ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bruce Springsteen in Nebraska?

VandallHuskerJulie

First Team All-Big Ten
Oct 13, 2001
Seriously, where are the board air port super sleuths?
"The chartered jet landed at the Hastings airport early Sunday, after a three-hour trip from New Jersey.
And then the rumor took off.
Fueled by photos on Facebook, south-central Nebraskans were quick to identify the mystery visitor.
“Bruce Springsteen came into Hastings yesterday.”

https://omaha.com/news/state-and-re...cle_51712fa6-14af-5fc4-a60e-4c6ba104880e.html

220px-Bruce_Springsteen_-_Nebraska.jpg

Seriously, where are the board air port super sleuths?
"The chartered jet landed at the Hastings airport early Sunday, after a three-hour trip from New Jersey.
And then the rumor took off.
Fueled by photos on Facebook, south-central Nebraskans were quick to identify the mystery visitor.
“Bruce Springsteen came into Hastings yesterday.”

https://omaha.com/news/state-and-re...cle_51712fa6-14af-5fc4-a60e-4c6ba104880e.html
Love his music BUT another climate change hypocrite flying around the country in a carbon emitting private jet. Celebrities are particularly good at that.

I liked spruce green beans as a entertainer, especially in the 70's
but for sanity purposes I disconnect the political from celebrities I like.
I liked midnight run and goodfellas, but not dinero's political views on somethings.
as a calvinist (original American), I'm not down with the left communism, or the right ary randism

I love his music...i HATE it when people threaten to leave the country if 'they don't get their way'...

Having said that...LOVED the Campbell/Blue Hill/Red Cloud area in my two years there...Excited he passed through...

Reactions: Bart Man
He has a few good songs I really like, and a lot I don't care for. He is talented but I don't think he deserves all the accolades he's received.

Sadly he is a typical celebrity hypocrite. Claims to be in favor of the blue collar man, but would shut down every blue collar job and continue to fly around in his private jet. No thanks.

Love his music BUT another climate change hypocrite flying around the country in a carbon emitting private jet. Celebrities are particularly good at that.
LOL. No one cares as much about keeping down emissions as RedCap. :)

Good grief. What a crabby board.

Guess it won't be long before the conspiracy theories come out.
No conspiracy with me Julie. But here is one of his lyrics:

‘Now Main Street's whitewashed windows and vacant stores
Seems like there ain't nobody wants to come down here no more
They're closing down the textile mill across the railroad tracks
Foreman says "These jobs are going, boys
And they ain't coming back
To your hometown."’

It seems hypocritical that a guy who sings a lot about working men and women, factories closing and unions, etc. so roundly hated a President who took actions to help working men and women, keep factories and bring them back, and had widespread rank and file union support. In my way of thinking, his philosophy is more about dogma than people's welfare and that just sucks.

I don't agree with the man's politics necessarily, but he is among history's top 3 or 4 showmen when it comes to getting on stage and leaving you exhausted and speechless. He is still pumping out great music (listen to the songs of Letter to You which he just released). His music runs the gamut from the silly fun of Rosalita...to the angry mantra of Born In the USA... to the epic storytelling of Jungleland...to the spirtual Land of Hope and Dreams. Nobody (save for possibly Dylan) has the vast catalog of music of this guy. And nobody puts on a better show for your money.

Reactions: Lincoln gopher
Used to like him, been to a concert. One day I was listening to Born in the USA and thought to myself.....this song sucks. Not sure how I liked him before. Much better artists out there.

I don't agree with the man's politics necessarily, but he is among history's top 3 or 4 showmen when it comes to getting on stage and leaving you exhausted and speechless. He is still pumping out great music (listen to the songs of Letter to You which he just released). His music runs the gamut from the silly fun of Rosalita...to the angry mantra of Born In the USA... to the epic storytelling of Jungleland...to the spirtual Land of Hope and Dreams. Nobody (save for possibly Dylan) has the vast catalog of music of this guy. And nobody puts on a better show for your money.

Prince says "Hello!" (or would if he were still alive). :) If there were an actual ranking, Prince would be #1-#5 - and then maybe you can start considering others...

Never got the fascination with Springsteen, or Dylan (and others of that genre), but that's just me.

LOL at all the butthurt over a musician. I heard he stopped in Nebraska just to piss off Husker Board members.

"Meet me tonight in Atlantic City!"
2 things odd about the dude from back in the day. 1. He would change his voice when talking to Clarence Clemons to sound more street.(seemed demeaning and racist). 2. He picked Patti S over Julianne Phillips

Prince says "Hello!" (or would if he were still alive). :) If there were an actual ranking, Prince would be #1-#5 - and then maybe you can start considering others...

Prince would be top 5 for sure. I'd also put the Stones in that group, probably Elvis (in his prime), Springsteen and hmmmmm....who else?

I like the boss and his music. As a nurse though, I always thought he had throat cancer or a lump in his throat due to the raspy voice he has. :D I also try not to know too much about the political side of people, because no matter what, everyone’s views will be a little different from yours which most of the time ends in disappointment and a skewed way of viewing them forever. Case in point see above

"Bruce Springsteen—notorious for avoiding ad appearances—might finally be in a big one: The Boss appears poised to star in Jeep’s Super Bowl ad.

Local media reports out of Nebraska documented his travels in the state in recent days that appear to be related to shooting a Big Game ad for the car brand. NTV, an ABC affiliate in the state, on Wednesday cited a now-deleted tweet from an airport in Hastings, Nebraska that stated “Bruce ‘The Boss’ Springsteen lands in Hastings to film a Jeep commercial in Blue Hill for the Super Bowl,” referring to a small town south of the city."

https://adage.com/article/special-r...ce-springsteen-be-jeeps-super-bowl-ad/2311496

Reactions: keilwitzg and WHCSC

Admittedly, I am not a big concert goer. But, I would rather go see a lot more artists/groups before even considering Springsteen. George Thorogood & The Destroyers are a similar brand, and they made much more appealing music. Lynyrd Skynyrd.

My general standard is: Do I continue to listen to the song when it comes on my XM radio. In addition to the above, would much rather see Queen, David Bowie, English Beat / General Public, Joe Jackson. Heck, would even rather see Gordon Lightfoot over Springsteen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT