images

Reactions: TheBeav815
I have for about 3 years now.
A wide range of foods
Seems to be working out fine
Don't any longer get Vaccinations
Mostly not around other dogs
mostly following Dr. Goldstein's book
Interesting. Would like to learn more because my 2-year old boxer has some sort of recurring allergies and/or something that causes boils around his face that only clear up with steroids. Perhaps a home meal plan would be worth a shot.

Just give dogs what they would eat in the wild.
Meat, eggs, some fruit, grasses during summer.
Everything else isn't necessary.
Some recipes involve chia seeds and other bullshit.
Keep it simple and don't waste money on lentils and crap like that.

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
Cut out the sugars and carbs, and switch proteins every month or so. Lean hamburger with some greens and a touch of brown rice is a popular recipe

Interesting. Would like to learn more because my 2-year old boxer has some sort of recurring allergies and/or something that causes boils around his face that only clear up with steroids. Perhaps a home meal plan would be worth a shot.
Dr. Goldstein's book may help. He's pretty much against current vet thinking and thinks he knows why so may dogs now getting cancer.

Just give dogs what they would eat in the wild.
Meat, eggs, some fruit, grasses during summer.
Everything else isn't necessary.
Some recipes involve chia seeds and other bullshit.
Keep it simple and don't waste money on lentils and crap like that.

Not disagreeing with your main point. But lentils are one of the cheapest foods on the planet.

Not disagreeing with your main point. But lentils are one of the cheapest foods on the planet.
If you pressure cook them, they aren't too troublesome. They are bad for dogs apparently.

If I were to eat cheap and had they land, I would get a few cows/goats, some chickens for eggs, a few fruit trees and potatoes.

Also, go fishing

If you pressure cook them, they aren't too troublesome. They are bad for dogs apparently.

If I were to eat cheap and had they land, I would get a few cows/goats, some chickens for eggs, a few fruit trees and potatoes.

Also, go fishing

I have two brothers. I'm the oldest. The other two are both software developers. The youngest makes a pretty nice penny but the middle brother is flat loaded. He's living with his girlfriend who's also a software developer from India.

She's vegan and makes them lentils every day. Like pretty much a billion other Indian folks in the subcontinent eat. Whenever I talk with my youngest brother we are always poking fun because lover boy and his girlfriend pull down right at seven figures combined and they live off of food that a couple of billion immensely poor folks world wide live off.

They are doing it wrong :) should be like prime rib every meal.

I have two brothers. I'm the oldest. The other two are both software developers. The youngest makes a pretty nice penny but the middle brother is flat loaded. He's living with his girlfriend who's also a software developer from India.

She's vegan and makes them lentils every day. Like pretty much a billion other Indian folks in the subcontinent eat. Whenever I talk with my youngest brother we are always poking fun because lover boy and his girlfriend pull down right at seven figures combined and they live off of food that a couple of billion immensely poor folks world wide live off.

They are doing it wrong :) should be like prime rib every meal.
Your right about the Lentils. My coworker is from India, they celebrate everything. Anytime there is a party, she'll bring something in for me. Had my share of dishes with Lentils. Fortunately she's not Vegan and figured out I like the meat based dishes the best.

Your right about the Lentils. My coworker is from India, they celebrate everything. Anytime there is a party, she'll bring something in for me. Had my share of dishes with Lentils. Fortunately she's not Vegan and figured out I like the meat based dishes the best.

Indian food is my favorite food. But yah I like more than the veggie only dishes.

Reactions: LightningJack
we bought a havanese last fall from a neighbor (btw, one of the cutest little pups ive ever had/seen!)
we’ve always had baby bunny nests in the backyard. well, not for long this year, i think he ate every brood they produced this year. so, you can feed ‘em those, too...

Jesus f*** what is wrong with people, feed the dog what your vet recommends and get it vaccinated before it catches parvovirus or heartworm and dies

If the dog has allergies it can have Claritin or Zyrtec. You wanna be a dog chef that's fine, I give mine leftovers with their kibble, but you should NEVER feed dogs or cats a vegan diet.

Last edited:
Vegan foods have traditionally been the peasant foods.

They convinced affluent westerners to purchase peasant foods/scraps for top dollar.

My dog had allergies her first year, especially affected her ears. The vet put her on Science Diet z/d. Expensive but it 100% cleared up all her issues.

Reactions: TheBeav815
My dog had allergies her first year, especially affected her ears. The vet put her on Science Diet z/d. Expensive but it 100% cleared up all her issues.

I had a labrador retriever, a dog that retrieves fowl, who was allergic to fowl. If we fed him food with turkey or chicken in it, he'd throw up in the middle of the night.

We fed him a canadian brand, Orijen I think it was, red meat formula. More or less $12,000 worth over his 10 year life ($100 a bag per month).

Reactions: mgbreis
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT