ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best Fast Food Chicken Sandwich

TampaBaySkers

Athletic Director
Oct 30, 2010
Just had PDQ’s Honey Butter Chicken sandwich and wow..

1. PDQ
2. Popeyes
3. Chick-fil-a

What say you?

Not sure if they are "fast food" even though they do prepare them very fast, but these are worth a try...
Daves Hot Chicken sliders
Get Real Sandwiches smoked chicken
Cheeseburgers chicken sanwich

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Laff

What’s PDQ?

Church’s has a pretty good sammie. It is big too.

Chick Fil A is the standard. Spicy deluxe. McDonalds is meh. BKs house chicken is hot garbage. Homeless people turn it down.

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
Church’s has a pretty good sammie. It is big too.

Chick Fil A is the standard. Spicy deluxe. McDonalds is meh. BKs house chicken is hot garbage. Homeless people turn it down.
I haven't tried Church's yet but I'm sure it should be good. It really is hard to mess up a chicken sandwich.
I sometimes get BK chicken parm but yeah, it's not great but at least its got red sauce and parm all over it.

In the late 90s, BK would sell their chicken sandwich for a dollar. We’d get blazed and I would eat 3 of them.

About 3 years ago I tried to eat some BK and couldn’t finish it.

In the late 90s, BK would sell their chicken sandwich for a dollar. We’d get blazed and I would eat 3 of them.

About 3 years ago I tried to eat some BK and couldn’t finish it.
Tried one recently. Been about 20 years. It was microwaved crap. Tossed it after two bites

Reactions: salsa red and c3o
I'm going to ruffle some feathers but I think Chick-fil-A is just ok. Had it years ago in an airport and wasn't impressed. My wife and kids have been bragging it up for a couple years after we got a semi-local location. So I gave it another shot last month. Still as average as I remember.

Give me Wendy's spicy chicken.

And BTW Culver's just plain sucks. Can't stand that flavorless place.

Just had PDQ’s Honey Butter Chicken sandwich and wow..

1. PDQ
2. Popeyes
3. Chick-fil-a

What say you?
I know you are in Tampa, but for the Omaha folks in here.

Beacon Hill in Aksarben

Craig's Soon to be Famous Chicken Sandwich is the best Chinken Sandwich I have ever had.

I know you are in Tampa, but for the Omaha folks in here.

Beacon Hill in Aksarben

Craig's Soon to be Famous Chicken Sandwich is the best Chinken Sandwich I have ever had.
Nice.. I’ll give it a try next time I’m in town.

Broncos. Not even close

My one and only experience with this fine cuisine was about 30(ish) years ago when I was fortunate enough to garner an all expense paid trip to the gray bar hotel in downtown Omaha, complete with a Chauferred ride in the back of an official city vehicle and they catered Bronco's for me (well, me and all my new friends in cell block C) for a fabulous continental breakfast the next morn....So that one meal kinda ruined that place for me ever since and I've never had another bite of their food....worse yet I don't even remember anything about the what or why. Haha. Tru dat.

i had the popeyes sandwich for the first time in a while the other day and the breading seemed like they changed the recipe. It was crumbly in an unpleasant way.

Is Broncos good? Ive seen it but never heard anything about it. Dont make it to omaha much but should I try it next time? Is their chicken good or just the burgers?

Too bad to hear about popeyes Ive never had their sandwich and have wanted to try.

Popeyes has potential the best, but I have had some not so good.
Chick-fil-a is good and is consistently good
If you don't have ether of these KFC can be a good alternative

Popeyes has potential the best, but I have had some not so good.
Chick-fil-a is good and is consistently good
If you don't have ether of these KFC can be a good alternative
The problem with Popeyes I think is that they don’t care how old the chicken is. It probably sits in the warmer for hours.

Chick-fil-A on the other hand is turning out fresh sandwiches every few minutes. Their drive-through is 10 deep or more most of the day. I think I read once that they make a new batch of fries every three minutes.

Popeyes has two or zero cars in line at any given time.

Is Broncos good? Ive seen it but never heard anything about it. Dont make it to omaha much but should I try it next time? Is their chicken good or just the burgers?

Too bad to hear about popeyes Ive never had their sandwich and have wanted to try.
Broncos is pretty good. For those that love it, I think it has more to do with nostalgia than quality. But it’s a pretty decent burger and fried chicken place. Has a nice old school feel.

Reactions: LightningJack
Whereas Popeyes has superior chicken and the red beans and rice are brilliant, KFC does have an edge in the most important side dish: mashed potatoes and gravy.

ive only had their burgers but they are p good. imo there arent many good burgers in omaha.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT