ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone have experience with Kratom (herb)?

3andsomedust

Senior
Jul 5, 2001
I have anxiety issues and have read about the different strains of kratom (white, green, red) from different places of origin (Bali, Borneo, etc). I have yet to buy and try. I do believe it is legal to purchase as of now. The FDA has been lurking, but for now, I can buy and try.

Anyone have experience with kratom?

I don't have any experience with it, but do know that it can be pretty addicting with possible negative impact to your liver and kidneys.

Having said that, it's natural and probably not any worse for you than taking something that would be prescribed by your doctor.

I have a good friend who was involved heavily in that industry early in its infancy. She moved to Bali and worked for her boyfriend's Kratom company in procuring the herb. She got heavily addicted to it. She came home to the states only to die in the airport to organ failure associated with use of Kratom. STAY AWAY! Get some pot if you want an herb that helps with anxiety. That won't kill you.

bda48a11cd9783de0310bc28a594cec6.jpg

The raw plant is natural. The pills they sell are processed and nasty. More side effect than desired effect

I have anxiety issues and have read about the different strains of kratom (white, green, red) from different places of origin (Bali, Borneo, etc). I have yet to buy and try. I do believe it is legal to purchase as of now. The FDA has been lurking, but for now, I can buy and try.

Yes, I took it for several months. It is very addictive and tolerance goes up really fast so you keep needing to take more. Plus it doesn't work well at all unless you take it on an empty stomach. IMO take it in moderation or every once in awhile. It does help anxiety but it's not worth it to me.

IMO, I'd look at counseling and/or psychiatry before trying to self medicate. To be fair, my educational background is counseling so I'm probably biased, but if counseling can help remedy the issues that is often a more permanent solution than self medicating. Counseling attempts to address the cause where medicating just treats the symptoms. Just counseling won't work for everyone and some need to get into psychopharmacology, but if you can avoid that I'd try to whether its self-medicating with kratom or going to a psychiatrist. And, if phsyciatry is needed, I'd much rather have medical supervision of medication.

Last edited:
O.p, CBD products kinda work. Weed works for a lot of people. Xanax works like a charm, but you wont be yourself at all. Maybe a massive LSD dose to kill your ego and refocus your perspective, and potentially not worry about things as much anymore. Kinda kidding on the last part, not really

Tried it twice after a friend was deep into it. He eventually got off it.
1st time 1/2 dose with mild/little effect but pleasant I guess.
2nd time full dose made me sick and puke multiple times.
It has properties similar to Rx painkillers so it can make some nauseous.

Yeah- not my recommended source for whatever you’re looking for.

Reactions: dinglefritz

What type of diet are you on? - Don Colbert, MD

He might have some thoughts, as author of "Let Food be your Medicine"

Dietary changes proven to prevent or reverse disease!

Alprazolam, brother. Also addictive.

My recommendation would be CBD - just make sure you are getting it from a reputable company.

And if it's important to you, they make 0% THC options so no worries about failing a workplace drug test.

My wife is an advocate for and sales rep for Green Compass, an organic CBD company in North Carolina. Let me know if you want a sample or even set up a call for you with her. Check out their product list on their website as well.

I have no experience with Kratom but have battled some serious Anxiety Issues my whole life. A couple years ago I was turned onto Vitamin B3 with Niacin. Was a game changer for me. I haven't had any Anxiety/Panic Attacks since I started taking it. Read up on it and see what you think.

This is what I take. Costs me like $22 for 2-3 months worth. I take 2 pills along with a B Complex Vitamin that has 100mg B3 in the morning and good for the day. Sometimes if I am concerned I might be getting close to some issues I will take 2 more in the afternoon. If you do take it make sure you get the Niacin and not the Niacinide, which is a time release. From my experience that didn't work

Amazon product ASIN B0001VUOMM

Reactions: 3andsomedust
Buspar (prescription) helped me. I'm no longer on it and my anxiety is in check. Honestly, having a kid did wonders for me; put my issues into perspective and allowed me to focus on someone else and stop obsessing about myself and career.

The fact that convenience stores like Mega Saver advertise it and merchandise it next to all of their tobacco, drug paraphernalia, paper bag booze and boner pills told me all I needed to know about kratum.

The tea they make overseas is the shit that works. American stuff is gimmick. It's a mental battle, if you're not able to fight the battle alone, acknowledge and embrace the the anxiety, and get a script to go along with your new mindset and beat it. Dont think of any substance as a cure, they are crutches, even doctor prescribed medicine.

Hi dude, I've never heard of kratom before. I use cbd capsules to get rid of anxiety, it helps me a lot. I chose capsules because these are easier to use than cbd oil. You can take them with you anywhere and consume them whenever you want. I bought it from thehempire.com, but I warn you that quality cbd-based products are expensive. However, I think it's worth the money spent. From my own experience, I can say that these are good. It helps me a lot to get back to a normal life. I hope I helped you with something.

Last edited:
Just stop worrying all the time, that should help.

I kid. I have never heard of this stuff before.

The fact that convenience stores like Mega Saver advertise it and merchandise it next to all of their tobacco, drug paraphernalia, paper bag booze and boner pills told me all I needed to know about kratum.
You got a problem with 40’s and boner pills? That’s a Tuesday night at my house.

Reactions: BigO4WYO

I have experience taking care of a patient who was trying to kick an opioid addiction, used kratom as a substitute and eventually developed psychosis.

Overall, would not recommend.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Probably best to look at other options. Kratom should be more of a last resort for people who have tried many other options and not succeeded with them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT