ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Any NHL Fans on this board?

bomber89

Assistant Head Coach
Oct 12, 2004
9 or so years ago I was in Tampa Bay on a business trip and several of us from the same company didn't want to do the who bar thing, one of which was the VP of sales so he got us all front row glass seating to see the Lightning play. At the time I was in my late 30's & it was the first time I had ever been to a hockey game and to be honest I went just to experience something new, I was blown away and it was great fun.

I have been a Lightning fan ever since that trip and follow them. The last 4 years have been fun but heart breaking as well. This year I think they finally get it done and win the Stanley Cup. How about you all, any hockey fans on this board?

Root for the Bruins and the Stars. Love the NHL. Will be watching the B's tonight for sure!

Best line in hockey!

Huge hockey fan. Been one since the 70s. Kept season tickets on the glass to the ECHL Colorado Eagles. Won the Cup the last 2 years and the playoff games beat any sports experience to date,

I'm a Red Wings fan. A couple trips to visit friends in Nashville were arranged to coincide with Wings - Preds games at Bridgestone. There are a lot of Wings fans in TN, as the auto industry moved south. The don't throw an octopus on the ice in Nashville...they throw a catfish.

Remember the Omaha Knights from way back when? They were the farm team for the Rangers, if I recall correctly.

Reactions: xxUNRIVALEDxx
I'm a Red Wings fan. A couple trips to visit friends in Nashville were arranged to coincide with Wings - Preds games at Bridgestone. There are a lot of Wings fans in TN, as the auto industry moved south. The don't throw an octopus on the ice in Nashville...they throw a catfish.

Remember the Omaha Knights from way back when? They were the farm team for the Rangers, if I recall correctly.
Big Red Wings fan as well!

Back in the day a bit...the Utah Grizzlies in the IHL used to sell these rubber fish for a buck or something and when they’d score the An kinder would say Ladies and Gentlemen please do no feed the Bears as the fish rained down. Minor Leauges are the best. I hit the Pensacola Ice Flyers when hanging out at my Destin place. Most raucous game was San Diego Gulls/ Bakersfield Fog. Gretzky’s brother coached the Fog. Set the record for most PIMS in a games with something like 600. Guys kicked out of the game coming back on the ice to fight, fans in riot mode. Good times.

Some friends of my parents up in Sioux City used to be hosts for the Musketeers of the USHL back in the 1980's. I became a fan of the USHL then, when I lived in Oklahoma, I had season tickets to the OKC Blazers, good times.

Seattle had 80,000 people apply for season tickets the first day I believe.They had 25000 in the first hour for reservation and deposit for season tickets - so I would say the interest in Seattle is pretty high - never been a big fan but planning on starting

I'm a bandwagon NHL/hockey fan. I like watching the international/ Olympic games. I like the Red Wings, but since they haven't been very good recently, I don't watch much NHL. I don't get the hate for the sport, especially from a lot of football fans. Hockey is a great sport.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT