ADVERTISEMENT

OT. Anybody else getting a "confirmation email" thanking you for your iCloud purchase?

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
Apparently I spent $999 with my "iCloud by Apple Inc". o_Oo_O I don't have an iCloud account. Says it was paid via iTunes. I'm sure it's a scam but damn I've got 4 family members with iPhones and they're constantly buying crap with their phone. It came to my email address as a "copy" to an email sent to somebody else. Some poor sucker is probably actually going to call the "help line" number they gave and get ripped off.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Thanks for the iPhone 13 pro. You are so generous
Well my daughter did just get a new phone but I don't know why anything about it would show up on my email. I have a Yahoo email account so I was kind of wondering if anybody else on the Husker board was getting the same message. I don't use my phone for emails or purchases ever. Never will. The world is full of crooks with no conscience. What is sad is when they interview overseas scammers in the Carribean they laugh about stealing the life savings or Social Security checks of elderly U.S. citizens.

Last edited:
Apparently I spent $999 with my "iCloud by Apple Inc". o_Oo_O I don't have an iCloud account. Says it was paid via iTunes. I'm sure it's a scam but damn I've got 4 family members with iPhones and they're constantly buying crap with their phone. It came to my email address as a "copy" to an email sent to somebody else. Some poor sucker is probably actually going to call the "help line" number they gave and get ripped off.
Yeah, a couple of weeks ago I apparently purchased a big ICloud storage plan for $1500. Oddly the email said that it was billed to some guy in Texas.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Yeah, a couple of weeks ago I apparently purchased a big ICloud storage plan for $1500. Oddly the email said that it was billed to some guy in Texas.
Ahhh so the scam emerges. I supposedly bought 12TB of storage. WTHeck. Can you even buy that much storage? Who the hell needs that? North Korea? China for all of the data they've collected on U.S. citizens and companies?

I wouldn’t have even opened the email. Swipe left, deleted
It's on my laptop. The title looked pretty innocuous (order confirmation) and there weren't any attachments just a phony looking "help line #". Hopefully I didn't download something by opening the email. I've been dealing with some large commercial roofing contractors on a project and was looking for an email from one of them when I opened this email

Just phishing. Trouble is that there's stupid people, young people and old people. Stupid people (see Iowa) are going to be stupid no matter what you tell them. Young people will fall for this scam due to inexperience. Then there's the old people. You know. The ones that have dementia and think that Amart is really a great quarterback.
pQZ6QaY.png

Ahhh so the scam emerges. I supposedly bought 12TB of storage. WTHeck. Can you even buy that much storage? Who the hell needs that? North Korea? China for all of the data they've collected on U.S. citizens and companies?
Youtuber's and other content creators who create videos, need tons of storage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT