OT: Computer Question

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
Ever since Microsoft released the update for Windows, Windows now reinstalls itself every time I turn off and restart my laptop. In doing so I then always lose all of my saved passwords and favorites/bookmarks. Probably a dumb question but is there a way to prevent this from happening? Thanks.

bleedhuskerred

Sophomore
Oct 7, 2003
It sounds like you might be logging in to a Temporary Profile. Known bug with some windows updates.

Can you browse the C Drive and see the Users folder and see if there is a temp folder under c:\users\

Some have success with restarting the computer 4 times logging in each time then restarting. For some that does not work and they have to take the long road like the article below.

Reactions: RedCap

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
It sounds like you might be logging in to a Temporary Profile. Known bug with some windows updates.

Can you browse the C Drive and see the Users folder and see if there is a temp folder under c:\users\

Some have success with restarting the computer 4 times logging in each time then restarting. For some that does not work and they have to take the long road like the article below.
Will try that tonight. Thanks.

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
Just came across this article this morning. Seems like I'm not the only one who has experienced Windows 10 Update frustration:

Windows 10 Article

redfanusa

First Team All-Big Ten
Feb 6, 2009
Microsoft only gets about every third OS right, and Windows 10 makes Vista look like Windows ME.

Reactions: Crazyhole

T...Chafes

Senior
Oct 9, 2004
I use Chrome for my surfing. I can log into Chrome from any device, it will automatically loads my bookmarks, usernames, passwords, etc. So my device can go bye-bye and it's very simple to log back into Chrome and get my internet browser up and running just the way I like it.

Latest posts