ADVERTISEMENT

OT:anyone on here watch Major League Fishing

huskerdrb

Sophomore
Gold Member
Feb 3, 2004
Piney woods of East Texas
So fun to watch!! I love to fish, but I fish for fun and to chill. Those guys are so good and fish so hard it’s a tough job, but if you like fishing it is well worth the watch.

Naw man, you must be thinking NBA.
Ok, relatively speaking.
those guys like to chase guides around without giving them pay or credit, and creep into spots people are already fishing in and act like they own the place. Not all, of course.
I never really thought of “pro fishing” as all that big of a deal...theres countless guides and amateur fishermen out there who could have just as much success as most current “pros” but they like having different jobs and just never really took the risk of being in a circuit or even considered tournament fishing for a living, etc.

It’s a tough business. It’s catch and release so they weigh every fish before letting it go. It has to meet a minimum weight to score. They have a computer score tracker keeping track of each anglers total weight caught. Lots of pressure if you aren’t catching fish and seeing other anglers run off and dust you. There are a lot of good fishermen that won’t leave home and try and a lot who have tried and gone home. But just try watching a tournament. It’s addictive to me. Even tho I know I couldn’t make it happen. I’d be siphoning gas and lots of lures

ADVERTISEMENT