ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Bitcoin

Forgive me if I have missed this... Does anyone have guidance on picking a short term (this year) exit from BTC/IBIT? I am looking at this as a momentum play for now.

This bull rally should continue for at least the rest of this year. Start planing an exit in Dec if you subscribe to dsmalls outlook

Reactions: Streamer15
Solana to the 🌙! Good call @dsmalls3

Hell yeah brother. Love to see other Huskers winning. You should be coming up close to a 3x at this point.

I can tell you this: Ethereum is in the shitter from a UE perspective and will draw zero new users this cycle. Solana will continue to outpace Eth in every way. The gas fees on Eth are averaging $75-$100/transaction, and the layer 2s are not picking up any traction and are all competing with one another. I think Coinbase will eventually release a Base token on their L2, and this could do extremely well. But won’t drop until later 2024.

I’d sit right and expect another 3-5x from here but with a lot of turbulence. Only possible recommendation, would be take some of those Solana profits and dump into AVAX and you can thank me doubly later. Maybe like 20-25% allocation.

AVAX is currently at only a $23 billion market cap. Solana is at $90 billion, ETH at $432 billion. 3 of the most promising Web3 games are going to be dropping later this year on AVAX. AVAX bids are picking up and will continue to do so heavily through the rest of 2024. Could easily see AVAX as a 10x.

Will end this note I think the stock market has topped and there are no signs of inflation going down or priced in Fed rate cuts being allowed to happen. Think we see a equites correction that might feed into a continued drawdown for BTC of another 10-20% (it’s already down about 10% I believe). Whats awesome so far, is Solana doesn’t seem to care. :) It’s also totally possibly an equities drawdown does the opposite and boosts crypto. I’d say both options are possible, and so not best to bet your whole plan on either. The best option 99% for most people is to do nothing. You already did the most important thing was bought at low prices when 96% of the population still thought crypto was a scam.

DO NOT try and overtrade and time the market like I did with my IRA. Be ready for rocky volatility and possibly big drawdowns of 10-30%. Had I just stayed in my core SOL/AVAX position I’d be up another $80k by now, 1% fees have been killing me. I’ve been trying to be to smart. Compounded this could be close to $300-$400k this cycle Wish I could go back but you learn and eyes forward.. I was also shaken out twice, selling the bottom of a draw down, which is the worst mistake you can make.

Ive learned a ton this cycle and those lessons have cost me money, but overall you just have to be happy to be in. I’m in SOL and AVAX now, and some Doge (I know. When Eth surpasses last ATH, Doge is going to go nuts. Elon opens up Doge payments on X, same. Problem is when does this happen, and opportunity cost vs Solana and AVAX now) 40/39/34. Might take the 34 out of Doge, and look to enter on a red day. If I’ve learned my lesson, I’ll just sit right in my position and sell at a life changing amount of money in my IRA end of 2024/early 2025 and just be done with it.

BTC is showing a lot of weakness since last week. Tomorrow when ETC flows kick back in will be interesting to see what happens. The BTC charts are clearly starting to show lower highs and a downwards trend, the asset seemed very overextended at $73k.

If I’m you I’d recommend just sitting tight. The only option I’d possibly recommend is taking some profits and then reallocating to AVAX. Other than that, don’t overthink it and enjoy the ride. It will for sure get bumpy so be ready for it.

Also FWIW, historically the stock market during a populism driven election year has performed at 21%. I think the most likely scenario now, is we see an equities correction that is relatively minor, crypto take a bit of a hit, but then this gives the Fed the ammo they need to drop interest rates and continue pumping fiscal stimulus, as the small correction resets everything and tampers inflation data a bit. So we see a dip in Q1/Q2, followed by a recovery that is one of the most bullish markets we’ve seen since the 1920s for risk-on assets, including crypto. Eventually it all blows up, but everything is setting up for one hell of a ride in 2024 and up through 2025-2026, then it all blows up and follows the historical trend of an 18 year real estate cycle.

Last edited:
Reactions: SomedayHusker
Welcome. I got in the first time last December. I think BTC gets to 100k or more this year. 2025 is where there is disagreement about .. some say it will crash and repeat another cycle .

I will let you all know when I/O Fund starts selling their BTC.

You are welcome. I/0 Fund Advanced access was $600 (I highly highly recommend it for tech and crypto).

I’ll send my ETH and/or SOL addy for y’all to provide tips.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT