ADVERTISEMENT

OT bad dreams

otismotis08

Head Coach
Jan 5, 2012
parts unknown
Had an extremely vivid and gut wrenching nightmare last night. And I'm not the type who experiences these often. I have a pretty good idea what set it off, but I don't want to see the sequel. Having a tough time shaking it from my mind, probably not helped by the dark, gloomy rain this morning.

I took some medication for a while at one point in my life. Gave me the same reoccurring dream like a 100 times or more. Just played on a loop in my head and was crystal clear like 4K, never seemed to have a meaning though. Sometimes it takes more than a hot minute to shake if off, weirded me out for weeks even after it stopped completely.

Reactions: TarheelHuskerFan
I’ve had a couple of those while on melatonin. Typically I have more jacked up dreams the more tired I am (in a deeper sleep). I think that goes for most people.

I remember my dreams practically every night. Have since age 8. Get's old. Drugs help

I have really vivid dreams just about every night - it’s awful because most day’s I wakeup feeling mentally exhausted.

I have very vivid dreams almost every night. Not always bad dreams, but they do come and go. The worst are the bad dreams within a dream, where you wake up (but aren’t actually awake), and start mentally questioning if you are actually awake. Then the panic sets in and you eventually really wake up and your heart is racing.

Here's a question. Do you dream in color or black and white? I've heard it both ways. I dream in color

I rarely remember my dreams, but remember one from when I was a kid where there was a snake in my bed. I woke up to me standing next to my bed with all of my sheets off of my bed holding a baseball bat. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
Take Ambien or Chantix. Then you will know what a ****ed up crazy dream is.
Hydrocodone does it to me. The good news is that most of my dreams when I've had to take hydrocodone involved a beautiful young woman and unfortunately always end before the act is consumated. As I told a couple of buddies over drinks one night with our wives present, "I was in bed with a gorgeous woman last night making passionate love and then I woke up". The guys thought it was funny.... The change in expression on the wives' faces was priceless.

Reactions: LightningJack
I try to think of something else immediately after one of these. Thinking about it seems to just reinforce it in your memory. Grab a book off the nightstand, get up and do some work, anything to get your brain focused on something other than the dream.

Reactions: FLAGBR
I traveled overseas extensively and my dreams usually have me wandering around aimlessly totally lost in foreign countries. GBA/GBR

Had an extremely vivid and gut wrenching nightmare last night. And I'm not the type who experiences these often. I have a pretty good idea what set it off, but I don't want to see the sequel. Having a tough time shaking it from my mind, probably not helped by the dark, gloomy rain this morning.
You're not going to tell us what you dreamed?

When I was on mushrooms my former dog told me that we're living in a simulation... maybe your dream was your reality and this life is our dream!

• Wow
Reactions: huntered
take responsiblity for everything that has ever happened in your life. dont have to tell anyone. just keep it to yourself. when you do this, you now have control. easy to do yet hard not to slip back and start blaming others or the world. serious here. good luck. may try involving Christ in this for better results

I traveled overseas extensively and my dreams usually have me wandering around aimlessly totally lost in foreign countries. GBA/GBR
I used to have dreams about walking in to a class that I had been skipping to find that they were taking an exam that I thought was the next week. Might be because that actually happened to me once. I turned around quickly before the prof noticed me and called in sick. Thankfully those dreams have FINALLY ended.

I have very vivid dreams almost every night. Not always bad dreams, but they do come and go. The worst are the bad dreams within a dream, where you wake up (but aren’t actually awake), and start mentally questioning if you are actually awake. Then the panic sets in and you eventually really wake up and your heart is racing.
False awakening. I had that happen to me about 6 months ago and it made me question what was real for a couple of days. Since then, I became pretty curious about dreams and learned how to have lucid dreams, and bring back memories or experiences from when I was 2 or 3 years old. Kind of freaked my parents out when I was explaining details of a house that was torn down when I was 3.

I wouldn't recommend it. No idea if it's connected or not but since then I've started blacking out randomly and just find myself laying on the floor. I have no clue why, but I know it did something to my mind, mixing consciousness and subconscious.

I used to have dreams about walking in to a class that I had been skipping to find that they were taking an exam that I thought was the next week. Might be because that actually happened to me once. I turned around quickly before the prof noticed me and called in sick. Thankfully those dreams have FINALLY ended.
Dreams about not having homework finished or taking a test is so frustrating

Dreams about not having homework finished or taking a test is so frustrating

I recently had a reoccurring dream that I would forget to attend a certain class. I’m 9 years out of school and would still wake up, sit there and think about how I screwed up by skipping this class on my dreams.

I recently had a reoccurring dream that I would forget to attend a certain class. I’m 9 years out of school and would still wake up, sit there and think about how I screwed up by skipping this class on my dreams.
Im 16 years out. I always did great in school and tested great. Not sure why that dream recurs like that. I've had the same thing when in a dream playing guitar. Always a mess.

Im 16 years out. I always did great in school and tested great. Not sure why that dream recurs like that. I've had the same thing when in a dream playing guitar. Always a mess.
Maybe it will clear up when you get to Canada

I rarely remember my dreams, but remember one from when I was a kid where there was a snake in my bed. I woke up to me standing next to my bed with all of my sheets off of my bed holding a baseball bat. 😂
I don't think my similar experience would be considered a dream, but once as a teen while sleeping I was laying on my arm in way that made my hand numb. When I stirred to wake up, I rolled over and my hand drug across my stomach under the covers; I didn't realize it was my hand since I couldn't feel it, so in my half awake state I was convinced there was a rat in my bed. I thrashed around and of course that caused my hand to flop around under the covers more, further confirming that I was under attack. I fell out of bed, twisted up in the sheets and finally woke up looking madly around the room for the culprit.

When I was around 15 my dad came in to wake me up but i wasn't in bed and he panicked and started searching the house for me. Finally found me behind the bedroom door.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT