ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Chamonix & Geneva

The Chamonix Valley has 5 different resorts, and includes some of the best big mountain terrain in the world if you have the skill. The tram to Aguille du Midi is phenomenal. I live in Colorado and have skied all over the western US and there is nothing that compares to that tram and that experience.

The town of Chamonix is only at about 3,000 feet elevation - by comparison Scottsbluff is higher. So snow conditions vary significantly given the significant elevation differences you will experience at those resorts.

The Chamonix Valley has 5 different resorts, and includes some of the best big mountain terrain in the world if you have the skill. The tram to Aguille du Midi is phenomenal. I live in Colorado and have skied all over the western US and there is nothing that compares to that tram and that experience.

The town of Chamonix is only at about 3,000 feet elevation - by comparison Scottsbluff is higher. So snow conditions vary significantly given the significant elevation differences you will experience at those resorts.
Good to hear. I grew up in Colorado as well and have skied all over the world and really getting fired up for this trip. Bucket list for me for sure.

Colorado Springs - Palmer Park Area

Pwb6kxU.jpg

Y8PuVTi.jpg

Aww sweet!! This is my Borealis Echo...made in Colorado Springs!!! Taken on my ride last night no less :) Love that area, my wife grew up in CO and went to CSU. LOVE that state, wish to retire in the mountains there.

Good to hear. I grew up in Colorado as well and have skied all over the world and really getting fired up for this trip. Bucket list for me for sure.
As you may know, the Chamonix resorts are currently covered under the Ikon Pass so that is probably the best route to go for ski passes if you are going to ski at least a few days. But since your looking at next season you'll want to confirm its still covered, and you'll probably have to buy the premium Ikon pass to avoid blackout dates since you're going during the holidays. Bucket list trip no doubt.

Anyone been? Heading there for Christmas and looking to see which ski resort may be the best or any other places to see close to the area.

Vallée Blanche! If you are in shape, hire a guide and do it. Something like 12.5 miles from the top of Aiguille du Midi to the rail station. I would love to ski the Haute Route someday but this is the closet thing in my opinion. Walking down the "arete" is nuts. Sublime views.
8ec7a1ef-vallee-blanche-arete.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT