ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone have any experience flying to Buenos Aires?

huskerfan66

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Dec 8, 2004
What's a good fare price? Round trip from Omaha $1570 for May 2019. Is that reasonable or should wait?

Everything I have read is that you can get the best prices 80 prior on international flights. True??

Thanks

What's a good fare price? Round trip from Omaha $1570 for May 2019. Is that reasonable or should wait?

Everything I have read is that you can get the best prices 80 prior on international flights. True??

Thanks
That’s a good price for economy or coach.
Another possibility is fly to Miami, stay over night, then take a non-stop to BA. Might be less & the trip won’t be so long/tiring.

Reactions: huskerfan66
You could save another $500 if you lived in Orlando, flights are cheaper down here ($968 in case you were curious)
You could do Disney World and Buenos Aires in one trip. That would be surreal.

That seems like a pretty good fare, provided the connections are not brutal. FWIW, Copa Airlines (which I've had very good experience with) is showing a roundtrip fare from Denver for $835, with a single connection in Panama City. So you might save a little bit hopping over to Denver on Southwest, then flying south from there. I wouldn't suggest it just for the fare difference, but might consider it if the connections are better. Copa is really good - it's kind of like going back in time and flying United back when they actually gave a crap about their passengers.

That seems like a pretty good fare, provided the connections are not brutal. FWIW, Copa Airlines (which I've had very good experience with) is showing a roundtrip fare from Denver for $835, with a single connection in Panama City. So you might save a little bit hopping over to Denver on Southwest, then flying south from there. I wouldn't suggest it just for the fare difference, but might consider it if the connections are better. Copa is really good - it's kind of like going back in time and flying United back when they actually gave a crap about their passengers.

I flown international with copa and it’s not the best. Maybe they changed I stopped taking them a few years ago. I’m sure it’s cheaper out of Miami (although around the airport sucks).

You could do Disney World and Buenos Aires in one trip. That would be surreal.
Unfortunately not for me. For one of my daughters who will be going there for stufy abroad next summer. She's a triple major in Spanish, international affairs, and communication disorders. She will be going there for 8 weeks.

The flights through the "organization" that sponsors it are ridiculously high price. Like$2800 from Miami and still have to get there from Omaha

Will check it out. I found some cheaper like that. Only good thing about going directly from Omaha, you wouldn't have to worry about your luggage. Once itsi checked you're done.....assu assuming it didoesn get lost

Will check it out. I found some cheaper like that. Only good thing about going directly from Omaha, you wouldn't have to worry about your luggage. Once itsi checked you're done.....assu assuming it didoesn get lost
Yeah if you can get good connections from Omaha, that's definitely the better way to go. But Copa just started flying direct from Denver to Panama City a few months ago, and it's opened up some new options for getting to Central and South America.

Yeah if you can get good connections from Omaha, that's definitely the better way to go. But Copa just started flying direct from Denver to Panama City a few months ago, and it's opened up some new options for getting to Central and South America.
Yes I checked them out. Actually looked pretty good except for the 11 he layover in Mexico City on the way down and then only 25 minutes to get from plane in terminal A to terminal C to catch last flight back to Omaha. But thanks. Copa really looked good otherwise. Thanks again

Yes I checked them out. Actually looked pretty good except for the 11 he layover in Mexico City on the way down and then only 25 minutes to get from plane in terminal A to terminal C to catch last flight back to Omaha. But thanks. Copa really looked good otherwise. Thanks again
Oh - sorry. The flight I pulled up had about a 5-hour layover in Panama City both ways, but it's probably only available on certain days. Five hours isn't ideal either, but tolerable. Anyway, good luck.

Oh - sorry. The flight I pulled up had about a 5-hour layover in Panama City both ways, but it's probably only available on certain days. Five hours isn't ideal either, but tolerable. Anyway, good luck.
Yes. There were some really good ones IF you have flexible dates which we are looking at IF the host family is able to accommodate. Your help was truly appreciated and worthwhile.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT