ADVERTISEMENT

OT-Anyone got a nice home for sale in West Omaha?

litespeedhuskerfan

Nebraska Legend
Aug 27, 2006
If mods need to nuke this I totally understand.....

Few years ago a poster on this board made an obscure reference to an old muscle car in the family that I followed up on and stayed in touch with him for over a year before they decided to sell it, and I bought it and fixed it up and sold for a nice enough profit to buy a $7,500 mtn bike....and everyone here read the same post and missed it, and my point is you just never know what you can glean from this board if you're paying attention.

So I write all that to say this....I'm getting married soon and we need a home. This market is beyond crazy and thinking outside the box can't hurt, so I'm asking my fellow Husker fans for some help.

We could sign on the dotted line tomorrow, or wait 4 months, but we need a nice home for under $400K and are pre-approved thru FNB. If you know of anyone that will be selling, I'd love to chat with them. We could do it with a realtor or by owner. We are flexible on floor plan and zip code, just needs to be West Omaha. TIA, Jeff

Last edited:

Few years ago a poster on this board made an obscure reference to an old muscle car in the family that I followed up on and stayed in touch with him for over a year before they decided to sell it, and I bought it and fixed it up and sold for a nice enough profit to buy a $7,500 mtn bike....and everyone here read the same post and missed it, and my point is you just never know what you can glean from this board if you're paying attention.

So I write all this to say this....I'm getting married soon and we need a home. This market is beyond crazy and thinking outside the box can't hurt, so I'm asking my fellow Husker fans for some help.

We could sign on the dotted line tomorrow, or wait 4 months, but we need a nice home for under $400K and are pre-approved thru FNB. If you know of anyone that will be selling, I'd love to chat with them. We could do it with a realtor or by owner. We are flexible on floor plan and zip code, just needs to be West Omaha. TIA, Jeff
Sorry for going double OT, but what was the muscle car? Just curious, I'm a semi-frustrated attorney that should've been a mechanic. I have accumulated 5-7 old vehicles (I tell my wife two of them don't count) . I specialize in buying stuff that interests me that has almost no value no matter how much money I put into them. I'm smart like that. Although the last couple I stumbled into have been appreciating like a rocket.

gv3LnGk.jpg

Turned the car into this....(golden opportunity for a Dumb and Dumber mini bike post awaits)

xSexmqN.jpg

appreciate your honesty but that is one for the books. they should have had you on that show where the people trade up for stuff. good luck on your house search, maybe have someone with you before you make the next deal. a little unemotional advice could have helped me on some of my boat deals

appreciate your honesty but that is one for the books. they should have had you on that show where the people trade up for stuff. good luck on your house search, maybe have someone with you before you make the next deal. a little unemotional advice could have helped me on some of my boat deals

Not sure who this is directed at but if it was me, I got this. Thanks anyway.

Bad time to buy. Hold off if you can.. Omaha probably won’t have a crash, but will have a correction.

People who suggest holding off aren't in our situation. Sometimes you are a prisoner of the times, homes are going up a grand a month, and it isn't slowing anytime soon. If you wait 6 months the same house will cost $6K more.

Don't hold off, the Omaha market may see a correction but it won't be enough to matter. There simply are not enough homes in the Omaha Metro Area currently. In fact, Omaha has the smallest inventory of homes for sale that I've ever seen (and I watch the market closely). I've been flipping homes for decades and even my sources are having trouble finding me opportunities.

My suggestion is contact multiple realtors, tell them what you want, and hope you find one that knows of a build about to be finished, or an existing home that is pre-listing.

gv3LnGk.jpg

Turned the car into this....(golden opportunity for a Dumb and Dumber mini bike post awaits)

xSexmqN.jpg
Like is for the Mustang, my sister had a 67 one just like it in High School. My dad spent 6 months & $4K restoring that for her (over 30 years ago) it was her B-day present.

Didn't have it a month and it got totaled after she pulled out in front of another car. Damn thing caught fire like a Pinto, FD had to come and put it out. My dad's buddy already knew about it when he came over a couple days later and asked how the Restoration was coming? Heard it was gonna be a Hotrod. Funny at the time.

My wife is a realtor in town......Good homes are going super fast still, even in your price range.

She has a knack for getting her clients the house when multiple offers are involved. To get the house you want: (1) Be prepared to offer well over listing, (2) cover the gap (if it doesn't appraise) and (3) you, the buyer, most likely will have to fix anything that pops up on a home inspection. If you don't offer all three above- you probably won't get the home if multiple offers are in play.

It's crazy what sellers are getting now- good luck!

I knew they raced there, was not aware it was open to ride the rest of the time though. Thak you!!!!

Now I just need to call FNB and see if we can get our pre-approval up a few....million.
I thought you'd be a regular already.
Heck, maybe they'd sell you their property. Or let you build a tiny house in the woods. ;)

So I write all that to say this....I'm getting married soon and we need a home. This market is beyond crazy and thinking outside the box can't hurt, so I'm asking my fellow Husker fans for some help.

I don't know if this is quite what you're looking for, but they have one listed in Elkhorn in the 420's. Availble this Summer. Might be something to call them about. Good luck.

https://regencyhomesomaha.com/4662-n-210th-st-elkhorn-ne-68022/

Side note: I'm actually in the same Boat as you (kinda) sold my house last December and moved in with mom no less :( I have one parent in a nursing home and after what they took of my dad's, I want to keep my mom out of one as long as I can. We're looking to build a ADA compliant home in West O in the 400K-450K range hopefully. We hope to move before next winter, sell my mom's house.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I wish I never clicked on this thread.

I moved from Omaha on a corporate move and the sale of the house fell through. I then held on to it for 18 years and finally sold it at the end of 2018. Looks like it is wayyy up in value if I had held on a few more.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch

There were a few in that range in the area of 156th and fort

I would not be in any hurry to buy the top of the RE market. I realize you have to live somewhere, but buying now seems on the verge of being irresponsible.

I’ll sell you mine for 400k in Millard Park. Zillow says $346, so that means it’s actually worth like $290k.

You have to take my wife with it though.

Reactions: PCastro
I would not be in any hurry to buy the top of the RE market. I realize you have to live somewhere, but buying now seems on the verge of being irresponsible.

This isn't the top and we have to buy now, or 5 months from now. There is a drop dead date.

We just made our first official offer on a home that has been on market for all of 9hrs, we are competiting with at least two others and offered 10K over asking and prolly still won't get it. People advising to wait are out of touch with the market.

ADVERTISEMENT