ADVERTISEMENT

OT Branson Yager already off the team?

Phil Steele had him on IFS list.

Interesting development. 18 year olds can often be a wildcard.

Recruiting out of a pandemic is always interesting, as well.
this is what I think of every single time you post:

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0.png

The Adventist faith sprung from the Millerites, who were convince the world would end on or before 1843. There were off by 178 years and counting. Mormonism was founded by a con man (or a persecuted prophet, if you are Mormon).

Reactions: RedMyMind
as a 5 point calvinist I can't see theological eye to eye with a mormon....
but marie osmond was a mormon....and I always liked her...
so it just something folks have to deal with, like mohammedans, witlesses, commies, scientologist etc...,
they all can't be of the elect.

If you were a victim of Mormon child sexual abuse or a part of their Satanic rituals, you may be entitled to compensation under a class action law suit.

The Adventist faith sprung from the Millerites, who were convince the world would end on or before 1843. There were off by 178 years and counting. Mormonism was founded by a con man (or a persecuted prophet, if you are Mormon).
JW's also spun off of the Millerite/Adventist movement. 1800s and the second great American Awakening period.

Reactions: cidsports
I lived in Salt Lake in the 90s. There are two types of Mormons. Practicing Mormons and Jack Mormons. Jack Mormons are cooler and have more fun. Salt Lake has a lot of Jack Mormons. Their theology does not make sense to me, but I met some nice people there.

Reactions: cidsports
But there are virtually zero Mormons his age in Lincoln, or at UNL. And they almost never date/marry outside their religion, which could make it a very difficult social environment for him here.

I'm sure it would also be very hard for a devout Catholic from small-town Nebraska, to fit in at BYU.
[/Q don't have slightest idea of what you're talking about. 🤪
But there are virtually zero Mormons his age in Lincoln, or at UNL. And they almost never date/marry outside their religion, which could make it a very difficult social environment for him here.

I'm sure it would also be very hard for a devout Catholic from small-town Nebraska, to fit in at BYU.
I'm LDS. You're clueless. 🤪

I wonder if he is going to do an LDS mission? Our coaching staff had to assure him that if he took a 2-year mission after high school, there would still be a scholarship waiting for him.

He's from a small Mormon town in Utah, so he might have had a hard time adjusting to an environment where nobody else shares his faith.
With Moos out don't know if there is much of a sheep connection.

Did he even ever make it to campus? He graduated early but apparently wasn't on the spring roster. He had expressed some past anxiety, related or not I have no clue.
I don’t think he ever came. His status was doubtful back in June. I guess it’s official now.
I don’t think he was recruited by Utah or BYU (token scholarship offer notwithstanding). My personal (probably crackpot) theory is that these kids who aren’t recruited by the big home state school don’t make it at NU in higher rates. So this isn’t a big loss.

ADVERTISEMENT