ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Bitcoin

Has anyone actually USED crypto? I don't mean purchased it, I mean used it to buy something. I have not. I have just bought it.

Has anyone actually USED crypto? I don't mean purchased it, I mean used it to buy something. I have not. I have just bought it.
I don't know about you, but I live in Nebraska. This state is the last one to ever adopt new trends. If the local places ever start accepting it I would. Banks are just now starting to accept it, the rest will follow soon. Then the question will be just like this, "man how did we ever live without the debit card?" I still remember the Seinfeld Commercial. Only this time it will be with bitcoin barcodes.

I don't know about you, but I live in Nebraska. This state is the last one to ever adopt new trends. If the local places ever start accepting it I would. Banks are just now starting to accept it, the rest will follow soon. Then the question will be just like this, "man how did we ever live without the debit card?" I still remember the Seinfeld Commercial. Only this time it will be with bitcoin barcodes.
Totally forgot about those commercials!

Look up Cardano... and actually pay attention to what they are doing. They are working with the "government" in African countries to get 5 Million Students on their Blockchain. That is just the start of their journey. If you'd actually pay attention to what each one is about, and you may learn a thing or two.

I'm sure your financial advisor may be telling you they are all "Danger City". The truth is they aren't all hype, some are being made to change the world. I understand that Bitcoin is what it is, but the cryptocurrencies have come a LONG way since Warren Buffet called it a bubble in 2014. I was where you were at right now not long ago, and I really wish I would have got in a long time ago.

As for people like Warren Buffet... He isn't getting into it because he doesn't understand it. If he doesn't understand it he doesn't want to make move in the market. There is a 2.4 Trillion dollar market cap, there is a reason your Elon Musk's and Mark Cuban's are joining in the fun.
Warren refused to badmouth it last week at the annual meeting. Munger called it the worst development of all time. The very next question he was effusively praising the Chinese communist dictatorship! You can’t make this stuff up.

Now I know how so many kids got rich off of crypto. They had PT jobs or used Bday cash and invested it and got lucky. Amazing.

Yep and now folks are investing “free” money from uncle sugar and probably cleaning up. Easy to invest money you haven’t earned.

If you pay attention to what is going on, you will realize all crypto is DANGER city lol. Someone telling you that Bitcoin is gold does not make Bitcoin gold. I can tell you that my posts on the Husker Board are gold and limited in supply but that does not mean they are gold (they are and PM me if you want to buy some).
I got into bitcoin at 19 grand..and it's done well
but, I remember 700 dollar eth, 20 dollar bnb, 10 dollar kusama...etc....
so many have out performed btc.
but btc's raw power is interesting, cause dot may go down, or ada, or anyother coin...but it doesn't make the whole market go down..
only btc has that power, it a helluva thing to watch

You obviously have no clue on how supply and market cap work. Doge has unlimited supply, but right now they list 129,489,119,200 available coins.

In order for it to reach $1000 the market cap would have to be a 129 Trillion... yeah how much money is there in this world again?

NOT happening, bitcoin won't even hit that. I can see bitcoin hitting somewhere around gold like 11-15 trillion in 5 years

Unless you have the fed:

b1e.png

If you pay attention to what is going on, you will realize all crypto is DANGER city lol. Someone telling you that Bitcoin is gold does not make Bitcoin gold. I can tell you that my posts on the Husker Board are gold and limited in supply but that does not mean they are gold (they are and PM me if you want to buy some).
Better make all your posts NFTs just to be safe. Winking Winking

Banks won't fully go away, but they're going to lose a ton of market share. And everything is faster in the internet age.

I got into bitcoin at 19 grand..and it's done well
but, I remember 700 dollar eth, 20 dollar bnb, 10 dollar kusama...etc....
so many have out performed btc.
but btc's raw power is interesting, cause dot may go down, or ada, or anyother coin...but it doesn't make the whole market go down..
only btc has that power, it a helluva thing to watch
It’s alt season bro

Reactions: redwine65
Banks won't fully go away, but they're going to lose a ton of market share. And everything is faster in the internet age.
At some point, don't we expect the US government to step in and say 'we'll take it from here' with some sort of digital US dollar and the banning of others?

At some point, don't we expect the US government to step in and say 'we'll take it from here' with some sort of digital US dollar and the banning of others?
I imagine that the US government will attempt to make their own coin or try and take over. Possibly pull and FDR and try and confiscate all crypto (instead of gold).

But they don’t want a coin like Bitcoin, they don’t want a hard cap. They have to be able to manipulate it like fiat. So it won’t ever work.

I think they will make a digital dollar, and will need to keep the paper currency also (to keep the government honest)
it would be great to have a digital dollar, then you could see exactly where all the tax money goes to the penny, that would be great for transparency, and keep government agencies a lil more responsible with their spending habits...also, there's a way to keep the inflation incheck, if they made it like ampleforth. this way the goverment could have fair and honest scales.

I think bitcoin and the dollar can coexist just fine....I mean where do you cash out your bitcoin if the dollar is not there? bitcoin is not scalable enough to be a real currency, the sec already said it's a stored value asset, same as a snake series gun, remington, or bar of gold

Last edited:
I think they will make a digital dollar, and will need to keep the paper currency also (to keep the government honest)
it would be great to have a digital dollar, then you could see exactly where all the tax money goes to the penny, that would be great for transparency, and keep government agencies a lil more responsible with their spending habits...also, there's a way to keep the inflation incheck, if they made it like ampleforth. this way the goverment could have fair and honest scales.

I think bitcoin and the dollar can coexist just fine....I mean where do you cash out your bitcoin if the dollar is not there? bitcoin is not scalable enough to be a real currency, the sec already said it's a stored value asset, same as a snake series gun, remington, or bar of gold
I think the goal for the crypto projects are to create a world where you can use a blockchain to pay and you don't have to "cash out" and be taxed on all your earnings

Reactions: redwine65

When the Fed talks, you should listen. The most appropriate quote: “Asset prices may be vulnerable to significant declines should risk appetite fall,” Governor Lael Brainard, one of the most influential members of the Fed’s board, said in the report.

Of course, this relates to the stock market as well. Tread carefully out there...

Look up Cardano... and actually pay attention to what they are doing. They are working with the "government" in African countries to get 5 Million Students on their Blockchain. That is just the start of their journey. If you'd actually pay attention to what each one is about, and you may learn a thing or two.

I'm sure your financial advisor may be telling you they are all "Danger City". The truth is they aren't all hype, some are being made to change the world. I understand that Bitcoin is what it is, but the cryptocurrencies have come a LONG way since Warren Buffet called it a bubble in 2014. I was where you were at right now not long ago, and I really wish I would have got in a long time ago.

As for people like Warren Buffet... He isn't getting into it because he doesn't understand it. If he doesn't understand it he doesn't want to make move in the market. There is a 2.4 Trillion dollar market cap, there is a reason your Elon Musk's and Mark Cuban's are joining in the fun.

Respectfully, I don't think you were ever where I am at right now. I think you might end up here one day though. I was once very much on the crypto train. I still see a few crypto projects where the use case and ideas are thought-provoking, but the price metrics are outside of my realm of expertise and knowledge.

Live Peer Token is one of the interesting ones to me. Offloading transcoding computations to "miners" and letting streaming services pay for those computations using their token sounds like an actual use case with a future. But would it really be better and more cost-effective to distribute these computations to outsiders? If I knew precisely how much Netflix, Amazon, and Google paid for these operations, it might be worth taking a further look.

And your quote about Elon Musk is quite off-base. Here is your boy just yesterday calling crypto "speculation" and making another warning about investing in it:

So it sounds like Elon does understand crypto, but likely not in the same way that you are thinking about it.

When the Fed talks, you should listen. The most appropriate quote: “Asset prices may be vulnerable to significant declines should risk appetite fall,” Governor Lael Brainard, one of the most influential members of the Fed’s board, said in the report.

Of course, this relates to the stock market as well. Tread carefully out there...
And with 620 trillion dollars in derivatives out there, that would make the global economy completely implode.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT