ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Buying concert tickets via CraigsList

otismotis08

Head Coach
Jan 5, 2012
parts unknown
Anyone have good/bad experiences buying concert tickets on Craigslist?
How do you protect yourself from ripoffs?
I'm trying to get several tix for the upcoming Rush show in Seattle.

I did find some options there, just wondering if craigslist is going to be worth looking into.
Probably safer in Nebraska, but I was robbed buying tickets for Elton John in New York City. Ticketmaster has no way to verify tickets are real (intentionally so they don't have to compete with the street market.)

I forked over several hundred in cash to a seller and was left with nothing in return. The tickets looked legit. He had a fake receipt as well.

After that botched transaction, I vowed to never buy tickets from Craigslist again.

Dont do it...no guarantees...Ive been ripped off before from there....dont get prostitutes from there either ..stubhub is the way to go....for tickets

I used CL in the past twice for concert tickets and had no issues, but I know a number of people who have been ripped off trying to buy on CL. OTOH, I have only used stubhub for sports tickets and never had an issue, and I know a couple of people who used stubhub with no problem for concerts in Denver.

StubHub is the way to go. It may not be the cheapest, but they guarantee that you won't get ripped off. I called an individual about something for sale and the guy gave me an address for an abandoned house in a really bad area. I do my research before going anywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT