ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anybody else looking at vacations for this summer?

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
I'm hoping I get vaccinated soon and have been checking out room reservations in the Tetons for July. Lots of opening for now. I'm thinking 3-4 nights in a view room at Jackson Lake Lodge would be a nice getaway.

Anywhere you can be outdoors and mostly away from people has been fair game. We did Northern Michigan last August and it was nice.

My summer trip will likely be to Omaha this year, mom has been in chemo and radiation for the last year (full recovery expected) and my parents are very eager to be able to get vaccinated and spend time with family again.

Durango end of June, Vrbo. Anyone have feedback on whitewater rafting in the area for a novice family of 4?
GBR!

Durango end of June, Vrbo. Anyone have feedback on whitewater rafting in the area for a novice family of 4?
GBR!

There are a number of rafting companies that outfit on the Animas and San Miguel rivers near Durango. Snow pack across CO is below average right now. Unless it improves, the rafting season is going to be shorter and tamer. You mentioned being novices, so maybe your ok with less excitement on a rafting experience.

Reactions: v1nufan
Got me a nice house rented right on the shore line of Grand Lake CO. Gonna have a great time with the woman and do some killer mountain biking in Winter Park...cannot wait. July.
Make a couple side trips to Hot Sulphur Springs. Not much of a town, but the springs are fantastic.

We have a cruise out of Venice in early May to Italy, Croatia, Greece and Turkey. Really hope that happens but its becoming increasingly doubtful. Have another cruise to the British Isles after the Husker game in Ireland, which is also looking doubtful. A trip to Disneyworld is now scheduled for October. We were supposed to be there this week and would have missed all this snow.

If the first two trips don't happen, we will visit a bunch of national parks in the southwest part of the US.

Reactions: dinglefritz
We started to plan but can't decide where to go and still unsure with all this Covid crap what will be open

I'm trying to come to grips with the fact that legion baseball is going to eliminate vacation plans for this summer. We always go to Minnesota for a week late July early August, but it's been getting more and more difficult to fit it in. This year the senior state tourney is scheduled for the same week. It's a bummer when life finally gets so hectic the family vacation gets axed.

Anna Maria island, florida first week of July and lake of the ozarks last week.

I’ve been vaccinated already so I’m ready to roll. Hopefully my wife gets the vaccine or she’ll want to drive to florida.

I'm game if it has a comfy couch
They have a white table cloth restaurant called the Mural Room that looks out on the Tetons across the Willow Flats and Jackson Lake. Then there's a bar and grill where you can sit out on the deck and watch the moose and elk browsing while the sun sets while you eat dinner.
Got me a nice house rented right on the shore line of Grand Lake CO. Gonna have a great time with the woman and do some killer mountain biking in Winter Park...cannot wait. July.
Nice. The west side of RMNP is great. Camped and hiked on that side my last trip out there.

We are needing some repairs on a couple of churches here in the Dominican Republic. Group of about 4-5 can get this done in about a week. My mission is in the Puerto Plata Province near Luperon Bay. We pick you up from the airport and supply you with all the tools. Small fee but less than a weeks stay in a hotel room, and provide meals and lodging. Great times...

Reactions: keilwitzg
Just did a week in Florida. Doing a week in the Ozarks in March. Hawaii in May. The Dells in July.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT