ADVERTISEMENT

OT: COVID-19 news. Out of over 3000 positive tests in prison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conservatives are so completely out of touch with reality on the handling of this virus. I provide you with the proof...right in front of your eyes, and you still don't believe it. It would be hilarious, is it weren't so sad that so many are dying that didn't have to.

Our response was based on projections of 2.2 to 9 million deaths, correct? Last I checked we haven't hit 100,000 deaths so clearly we have saved millions of lives under the Trump policy.

Or is this where you pivot and say the models were wrong and we destroyed the global economy for what should have been LESS than 86,000 deaths?

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Our response was based on projections of 2.2 to 9 million deaths, correct? Last I checked we haven't hit 100,000 deaths so clearly we have saved millions of lives under the Trump policy.

Or is this where you pivot and say the models were wrong and we destroyed the global economy for what should have been LESS than 86,000 deaths?
Yea, they revised them to 60 odd thousand, so, call it an even twenty thousand, all from nursing homes, where life expectancy is less than two years on average.

Some just embrace lies in their hatred.

Yea, they revised them to 60 odd thousand, so, call it an even twenty thousand, all from nursing homes, where life expectancy is less than two years on average.

Some just embrace lies in their hatred.

So we collapsed the global economy, which will mean up to 100 million deaths due to famine, on 60k projected deaths. Cool.

Reactions: little a
So we collapsed the global economy, which will mean up to 100 million deaths due to famine, on 60k projected deaths. Cool.
Well, if we hadn't changed our original intentions, moved goal posts, blamed everything and everyone except those truly responsible, we could have turned it back on.
It likely would have ended with more deaths from wuhan, but less from cancer,other problems not attended to, less starvations, plus the future hobbling of our debt to name a few.

Well, if we hadn't changed our original intentions, moved goal posts, blamed everything and everyone except those truly responsible, we could have turned it back on.
It likely would have ended with more deaths from wuhan, but less from cancer,other problems not attended to, less starvations, plus the future hobbling of our debt to name a few.

Oh no, the debt was totally worth it. We are up to $80,000 per family in new public debt in the last month. Yes, your family is now an additional $80,000 in debt. NBD though, some people got a $1200 check.

This whole thing has been useful in bringing out what Americans are really about. Not one comment have I seen regarding keeping people safe, particularly the elderly, etc. only money and selfish pursuits from a supposedly Christian country. Money is necessary but you would think religious groups would be more concerned with helping others. Also, We are too lazy to actually find out what the death rates actually are so we regurgitate what the media says. We have to carry a gun to be safe but won’t wear a mask. The pure ignorance is astounding.. Amazing we have gotten to the point where the liberal left behaves in a more Godly manner than the religious right. It is good to drop in here occasionally to remind myself how Trump got elected...

Reactions: GILL T and jmliehr
Oh no, the debt was totally worth it. We are up to $80,000 per family in new public debt in the last month. Yes, your family is now an additional $80,000 in debt. NBD though, some people got a $1200 check.
And here I was told you put a buck into the government and get back sixty cents.
Boy do I have revisions to make!
Seems like governments got even better!

This whole thing has been useful in bringing out what Americans are really about. Not one comment have I seen regarding keeping people safe, particularly the elderly, etc. only money and selfish pursuits from a supposedly Christian country. Money is necessary but you would think religious groups would be more concerned with helping others. Also, We are too lazy to actually find out what the death rates actually are so we regurgitate what the media says. We have to carry a gun to be safe but won’t wear a mask. The pure ignorance is astounding.. Amazing we have gotten to the point where the liberal left behaves in a more Godly manner than the religious right. It is good to drop in here occasionally to remind myself how Trump got elected...
Like the portable hospital set up by Graham that never received any patients, who instead were sent back to nursing homes, then Graham et al was charged for doing business in NY.

As was all the volunteers that went there.
Yes, you are right.

Cool. So we can't talk about the financial costs of our governments response lest we be called ungodly.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
there are plenty of posts saying we should focus our efforts on those most at risk now that we have reliable data and a better understanding of the virus while the general public at large should be allowed to choose how they spend their days.

I'm certainly in that camp.

there are plenty of posts saying we should focus our efforts on those most at risk now that we have reliable data and a better understanding of the virus while the general public at large should be allowed to choose how they spend their days.

I'm certainly in that camp.
When the stay at homers started coming down with it, to me, two things happened.
One, I feared for the many older,multi morbidity types, and two, realized the real fakes lost their cover.

Hmm. Well I seem to remember hearing that between 2.2 and 9 million Americans were going to die from this, so I would say that Trump actually saved millions of lives with his response.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

I'm to the point where the brainless tribal politics on both sides just makes me want to puke.

And I hope everyone will spare me the shopworn, "Well the only reason ah'm makin' this po-litical is cuz them there uther guys started it!"

Don't want to hear it, because it's all horse shit.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
You've been dead wrong about how bad this was going to be from about your first post on this subject.
No, no, no. Don't move the goalposts. Millions were going to die because Trump didn't know what he was doing. This was going to be TERRIBLE until he stepped in and saved almost all of those lives.

The pure ignorance is astounding.. Amazing we have gotten to the point where the liberal left behaves in a more Godly manner than the religious right. It is good to drop in here occasionally to remind myself how Trump got elected...

Ignorance? Liberal left more godly? Might want to pump the brake on that talking point.

The "liberal left" doesn't bat an eye at 700,00+ abortions being carried out every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT