ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Confusion PSA

mpalmati

Sophomore
Jan 13, 2006
  • Are you a man who posts on RSS, but has used a picture of an attractive female for your profile image?
  • Are you a frequent contributor who loves the ladies and shows your love by posting a cutie as your profile face?
  • Are you a man who is so ugly that instead of your own face you post the face of an attractive female in your profile image so that people will be nicer to you on the internet?
If any of these conditions applies to you, then on behalf of all confused Scrollers, I would like to ask you to STOP. We don't want to see your hot wife or hot gf or hot-stranger-who's-pic-you-grabbed-off-imgur in your profile pic and associate them with your username and posts.

In these times of gender confusion and message board enthusiasm, it is difficult to look at a picture of a beautiful woman and think - "man, I bet rrthusker has a full beard and a hairshirt". (sorry rrt, maybe you are a super-hot lady, I am not sure.)

Do not confuse my confusion for sexism. I am a man who looks at women and appreciates their beauty. But I also respect them for all of their contributions to society especially in the domains of sandwich-making, laundering, and swiffering.

Also, do not confuse this post with fetishism. I use the appropriate internet outlets for relief of personal frustrations. My specific tastes and predilections are between me and my Google Chrome Richie-Incognito mode.

This is more about identity. Hot girls are for sig pics. Let's keep profile pics limited to hero-worship of collegiate athletes, weird customizations of husker logos, images that poke fun at former coaches, fictional characters some people like, and also, your own ugly mug, if you choose to out-yourself in that capacity. That's less confusing.

Thanks for reading, and GBR.

Reactions: ctfh01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.