't listen to anything they say.

Normally I'd agree. However both of us work either in government or a government associated position. I'm a probation officer, shes an SLP like I said. If we don't follow COVID guidelines to the T and something gets traced back, we're screwed.

Knowing what we do about how huge a role comorbidities play in death, what makes you think they wouldn't have died from something else?

Over 7000 people die every day in the US on avg. Most of them old.
Obviously everyone is going to die at some point. The issue is delaying that event. Why do we bother to treat a 20 year old or anybody when they're ill? They could be hit by a car and die the next day for all we know making the treatment pointless and a wasted effort.

The reason likely is that nobody knows for sure how long the protection from a natural infection lasts. A few people seem to have gotten the virus more than once (yes, I know that's a speculative conclusion and actual statistics are unknown) but why take the risk is the thought I'd guess. Get vaccinated to improve your chances. But IMO yes those that have had the virus already should go to the back of the waiting line.

Obviously everyone is going to die at some point. The issue is delaying that event. Why do we bother to treat a 20 year old or anybody when they're ill? They could be hit by a car and die the next day for all we know making the treatment pointless and a wasted effort.
Did you just compare a 20 year olds likelihood of getting hit by a car and dying to elderly people in bad health?

Where did you take your rocket surgeon classes?

Got the Pfizer double dose. First shot, only had a sore arm. Second shot, fine for 12 hrs then had chills, body aches, and fatigue. The next afternoon felt completely normal again, and slept like a baby.

Did you just compare a 20 year olds likelihood of getting hit by a car and dying to elderly people in bad health?

Where did you take your rocket surgeon classes?
And did you just imply that the life of an older person is worth a lot less than that of a younger person? Euthanasia for the elderly here we come apparently is your message if the elderly don't deserve healthcare. That's one of the big reasons I am against government controlling access to all healthcare. They're likely to decide who can live and who is fully expendable.

And did you just imply that the life of an older person is worth a lot less than that of a younger person? Euthanasia for the elderly here we come apparently is your message if the elderly don't deserve healthcare. That's one of the big reasons I am against government controlling access to all healthcare. They're likely to decide who can live and who is fully expendable.
Please explain where I said or implied that.

tenor.gif

Frustrating how slow the process is in Nebraska and the distribution ratio to states is not balanced to population. I have several 65-70 year old cousins in Colorado without underlying health concerns received the vaccine 10 days ago and MIL in Holdrege nursing home just got her first shot this week. My 93 year old father still at home is “on the list” but yet to get a shot by Two Rivers Health Dept or even hear a timetable.

The sad part is that it is reported only half of the vaccine the state has received has found an arm. Unacceptable IMO. If this is so urgent where is the sense of urgency by these local health departments?

Frustrating how slow the process is in Nebraska and the distribution ratio to states is not balanced to population. I have several 65-70 year old cousins in Colorado without underlying health concerns received the vaccine 10 days ago and MIL in Holdrege nursing home just got her first shot this week. My 93 year old father still at home is “on the list” but yet to get a shot by Two Rivers Health Dept or even hear a timetable.

The sad part is that it is reported only half of the vaccine the state has received has found an arm. Unacceptable IMO. If this is so urgent where is the sense of urgency by these local health departments?
Maybe it's not so urgent...

Getting my 2nd dose of the Moderna vaccine next week. When selecting a time slot our internal email stated to preferably get it at the end of the day on your last day of work for the week. Leads me to think it might knock you on your ass.

Getting my 2nd dose of the Moderna vaccine next week. When selecting a time slot our internal email stated to preferably get it at the end of the day on your last day of work for the week. Leads me to think it might knock you on your ass.
Generally the 2nd dose has the more serious side effects because the immunity the body has built up by then is "fighting" the second dose for lack of a better term. But it's what gets you to the higher effective immunity state.

Kansas is also struggling with the roll out. Sounds like there is an issue nationally with the amount of the vaccines currently on hand. :(

Kansas is also struggling with the roll out. Sounds like there is an issue nationally with the amount of the vaccines currently on hand. :(
Do you have numbers for that? In Nebraska we are barely administering 1/2 of what the state has been given and that gap grows every day. Seems we are spending more energy deciding who gets it than just getting it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT