ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Britney Spears doc

NebChicago

Senior
Oct 14, 2009
Anyone watch it? Absolutely sad and crazy what the paparazzi and terrible people did to her. Hoping she gets her dad kicked to the curb

Double featured it with the Woody & Farrow Doc. Rubbed one out during the intermission. Why do you ask, OP?

tenor.gif

I need to watch this because I am curious about her backstory. How does a married mother of 2, 38 years old not be able to run her own life? Doesn't seem to be an Amy Winehouse type.

If Jessica Simpson and Demi Lovato can keep it together, why can't Brit?

I forget which famous guy said it, but he said "When you first get famous, that is the age you are stuck at for the rest of your life, so if you get famous at 15, you will sort of be stuck at 15 forever"

It was sort of interesting.

I forget which famous guy said it, but he said "When you first get famous, that is the age you are stuck at for the rest of your life, so if you get famous at 15, you will sort of be stuck at 15 forever"

Same is said in addiction and alcoholism treatment facilities.
Age you began your addiction is your mental age, and will remain so until you do something to change it.

Similar to sex abuse survivors I would assume.

Reactions: countrybob
Age you began your addiction is your mental age, and will remain so until you do something to change it.

Great, with the way I abused my dong when I first discovered how fun it was...I am now stuck at 10.

Last edited:

Explains a lot about Michael Jackson and the whole Neverland, and bathing with Macaulay Caulkin thing.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
I need to watch this because I am curious about her backstory. How does a married mother of 2, 38 years old not be able to run her own life? Doesn't seem to be an Amy Winehouse type.

If Jessica Simpson and Demi Lovato can keep it together, why can't Brit?
Jessica Simpson looks like a dude.

• Sad
Reactions: TampaBaySkers

If people actually teach that, it’s one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard of.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
If people actually teach that, it’s one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard of.

At least with drug abuse and addiction, based on my experience in juvenile detention it seems pretty accurate anecdotally. Our residents, generally speaking, tended to be at about the functioning level/emotional maturity they were at when they either started using drugs or were first abused. Not the case for all of them, but I'd say it was the case for more of them than not.

It is not something you can really quantify well with research for obvious reasons, but it is pretty well accepted in the world of addiction counseling.

I don't think it is that they teach it, I think it is that they research it.

I could not imagine getting rich and famous at 16...I would have been an asshole for a good 20 years.

Anyone watch it? Absolutely sad and crazy what the paparazzi and terrible people did to her. Hoping she gets her dad kicked to the curb
I think there is more to the story that wasn't told in the documentary. But agreed, paparazzi (and others) were awful.

Same level of attention (ridicule) given to Princess Diana.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT