ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Biker Talk

Theolddog

Jan 22, 2019
The 98 fat boy got me thinking about bikes. 3rd bike I have owned currently on a 2009 stratoliner ((think road King) lol, wife let’s me get any bike I want but pay cash currently saving for a Indian Roadmaster. Next week if 45 degrees or higher going to leather up and practice social distancing. I got the cabin reserved for sturgis 80th.

Reactions: buffbills78
Any Patch Holders in this thread? This Patch Holder wants to know.

45 is a bit low for this wus.....give me mid 50's before I jump on my fat boy. BTW, has anyone on here ever ridden a fat boy? :Cool:

My FIL is a patch holder and the president of his club. I’m not into bikes. He’s follows the Packers since he lives in WI, but doesn’t know football to save his life. We don’t have a lot in common....

45 is a bit low for this wus.....give me mid 50's before I jump on my fat boy. BTW, has anyone on here ever ridden a fat boy? :Cool:
Assuming we are talking about machines, in 1993 I rode a Fat Boy and a Heritage. I actually liked the looks of the Fat Boy better and not having spoked wheels appealed to me. However, the bikes rode basically the same and the dealer encouraged me to get the Heritage for several reasons. Since I planned a lot of road trips the dealer said I would appreciate the bigger bags. He said the Heritage was $100 more (or something like that), but it came with a windshield, extra lights and other cool chrome covers and stuff. And finally he said when the Santa Anna WInds came the disk wheels on the Fat Boy caused that bike to blow across the lane more than a bike with spoked wheels. I don't know if that's true, but it made sense. So I got the Heritage and have had it since. I have the stock wheels on it and have never had trouble with them. When I change brakes I jiggle each spoke and if one gives, which is rare I tighten it. Every 20K or so I clamp a wood block to the fork and turn the wheel to check that it is true, and they always have been. Never had to adjust the spokes to true the wheels in over 200K miles.

I don't think very many women post on here. Also most in here bench about 400 while running 4.4, so not many fatties.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT