ADVERTISEMENT

OT-Bourbon drinkers?

Just got a 50 dollar bottle of Willett. Fancy bottle. Hints of caramel and vanilla. Smooth pour.
One of their bourbons just won some national award as best bourbon. Had Uncle Nearest at a friend's house a couple of weeks ago. Tasty.

Reactions: HBK4life
One of their bourbons just won some national award as best bourbon. Had Uncle Nearest at a friend's house a couple of weeks ago. Tasty.

Reactions: GaRed
https://thechive.com/2021/06/14/dri...ur-fav-holidays-national-bourbon-day-13-gifs/ Bourbon is America’s only native spirit. Declared by Congress in 1964, Bourbon must be made with a minimum of 51% corn, aged in charred oak barrels, stored at no more than 125 proof, and bottled no less than 80 proof.
Bourbon is an $8.6 billion industry in Kentucky, generating 20,100 jobs with an annual payroll of $1 billion.
GIF
Kentucky holds more than 1/3rd of all distilling jobs in the U.S., boasting an average salary of $95,000.
GIF
Kentucky’s iconic bourbon distilleries filled an incredible 2.1 MILLION barrels of Bourbon last year, the highest production ever and the 2nd straight year with 2 million barrels filled.
GIF
Production has increased more than 350% since 2000 with premium small batch and single barrel brands driving the renaissance.
GIF
There are 10 million barrels of Bourbon in Kentucky that are currently aging in order to be bottled at a later date. With a population of only 4.3 million people, there are more than 2 barrels of Bourbon for every person in the commonwealth.
GIF
Kentucky exported over $570 million in Bourbon and other spirits in 2019 with Japan, Spain, Canada, and Australia being the top export markets. The United Kingdom used to be on this list but has recently slipped due to tariffs.
GIF
In Kentucky, you don’t go wine tasting. Bourbon tourists made a record 1.7 million stops at Kentucky distilleries in 2019 and the Kentucky Bourbon trail attracted 1.3 million visitors.
GIF
It takes the entire commonwealth of Kentucky to make Bourbon. KDA distillers bought more than 9 million bushels of corn and other grains from Kentucky Farmers in 2017. For every one barrel of bourbon, you need 9 bushels of corn and 3 bushels of other grains.
GIF
Safety is no joke in Kentucky as distillers have delivered over 9,200 free rides to reduce impaired driving and prevented underage drinking by confiscating more than 1,000 fake IDs in 2018 and 2019.
3Yearsubs3-9.jpg

win
sync
cookie

Last edited:
Just got a 50 dollar bottle of Willett. Fancy bottle. Hints of caramel and vanilla. Smooth pour.
Willett Pot Still? Costco has had it for like $35 for awhile. People either love it or hate it. Personally, I think it is great. It is really smooth, but has great flavor.

Costco now has a 1.75L for under $100. Pretty cool bottle for sure.

Commercial plug for Omaha area bourbon fans - you might be interested in these adirondack chairs and table made from bourbon barrels. I have some and am biased as I know the maker, but I think they're awesome chairs and the curved barrel staves create what may be the most comfortable wooden chair I've sat in.

00t0t_bYU1BniWDqJz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Here's the link to the Craigslist ad for the chairs: https://omaha.craigslist.org/fuo/d/gretna-bourbon-barrel-adirondack-chairs/7336632553.html

For those of you in the Omaha area I highly recommend trying Soldier Valley.

It’s pretty pricey but it is very smooth bourbon and it’s 90 proof..

Reactions: aNUstart
For those of you in the Omaha area I highly recommend trying Soldier Valley.

It’s pretty pricey but it is very smooth bourbon and it’s 90 proof..
One nice thing about Soldier Valley is that they have bourbon and other whiskeys at various price points. Some you may have to go to the distillery to get.

Reactions: scarletred
Had a little too much Woodford Reserve double oak the other night at a friend's house. Wow did that go down easy.
Funny you mentioned that 😉I bought some today buying groceries, looking forward to trying it out tonight..

Commercial plug for Omaha area bourbon fans - you might be interested in these adirondack chairs and table made from bourbon barrels. I have some and am biased as I know the maker, but I think they're awesome chairs and the curved barrel staves create what may be the most comfortable wooden chair I've sat in.

00t0t_bYU1BniWDqJz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Here's the link to the Craigslist ad for the chairs: https://omaha.craigslist.org/fuo/d/gretna-bourbon-barrel-adirondack-chairs/7336632553.html
Do they make rockers

https://thechive.com/2021/06/14/dri...ur-fav-holidays-national-bourbon-day-13-gifs/ Bourbon is America’s only native spirit. Declared by Congress in 1964, Bourbon must be made with a minimum of 51% corn, aged in charred oak barrels, stored at no more than 125 proof, and bottled no less than 80 proof.
Bourbon is an $8.6 billion industry in Kentucky, generating 20,100 jobs with an annual payroll of $1 billion.
GIF
Kentucky holds more than 1/3rd of all distilling jobs in the U.S., boasting an average salary of $95,000.
GIF
Kentucky’s iconic bourbon distilleries filled an incredible 2.1 MILLION barrels of Bourbon last year, the highest production ever and the 2nd straight year with 2 million barrels filled.
GIF
Production has increased more than 350% since 2000 with premium small batch and single barrel brands driving the renaissance.
GIF
There are 10 million barrels of Bourbon in Kentucky that are currently aging in order to be bottled at a later date. With a population of only 4.3 million people, there are more than 2 barrels of Bourbon for every person in the commonwealth.
GIF
Kentucky exported over $570 million in Bourbon and other spirits in 2019 with Japan, Spain, Canada, and Australia being the top export markets. The United Kingdom used to be on this list but has recently slipped due to tariffs.
GIF
In Kentucky, you don’t go wine tasting. Bourbon tourists made a record 1.7 million stops at Kentucky distilleries in 2019 and the Kentucky Bourbon trail attracted 1.3 million visitors.
GIF
It takes the entire commonwealth of Kentucky to make Bourbon. KDA distillers bought more than 9 million bushels of corn and other grains from Kentucky Farmers in 2017. For every one barrel of bourbon, you need 9 bushels of corn and 3 bushels of other grains.
GIF
Safety is no joke in Kentucky as distillers have delivered over 9,200 free rides to reduce impaired driving and prevented underage drinking by confiscating more than 1,000 fake IDs in 2018 and 2019.
3Yearsubs3-9.jpg

win
sync
cookie
did litespeed take this picture...?

Just had a friend pick me up another bottle of Blanton's last week. I don't know how he does it. I think he must be doing something for the 60 something very unattractive liquor store manager at HyVee. He can always get the good stuff when nobody else can. I had been on "the list" for a bottle of Blantons for over a year........

Reactions: HBK4life
ADVERTISEMENT