ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Bitcoin

Do you use Coinbase? That is what I use but have been thinking of switching. Binance gives 8-10% for staking.

I should clarify, I’ve had a problem with Coinbase, they don’t have smaller tokens available. Cardano, VEChain, etc. That’s been a real pain.

Headline I just saw....

Nigeria orders banks to crack down on cryptocurrencies

Are they serious? I'm still waiting on my $10,000,000 from that prince who went into hiding and wants to share his wealth with me after I wired him my bank account information.......crack down on that first please!!!!!

I should clarify, I’ve had a problem with Coinbase, they don’t have smaller tokens available. Cardano, VEChain, etc. That’s been a real pain.
I bought some Cardano on Binance a few days ago and it is up. It is a very interesting project... even though there is a lot of clickbait out there associated with it as an "ETH KILLER"

Reactions: GretnaShawn
I used the exodus wallet, to trade for vechain (vet) then it just sat there doing nothing, you would think a blockchain used for china shipping might take off a bit. but they seem to gouge a person using ethereum to trade, bitcoin seems to cost less to trade.

you guys use coin base pro right 0.5% transaction? not coin base 1.5% transaction?

voyager has alot of different coins

I've been waiting on Binance to verify my account for 3 weeks now.
Took them 2 weeks to reply to one of my messages. I took my money to crypto.com and then moved on from there.

$egld is paying ~8%... Also probably go to $1000 some time this year.

If you're willing to jump throu some hoops $orn is paying 20% on kucoin.

Buy those 2 and you will be retired in 5 years.

5% chance of going bonkers.

95% chance of going to $.03ish first
remind me to hold onto egld, I rode it up a lil way, then watched it flatten out, and watched it some more, then got back into bitcoin and egld shot up again...sometimes it's difficult to have patience in crypto when you see other different coins shoot up daily. I'm back into it egld now :cool:

Reactions: GBRforLife1
You can't even buy egld anywhere, can you?
Crypto.com you can and binance and binance.us

It will be on coinbase in the next month or 2.

Egld will likely go to $1000s.

Do not sell any time soon. I recommend holding for 5+ years. Download Maiar app. Staking rewards will be coming to that as in the next month or so as well where you will earn interest on your egld.

You can also stake your egld at wallet.elrond.com and earn 7%+ currently.

Expected to go up to 20%+ ish for some time when staking is released in the app. That number is not definite and it won't last forever.

Later, allegedly, stakers of egld will be paid network usage fees. Amt unknown.

You're in a much smaller camp.

Bitcoin is going to overtake the gold and the dollar and the government. Just like retail traders via Gamespot were going to overtake the hedge funds and Wall Street and the rich.

Is that your play?

If not, could you explain what adoption is going to take place?

Gamestop was a week. Bitcoin has been around for a decade and relevant for years. They aren’t even close to the same things.

Gamestop has been around for longer than a decade and has been relevant for years.

Speculation is speculation, whether it takes a week or a decade.

Bitcoin is going to overtake the gold and the dollar and the government. Just like retail traders via Gamespot were going to overtake the hedge funds and Wall Street and the rich.

Is that your play?

Blockchain is a distributed digital ledger. Through cryptography and decentralization, blockchain technology has the properties of permanence, transparency, and neutrality. Many companies have adopted blockchain tech to manage supply chains and for transactions and international transactions.

Ethereum, for one, is a blockchain technology that allows for smart contracts. Smart contracts are just programs for transparent self executing transactions. There are lots of interesting applications built using the Ethereum blockchain and smart contract. When you make transactions on the Ethereum blockchain, you burn ether.

A quick Google search showed there tons of different companies using it in some fashion...

JPMorgan Chase announced that it had successfully tested an experimental digital token known as JPM Coin for transferring international payments as cryptocurrency between some of its corporate clients. According to JPMorgan, the network used is a private version of the popular Ethereum blockchain.

American Express has also used the Hyperledger fabric to create a blockchain-based rewards network. The idea is that consumers are able to make purchases that net them "points," which are essentially logged in token form on the blockchain. Not only does utilizing blockchain virtually eliminate the loss and error associated with paper-based reward programs, but it should help keep users loyal to specific businesses operating this ledger.

It’s all pretty fascinating.. definitely speculative but it’s not tulips or retail meme stocks

Is that your play?

Bitcoin is 1st, and it has a place, but I don't think it will end up being the mainstream adoption.

The network is too slow and other cyptos like egld are building more of an ecosystem.

We'll see. Next 5 years will be awesome.

Blockchain is a distributed digital ledger. Through cryptography and decentralization, blockchain technology has the properties of permanence, transparency, and neutrality. Many companies have adopted blockchain tech to manage supply chains and for transactions and international transactions.

Ethereum, for one, is a blockchain technology that allows for smart contracts. Smart contracts are just programs for transparent self executing transactions. There are lots of interesting applications built using the Ethereum blockchain and smart contract. When you make transactions on the Ethereum blockchain, you burn ether.

A quick Google search showed there tons of different companies using it in some fashion...

JPMorgan Chase announced that it had successfully tested an experimental digital token known as JPM Coin for transferring international payments as cryptocurrency between some of its corporate clients. According to JPMorgan, the network used is a private version of the popular Ethereum blockchain.

American Express has also used the Hyperledger fabric to create a blockchain-based rewards network. The idea is that consumers are able to make purchases that net them "points," which are essentially logged in token form on the blockchain. Not only does utilizing blockchain virtually eliminate the loss and error associated with paper-based reward programs, but it should help keep users loyal to specific businesses operating this ledger.

It’s all pretty fascinating.. definitely speculative but it’s not tulips or retail meme stocks

I know what blockchain is very well. You actually covered my skepticism when you wrote about JPMorgan Chase and AmEx creating their own blockchain projects. There is nothing binding you to the Bitcoin/Ethereum projects. A virtual database is a virtual database. Assigning a price to it and being hypervigilant in telling others that it is going to go up in price is very much the same page out of the Gamestop playbook that we just witnessed.

There are also no guarantees that blockchain will be completely adopted. Do you believe the banks and the US government really want more "permanence, transparency, and neutrality" in their operations?

IBM looks to have already decided that it's not worth it.

Whether one believes in bitcoin or cryptocurrency or not, I think you're doing yourself a disservice by not at least having some exposure to it in any portfolio.

Right now, I'm buying dogecoin because of its popularity among millennials and zoomers. It's been trending off and on on twitter for more than a week. I was worried initially because it went up so much percentage wise so fast and then dropped that people would be discouraged by it and panic sell. It seems to have stabilized (obviously, this can change) but I'll be putting more into this and bitcoin over the coming paychecks so that I have a mixture of crypto and traditional stocks.

Gamestop has been around for longer than a decade and has been relevant for years.

Speculation is speculation, whether it takes a week or a decade.

It was a short squeeze. Bitcoin isn’t a short squeeze play. You get that right? It’s important to me you see the difference in the two scenarios.

Whether one believes in bitcoin or cryptocurrency or not, I think you're doing yourself a disservice by not at least having some exposure to it in any portfolio.

Right now, I'm buying dogecoin because of its popularity among millennials and zoomers. It's been trending off and on on twitter for more than a week. I was worried initially because it went up so much percentage wise so fast and then dropped that people would be discouraged by it and panic sell. It seems to have stabilized (obviously, this can change) but I'll be putting more into this and bitcoin over the coming paychecks so that I have a mixture of crypto and traditional stocks.

Dogecoin was created as a joke. That's why Musk keeps memeing it.

It's your money, do what you want, but there are actual projects that have utility.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT