ADVERTISEMENT

OT: COVID-19 news. Out of over 3000 positive tests in prison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enough of the political crap in these threads. I haven’t been able to monitor these threads like I should lately and I see it’s gotten a little out of hand. I realize that it is hard to completely keep politicians names out when talking about this, but some of you are pushing it.

Enough of the political crap in these threads. I haven’t been able to monitor these threads like I should lately and I see it’s gotten a little out of hand. I realize that it is hard to completely keep politicians names out when talking about this, but some of you are pushing it.

triggered :D

I would say the chances of college FB being played go down with each passing day. It’s unfortunate that the pandemic was politicized, but we are where we are.
The virus doesn’t care if you’re a liberal or conservative, Democrat or Republican, smart or dumb, tall or short, a gun owner or a vegan pacifist. It’s gonna do what it does.
If there was ever a time to listen closely to those who have studied these things for recommendations, the past couple of months was that time. Do these people have all the answers? No. Will they make mistakes? Yes. But are they our best chance to get out of this? Yes.
Instead one side in the political battle decided to politicize even that (#firefauci), and to feature the ideas of cranks, grifters and charlatans as equal in stature.

I would say the chances of college FB being played go down with each passing day. It’s unfortunate that the pandemic was politicized, but we are where we are.
The virus doesn’t care if you’re a liberal or conservative, Democrat or Republican, smart or dumb, tall or short, a gun owner or a vegan pacifist. It’s gonna do what it does.
If there was ever a time to listen closely to those who have studied these things for recommendations, the past couple of months was that time. Do these people have all the answers? No. Will they make mistakes? Yes. But are they our best chance to get out of this? Yes.
Instead one side in the political battle decided to politicize even that (#firefauci), and to feature the ideas of cranks, grifters and charlatans as equal in stature.

I agree with your opening statement, but if you think one side decided to politicize this you'd be wrong. Both parties are using this to push their agendas. That's the US. If it wasn't Covid, there would be something else to try and push their agendas.

because of politics, there's a 100% chance the SEC plays at least a 9-game conference season.

you're welcome. don't like it? don't watch.

tumblr_lt8w6oIqCq1r51nyko1_1280.jpg
The left can't meme. Jesus was upset because money changers were doing it in the temple of God.

Had they been doing it anywhere else you wouldn't have seen Jesus flip out.

The left can't meme. Jesus was upset because money changers were doing it in the temple of God.

Had they been doing it anywhere else you wouldn't have seen Jesus flip out.
Your true masters would be proud, you are well trained.

"And when I walketh through the light, I come upon a power, it was Thy Lord God, and he said unto me, Husker O, you have been faithful in thy pursuit of the making of coin and through thy undying support of the merchant, and you always held that the least of these were only thus from their own doing for they failed to tie up thy horse and thus you have gained eternal life through thy strong stock portfolio. "

Last edited:
SARS was not a “young killer”, as per my link earlier, Coronaviruses typically are mild in kids unless they have other conditions that were pre-existing.
Sars, wasnt that the one that had the preexisting antibody in the older population, due to a similar virus when they were young?

"And when I walketh through the light, I come upon a power, it was Thy Lord God, and he said unto me, Husker O, you have been faithful in thy pursuit of the making of coin and through thy undying support of the merchant, and you always held that the least of these were only thus from their own doing for they failed to tie up thy horse and thus you have gained eternal life through thy strong stock portfolio. "
What are you babbling about? Just admit your meme was dumb and move on.

Who wants to “bankrupt our economy”? Who is willing to die so someone can go sit in a restaurant? My parents sure as hell aren’t ready to die over this and I imagine most others aren’t either.
We had 675,000 deaths from the Spanish flu at a time when our country's population was a fraction of what it is today. So maybe this isn't worse than a bad flu? This isn't about sitting in a damned restaurant and you know it. It's about the ludicrous closures of businesses in blue states where customers are easily protected by wearing a mask. Personally due to my risk factors I won't be sitting down for a meal in a crowded restaurant probably any time before I've been vaccinated. For anybody else that wants to make that choice, that should be up to them. The risk from this virus for healthy people under the age of 50 is not a lot greater than that of influenza.

The lawyer said to my ma that she could take some of that security money now, take more now, cuz all she have is 300 acre of land and money from granddy to keep her up, or she coulda take a bit less and leave some for her two chillin and grand-chillin but she took the money now. THank god cuz her new lawn mower cost her 5000 uncle sam dollars. Granddaddy left me some money too, 10 score and times 5, except momma said she have to use to builda her house...I said ok cuz I love my momma.
You need to get help.

cheerful-young-man-beer-tablet-260nw-742828162.jpg

We had 675,000 deaths from the Spanish flu at a time when our country's population was a fraction of what it is today. So maybe this isn't worse than a bad flu? This isn't about sitting in a damned restaurant and you know it. It's about the ludicrous closures of businesses in blue states where customers are easily protected by wearing a mask. Personally due to my risk factors I won't be sitting down for a meal in a crowded restaurant probably any time before I've been vaccinated. For anybody else that wants to make that choice, that should be up to them. The risk from this virus for healthy people under the age of 50 is not a lot greater than that of influenza.

Comparing pandemics a century apart doesn’t really seem relevant when at the time we didn’t have the household cleaners we do today. And since we were at war we had a lot of soldiers together training in close contact. Add in the lack of quick information spread and it’s like comparing apples and rocks.

Comparing pandemics a century apart doesn’t really seem relevant when at the time we didn’t have the household cleaners we do today. And since we were at war we had a lot of soldiers together training in close contact. Add in the lack of quick information spread and it’s like comparing apples and rocks.
We don't have soldiers close together today? People actually read newspapers and I believe we had wire services right? It isn't like they were relying on the freaking Pony Express. People actually were probably better informed then than they are now with all of the misinformation out there. Basically, we've got better antibiotics to control secondary infections, oxygen therapy and ventilators. Other than that what's the difference. The ventilators did more harm in many cases early on. We don't have a vaccine and we don't seem to have an anti-viral drug that works. Lots of smoke has been blown up our ass by multiple companies wanting to be the one but according to what the CDC sends my spouse, none of them work very well.

You better find some other reasons to pump up this virus versus the Spanish flu. I MIGHT give you the better disinfectants but never mind they had lye soaps that kill just about everything known to man. The Spanish flu killed over 6% of the U.S.'s population. This virus is trending in the U.S. according to worldometer to less than .5%. This is a very bad virus but IMO I don't think we should be browbeating somebody over posting something that is technically correct. This virus is not worse than the Spanish flu.

So far, I haven't heard one story about a 25 year old waking up fine,then just droping dead four hours later like the spanish flu.
How about fifty million? Or, are you now going to tell us how clean africa is? As well as many packed on top of each other, like india, where today they're packed on top of each other, unlike back then.

Yes, wuhan has it easier and is left in the dust. The didn have airplane travel for the spanish flu, yet it reached the remotes parts of Canada.
Yea, wuhan isnt in the same league compared to the spanish flu, there I agree with you.

So far, I haven't heard one story about a 25 year old waking up fine,then just droping dead four hours later like the spanish flu.
How about fifty million? Or, are you now going to tell us how clean africa is? As well as many packed on top of each other, like india, where today they're packed on top of each other, unlike back then.

Yes, wuhan has it easier and is left in the dust. The didn have airplane travel for the spanish flu, yet it reached the remotes parts of Canada.
Yea, wuhan isnt in the same league compared to the spanish flu, there I agree with you.

Let’s look at the 1918 Spanish flu, first wave was reported to be mild, then it came back that fall with a vengeance and yes, did take a heavy toll at that point. But there were no anti-virals, no known treatments. Combine many doctors and nurses going overseas for the war leaving a shortage of medical professionals stateside.

Aspirin was suggested to combat the virus, with people being told to take 30 grams a day, which was toxic and caused lung issues and lots of deaths. 4 grams is now considered safe.

There were a lot of factors that made the 1918 flu bad, trying to compare the two isn’t meaningful anyway.

But here are stories of COVID effects, healthy people in their 30’s and 40’s having strokes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/24/strokes-coronavirus-young-patients/?outputType=amp

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/amp...th-of-covid-19-patients-worrying-doctors.html

https://triblive.com/local/regional...ds-sudden-health-decline-death-from-covid-19/

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/...ted-with-covid-19/V434W2LRTVFSJGTCG734NH7O6Y/

We don't have soldiers close together today? People actually read newspapers and I believe we had wire services right? It isn't like they were relying on the freaking Pony Express. People actually were probably better informed then than they are now with all of the misinformation out there. Basically, we've got better antibiotics to control secondary infections, oxygen therapy and ventilators. Other than that what's the difference. The ventilators did more harm in many cases early on. We don't have a vaccine and we don't seem to have an anti-viral drug that works. Lots of smoke has been blown up our ass by multiple companies wanting to be the one but according to what the CDC sends my spouse, none of them work very well.

You better find some other reasons to pump up this virus versus the Spanish flu. I MIGHT give you the better disinfectants but never mind they had lye soaps that kill just about everything known to man. The Spanish flu killed over 6% of the U.S.'s population. This virus is trending in the U.S. according to worldometer to less than .5%. This is a very bad virus but IMO I don't think we should be browbeating somebody over posting something that is technically correct. This virus is not worse than the Spanish flu.

Comparing a pandemic 100 years ago to today means what? People are saying this is like a “normal” flu season, which is horse crap. It’s deadlier than our typical flu season, will it kill as many as the 1918 flu? I hope not, we have 100 years of science and experience to not repeat that.

Let’s look at the 1918 Spanish flu, first wave was reported to be mild, then it came back that fall with a vengeance and yes, did take a heavy toll at that point. But there were no anti-virals, no known treatments. Combine many doctors and nurses going overseas for the war leaving a shortage of medical professionals stateside.

Aspirin was suggested to combat the virus, with people being told to take 30 grams a day, which was toxic and caused lung issues and lots of deaths. 4 grams is now considered safe.

There were a lot of factors that made the 1918 flu bad, trying to compare the two isn’t meaningful anyway.

But here are stories of COVID effects, healthy people in their 30’s and 40’s having strokes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/24/strokes-coronavirus-young-patients/?outputType=amp

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/amp...th-of-covid-19-patients-worrying-doctors.html

https://triblive.com/local/regional...ds-sudden-health-decline-death-from-covid-19/

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/...ted-with-covid-19/V434W2LRTVFSJGTCG734NH7O6Y/
So,again, we agree, wuhan is no spanish flu.

Comparing a pandemic 100 years ago to today means what? People are saying this is like a “normal” flu season, which is horse crap. It’s deadlier than our typical flu season, will it kill as many as the 1918 flu? I hope not, we have 100 years of science and experience to not repeat that.
So, are you saying chloroquine is the answer?
Not having any immunities.No therapeutic drugs, maybe one?
Beds softer? Cooler? Warmer?

I think they would have figured out to put people on their stomachs in 1918.
We are almost as helpless today as back then, but this virus just has greater access to victims, in much higher numbers.
No time to be pounding chests when mostly we just have better power,heating and cooling.
Sure,it's slightly more than that,but not by much.

Like I've mentioned, there are huge populations that are much closer to 1918 than you're admitting.
Likely close to half the worlds population in 1918 compared to todays population are like back then with few beds,heat or cooling.
I dont see 25 million dead from those areas.

Drs and nurses aren't committing suicide by getting things done today under the wuhan.
It's everything they can't do.

Last edited:
So,again, we agree, wuhan is no spanish flu.

Or 17 million, or 100 million, who knows? We can’t keep count well in 2020, so who knows in 1918-1920.

If we truly let COVID run for 3 years like the 1918 pandemic did, who knows how many could die. But we won’t do that, we have science and treatments.

Hence my comments about apples and rocks, one is a comparison to a 3 year period while the other is 6-7 months in. One had no medicine, limited medical resources and a world war raging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT