ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Bitcoin

When the Fed talks, you should listen. The most appropriate quote: “Asset prices may be vulnerable to significant declines should risk appetite fall,” Governor Lael Brainard, one of the most influential members of the Fed’s board, said in the report.

Of course, this relates to the stock market as well. Tread carefully out there...

Margin call, gentlemen.

a98e99804960e388bc2d2cf3dd312055.jpg

Muskateer must have wanted back in at a bargain....he sure didn't do BTC any favors this week.
His tweet was pretty cryptic. Notice he said he wasnt going to sell any of Teslas BTC? and instead he would look at other cryptos? He just gave himself an excuse to buy a boatload of ETH.

Going to be a lot of people contemplating bad decisions this morning after they see their life savings tanked.

Reactions: bendog7
China just doing what it does, screw everyone else over. Don't think for a second they aren't buying hand over fist as they talk out of the other side of their mouth. This is a country that tanked the entire world's economy and health with the kung flu and thought nothing of it. Manipulating BTC is nothing compared to that.

Tuesday at 11:15 pm was 43,161 and Wednesday at same time was 41,659. Apparently your idea of up and mine is different.
You know what's funny. You claim people lost their life savings. What actually happened was market manipulation, and it recovered within hours. People like you make people lose their life savings. They read your doom and gloom bs, and freak out! Then lose out on a huge loss by fear selling. Yet you are going to act like I was wrong by pointing out it was nothing and you spreading BS FUD is okay?

Last edited:

When the Fed talks, you should listen. The most appropriate quote: “Asset prices may be vulnerable to significant declines should risk appetite fall,” Governor Lael Brainard, one of the most influential members of the Fed’s board, said in the report.

Of course, this relates to the stock market as well. Tread carefully out there...

Less than two weeks later . . .

Oh you think bitcoin going to $50k is the implosion?

Tomorrow is 2 months.
🍻

Crypto down over 50% across the board (Tesla also down nearly 40% from highs for those that doubted that). Charts do not look good at all. For your sake and the sake of the Husker fans that bought over $60k thinking it was going to $100k, I hope $30k is the bottom. Otherwise, the pain has only just begun.

Venmo, PayPal and Ebay are the latest to allow Bitcoin. It is just a matter of time before your Amazon's and Walmart's start allowing it. What else has to happen before you realize it isn't going to just disappear one day?

Edit: Let's see what Walmart reports on May 18th... then get back to me.

I know it's not your intention to watch fellow Husker fans go broke, but why do you post stuff like this and why do you believe it? These people are trying to take your money, not help you become rich.

Crypto down over 50% across the board (Tesla also down nearly 40% from highs for those that doubted that). Charts do not look good at all. For your sake and the sake of the Husker fans that bought over $60k thinking it was going to $100k, I hope $30k is the bottom. Otherwise, the pain has only just begun.
Clearly people (some) have made a fortune on Bitcoin.

I tossed 200 in Doge "just in case", if it goes crazy, great, if not, oh well.

Anyone that was buying 55K worth of Bitcoin, well, that just seems insane to me, considering in the end it is nothing.

If everyone held onto bitcoin the only people who have lost are people who have purchased the last 3-4 months.
Bitcoin has been considered dead many many times and is undefeated. It has claimed many scalps and will continue to do so.
It will come back up again, and with the dip we can potentially see higher levels this cycle. Things were probably overvalued.

I am not nervous at all. I am not looking to get rich tomorrow, that is not how it works.

A continuation of this theme after the 50%+ drawdown on crypto last week. From a speech given yesterday by the same above-quoted Fed official. Very pertinent part:

While distributed ledger technology may have the potential to improve efficiencies, increase competition, and lower costs, digital assets pose heightened risks such as those related to Bank Secrecy Act/anti-money laundering, cybersecurity, price volatility, privacy, and consumer compliance. The Federal Reserve is actively monitoring developments in this area, engaging with the industry and other regulators, and working to identify any regulatory, supervisory, and oversight framework gaps. Given that decisions at one banking agency can have implications for the other agencies, it is important that regulators work together to develop common approaches to ensure that banks are appropriately identifying, monitoring, and managing risks associated with digital assets.

"Distributed ledger technology," e.g., the blockchain.

Caveat emptor.

You know what's funny. You claim people lost their life savings. What actually happened was market manipulation, and it recovered within hours. People like you make people lose their life savings. They read your doom and gloom bs, and freak out! Then lose out on a huge loss by fear selling. Yet you are going to act like I was wrong by pointing out it was nothing and you spreading BS FUD is okay?
Yes, all that was, was the institutions driving down the price so they could take positions.

Reactions: GBRforLife1

I know man. Bitcoin is only up 327% in the last year. Terrible.

I'm sure some people bought at $60K but I doubt there is many. You were saying the same thing at $30K.

What were you saying from July 2015, 2016, 2017 to Jan 2018?

Here are the drops and increases during that time when it went to $19K. Today it's at $39K

BTC1-637412935955074797-637420022641957320.png

People have 2 regrets with crypto:

1. They didn't buy sooner.
2. They didn't hold longer.
I think that is fair.

I get people that don't like big reaches when it comes to investments but I don't there is anyone that wishes they didn't put 200 dollars into Bitcoin when it first came out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT