OT Company Mandated/Forced Vaccination

Pif

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jul 21, 2001
Lincoln
The covid vaccination topic is likely going to a new level for my family so I’m coming on here to vent and get some feedback. Many companies are starting to mandate vaccines as terms of employment and likely the one my wife and I work at as we are expected to get a mandate tomorrow.

I’m trying to understand how this is ethically and legally possible. The vaccine is untested and unproven but yet people are being forced to take it or lose their livelihood. Even those who have had Covid and should have titers to fight the delta variant are expected to get the vaccine. Right now the vaccines should be in clinical trials for 3+ years to see if there are any autoimmune responses to it and then how successful the vaccines are against the virus, longevity of immunity and if they cause the virus to mutate. I don’t think anyone can answer these questions right now but we are being asked to blindly take a vaccine and now being forced to. We’re likely going to find the truth out in the next 3 to 10 years.

I don’t think current vaccines versions are successful which is why the cdc keeps changing its stances on what the covid vaccines will and won’t do. First you won’t get Covid. Next you’ll get covid but it won’t be as bad. Then you need booster shot. If the vaccine works why is there so much pressure to get the unvaccinated people vaccinated? Let Darwinism occur. It should help with population control which some believe is the agenda. I listened to a podcast yesterday that after 6 months the covid immune response for the Pfizer is significantly weakened allowing for those who have the vaccination to be more susceptible to high risk Covid symptoms than those that haven’t had it. Net effect the story keeps changing feeding my lack of confidence in the CDC guidance.

For a background I have a chemistry degree and graduated manga cum laude but have have been working in business for over 15 years. I state this because some people feel that anyone who isn’t vaccinated is uneducated which isn’t the case. I’ve also been around a lot of data and seen many people spin it to tell their stories rather than just the facts. I have read many articles on pros and cons for the different Covid vaccines. Read scientific journals. Tried to understand whether natural immunity is better than vaccine immunity and net effect is you can find articles and evidence to support either theory.

Personally I lean towards natural immunity being better than vaccine immunity and lasting significantly longer than 6 months. I feel if you want the vaccine get it. If you don’t want the vaccine until proven out you shouldn’t be forced to take it. I truly don‘t feel this is right to mandate an experimental vaccine be implemented on employees or the general public. Some articles suggest the spiked protein builds up in the ovaries and could cause infertility. There’s also a basis for myocarditis and in people with over reactive immune systems causing different auto immune responses such as myalgia. like stated earlier, based on what the CDC is saying the unvaccinated should only be a risk to themselves so if that is the case. Why force it? The vaccinated should be safe. Also a virus normally wouldn’t want to kill the host or it won’t survive long and if it does it would then mutate to being weaker not stronger virus unless being pressured by something to become stronger like an unsuccessful leaky vaccine. Many scientists, including the one who was a founding scientist on the mRNA vaccines agree that it should not be in wide distribution until vetted. It is my understanding prior corona virus vaccines failed and couldn’t pass FDA requirements and I’m not sure what makes these new ones different other than timing. However the general media and current administration are opposed to that thought process and putting full course pressure to take the vaccine before being vetted out. Anyways sorry for the long post. I’m trying to see if this is just me or what people are feeling or maybe just vent. I feel most on the board are educated. The forced vaccination is truly bothering me and I want to see what people are thinking. I appreciate all serious posts. I hope someone can provide some sort of sunshine or proof that the vaccines are working rather than just the ones where if you are vaccinated you didn’t count in the numbers. Right now I feel like I’m about to be forced to take an epic fail to provide for my family and kids. I have 4…. Anyways i hope you all are healthy, safe and gainfully employed.

katie99

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 24, 2003
The covid vaccination topic is likely going to a new level for my family so I’m coming on here to vent and get some feedback. Many companies are starting to mandate vaccines as terms of employment and likely the one my wife and I work at as we are expected to get a mandate tomorrow.

I’m trying to understand how this is ethically and legally possible. The vaccine is untested and unproven but yet people are being forced to take it or lose their livelihood. Even those who have had Covid and should have titers to fight the delta variant are expected to get the vaccine. Right now the vaccines should be in clinical trials for 3+ years to see if there are any autoimmune responses to it and then how successful the vaccines are against the virus, longevity of immunity and if they cause the virus to mutate. I don’t think anyone can answer these questions right now but we are being asked to blindly take a vaccine and now being forced to. We’re likely going to find the truth out in the next 3 to 10 years.

I don’t think current vaccines versions are successful which is why the cdc keeps changing its stances on what the covid vaccines will and won’t do. First you won’t get Covid. Next you’ll get covid but it won’t be as bad. Then you need booster shot. If the vaccine works why is there so much pressure to get the unvaccinated people vaccinated? Let Darwinism occur. It should help with population control which some believe is the agenda. I listened to a podcast yesterday that after 6 months the covid immune response for the Pfizer is significantly weakened allowing for those who have the vaccination to be more susceptible to high risk Covid symptoms than those that haven’t had it. Net effect the story keeps changing feeding my lack of confidence in the CDC guidance.

For a background I have a chemistry degree and graduated manga cum laude but have have been working in business for over 15 years. I state this because some people feel that anyone who isn’t vaccinated is uneducated which isn’t the case. I’ve also been around a lot of data and seen many people spin it to tell their stories rather than just the facts. I have read many articles on pros and cons for the different Covid vaccines. Read scientific journals. Tried to understand whether natural immunity is better than vaccine immunity and net effect is you can find articles and evidence to support either theory.

Personally I lean towards natural immunity being better than vaccine immunity and lasting significantly longer than 6 months. I feel if you want the vaccine get it. If you don’t want the vaccine until proven out you shouldn’t be forced to take it. I truly don‘t feel this is right to mandate an experimental vaccine be implemented on employees or the general public. Some articles suggest the spiked protein builds up in the ovaries and could cause infertility. There’s also a basis for myocarditis and in people with over reactive immune systems causing different auto immune responses such as myalgia. like stated earlier, based on what the CDC is saying the unvaccinated should only be a risk to themselves so if that is the case. Why force it? The vaccinated should be safe. Also a virus normally wouldn’t want to kill the host or it won’t survive long and if it does it would then mutate to being weaker not stronger virus unless being pressured by something to become stronger like an unsuccessful leaky vaccine. Many scientists, including the one who was a founding scientist on the mRNA vaccines agree that it should not be in wide distribution until vetted. It is my understanding prior corona virus vaccines failed and couldn’t pass FDA requirements and I’m not sure what makes these new ones different other than timing. However the general media and current administration are opposed to that thought process and putting full course pressure to take the vaccine before being vetted out. Anyways sorry for the long post. I’m trying to see if this is just me or what people are feeling or maybe just vent. I feel most on the board are educated. The forced vaccination is truly bothering me and I want to see what people are thinking. I appreciate all serious posts. I hope someone can provide some sort of sunshine or proof that the vaccines are working rather than just the ones where if you are vaccinated you didn’t count in the numbers. Right now I feel like I’m about to be forced to take an epic fail to provide for my family and kids. I have 4…. Anyways i hope you all are healthy, safe and gainfully employed.
Im with you should be your choice.

BBTown Bomber

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Scottsbluff, NE

* Problems with forced vaccinations - “Yes”

* Problems with paragraph usage - “Yes”

franzix

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 25, 2003
I feel most on the board are educated.

This is not the case.

That said, I'm surprised grammar nazis haven't killed you for that last paragraph.

Nevermind, BB came for you.

iruletheskool

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2010
Agree with you, OP. Thankfully my employer stated it would not be required (for now at least).

~gbr

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)

You don't have a right to your job. Your employer does not have to employ you if they don't want to, for whatever reason they want. If you don't like it get another job. Go spread your covid to other people on your own time.

Start your own business where you let people make the retarded decision to not be vaccinated if you don't like it.

Husker_in_OK

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Aug 7, 2005
Omaha

100% agree with you. I dread the day If I'm ever compromised to make that decision to keep my job. I have the ability to work from home and have been for the last 17 months. Common sense would say that if you're working from home 100% of the time, the vaccine shouldn't be required .. but common sense seems to lack these days. Wish you the best

Last edited:

whiteshoes97

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
You don't have a right to your job. Your employer does not have to employ you if they don't want to, for whatever reason they want. If you don't like it get another job. Go spread your covid to other people on your own time.

Start your own business where you let people make the retarded decision to not be vaccinated if you don't like it.
Your first paragraph isn’t really accurate

zar45

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2016

If I thought my company was trying to sterilize me and put my family in jeopardy I'd find a new job.

realbp

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 22, 2017
All OUT on Frost

You lost me at "unproven". To think it's unproven means you aren't receiving facts.

I hope you remain at the company and are required to get vaccinated so other people can't potentially be affected by you and your wife's stupidity.

tb233

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2017
100% agree with you. I dread the day If I'm ever compromised to make that decision to keep my job. I have the ability to work from home and have been for the last 17 months. Common sense would say that if you're working from home 100% of the time, the vaccine shouldn't be required .. but common sense seems to lack these days. Wish you the best

Your second to last sentence could not be more accurate and ironic. Common sense says get the vaccine.

jbskers

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Sure if you wanted to. As long as you don’t tell them that’s the reason. That’s the thing with at-will states, they don’t have to give you a reason.
something a liberal would definitely do

HUSKERinLA

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007

The vaccine is not untested. The vaccine has been extensively tested.

The vaccine is not unproven. The vaccine is extremely proven.

Only an idiot would claim otherwise.

An employer has a right to require vaccination as term of employment. If you don’t like the mandate, you have the freedom to quit.

Also, you sound like a f**king moron.

OneBadHuskerFan

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2014
Austin, TX

In the time it took you to write this book you could have just gone out and gotten a vaccine shot and been done with the bullshit.

Husker Hank

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2009

You are just an ass from the moment you get up, until the time you fall asleep, and the rest of the time you are a sleeping ass.

You deserve everything life throws at you, and karma is always a constant.

scopeandtime

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2016

863ad0ba3248c21af626b8868d3e268a.gif

Reactions: HUSKERinLA

Huskermatt23

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2017
Seattle
You have a choice... its to get the vaccine or get a new job. Private companies can refuse to do business with you if you don't want to comply with their policies as long as their policies are legal. Just like the sign on the front door of most restaurants say, no shirt, no shoes... no service. I'm sure the shirtless, shoeless hippy complains about that all the time. Courts have already ruled that it is legal for companies to mandate vaccines as a condition of employment.

jbskers

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
The vaccine is not untested. The vaccine has been extensively tested.

The vaccine is not unproven. The vaccine is extremely proven.

Only an idiot would claim otherwise.

An employer has a right to require vaccination as term of employment. If you don’t like the mandate, you have the freedom to quit.

Also, you sound like a f**king moron.
so is the testing bad or the vaccine bad because vaxxed people keep testing positive

N_enigma

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2003
so is the testing bad or the vaccine bad because vaxxed people keep testing positive
Not having a football season because unvaxxed idiots incubated a variant is bad everything else is lazy bullshit.

Reactions: realbp

Huskermatt23

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2017
Seattle
I know you have a simple mind so its hard to wrap your head around this, but you can still catch a virus with a vaccine, no vaccine is 100% efficacy. What it does do is reduce the chance of catching it, or having the negative symptoms. You can have the vaccine, catch covid, but show no symptoms now and still spread it to unvaccinated people.

huskerNdc

Blackshirt
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004

...and over 95% of people hospitalized and 98+% of those dying right now are unvaccinated... so you can still get it, but the bad outcomes are DRASTICALLY reduced.

As to the, '...first they said this, then they said that...' You say you have a chemistry degree. Well, that is how science works. The situation is dynamic. The virus is mutating. Test rates are changing. If we went with our first 'scientific decisions' we would still be claiming the world is flat.

Intelligence is being able to admit that new information may change your conclusions and adapt to it.... Or, you can double down on the first conclusion like some appear to want to do.

lolwat

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2016
Company may also be looking to shovel off liability. If they don't have a policy that says you need to be vaccinated.. you show up to work, get the rona at work, go to the hospital, get out 2 weeks later, develop erectile disfunction and other long hauler symptoms.. next thing you know you can take them to court because you can't get a rod anymore.

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
I know you have a simple mind so its hard to wrap your head around this, but you can still catch a virus with a vaccine, no vaccine is 100% efficacy. What it does do is reduce the chance of catching it, or having the negative symptoms. You can have the vaccine, catch covid, but show no symptoms now and still spread it to unvaccinated people.
Why do you try. Dude still thinks my pillow man is saving the union

jbskers

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
...and over 95% of people hospitalized and 98+% of those dying right now are unvaccinated... so you can still get it, but the bad outcomes are DRASTICALLY reduced.

As to the, '...first they said this, then they said that...' You say you have a chemistry degree. Well, that is how science works. The situation is dynamic. The virus is mutating. Test rates are changing. If we went with our first 'scientific decisions' we would still be claiming the world is flat.

Intelligence is being able to admit that new information may change your conclusions and adapt to it.... Or, you can double down on the first conclusion like some appear to want to do.
so why are you worried then?
Relax, have a beer